Sponsored by:

the "Real" C7??? [pics]

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 03:38 PM
goatts
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitrous Oxide
Teens and young people keep telling me they love my C6. The first time you have the means to buy a car like that, you want to go for the status. Then you don't care as much about that, and buy what you really want. Refining the interior is what's needed, statuswise. IMO.
I bought my first vette in 1982 when I was 30yrs old with money I made in the stock market. I could not have cared less about status. I looked but there was nothing else like it available. No competition.

Vette will not get you status. Many look at it as poor man's supercar.

Please, no more bitching about the interior. Corvette is about world class performance at bargain price which requires compromise on the interior. I don't remember Zora worrying about the interior, thankfully. They could offer upgraded alcantara interior package for all the garage queens.

Last edited by goatts; 09-16-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:42 PM
lavla
Drifting

Received 387 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by pcguy2u

Here's a photo of the GT3 and the ZR1 (it's the one on the left) and they are remarkably similar although the GT has much less room inside.

Check the rest of the pics here..........
The only similarity is the color.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:46 PM
arcticZ51
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bapd77
Looks to me like someone's been doing some photoshop!!

http://www.hyts.hu/autok/chevrolet/c...op-2010_r7.jpg
lol- I thought that was PAINFULLY obvious.

Great job on digging up the original!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:51 AM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goatts
I bought my first vette in 1982 when I was 30yrs old with money I made in the stock market. I could not have cared less about status. I looked but there was nothing else like it available. No competition.

Vette will not get you status. Many look at it as poor man's supercar.

Please, no more bitching about the interior. Corvette is about world class performance at bargain price which requires compromise on the interior. I don't remember Zora worrying about the interior, thankfully. They could offer upgraded alcantara interior package for all the garage queens.
Precisely. There wasn't much competition in your days, as you say yourself. But nowadays things are very different. And that's why the young will keep buying BMW, Audi and Porsche. I know, because that's what I did in my first upscale purchases. You can't blame me, there is a Porsche every street corner in my neighborhood. If you want to stick to current demographics, keep going that way. As for 1982, the Germans weren't nearly as sophisticated as they are now. And there was no invasion like we have right now. You can't compare the two eras. I'm obviously younger than you are. And I can tell you that the first make a young businessman has in mind these days is German, very few will even consider a Chevy Corvette.

Why can't I talk about the interior? There's room for improvement, you and I know it. You want to keep it as a poorman's supercar, whereas it wouldn't take much effort to upgrade it radically. Case in point: people bitch about the Malibu steering wheel. It wouldn't cost a fortune to come up with a Corvette-exclusive steering wheel. It would cost a lot less than revamping it as a new C7/C8 generation. I'm not saying it should be Europeanized. Quality can be American too. Coming up with bland stuff on purpose is not the way to go.

GM will have no choice anyway because, as it was announced yesterday, the Viper will come back in 2012. It will have a better interior designed by the company that owns Ferrari.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:23 AM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

The front looks like a Japanese nightmare.

And I suspect it's gonna take a large dose of Krazy Glue to hold the back of the rear wheel arch at 200 mph.
I'd buy this as long as it's made in the good olNothing on the road like that and I'm sure EVERYthing would be funtionally aero. at speeds.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:48 AM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by QUAKEJAKE
I'd buy this as long as it's made in the good olNothing on the road like that and I'm sure EVERYthing would be funtionally aero. at speeds.
I don't see how it could be aero, but if you say so. I would buy it too, if it weren't for the front. This needs to be reworked. I'm trying to be constructive.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:21 AM
goatts
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Precisely. There wasn't much competition in your days, as you say yourself. But nowadays things are very different. And that's why the young will keep buying BMW, Audi and Porsche. I know, because that's what I did in my first upscale purchases. You can't blame me, there is a Porsche every street corner in my neighborhood. If you want to stick to current demographics, keep going that way. As for 1982, the Germans weren't nearly as sophisticated as they are now. And there was no invasion like we have right now. You can't compare the two eras. I'm obviously younger than you are. And I can tell you that the first make a young businessman has in mind these days is German, very few will even consider a Chevy Corvette.

Why can't I talk about the interior? There's room for improvement, you and I know it. You want to keep it as a poorman's supercar, whereas it wouldn't take much effort to upgrade it radically. Case in point: people bitch about the Malibu steering wheel. It wouldn't cost a fortune to come up with a Corvette-exclusive steering wheel. It would cost a lot less than revamping it as a new C7/C8 generation. I'm not saying it should be Europeanized. Quality can be American too. Coming up with bland stuff on purpose is not the way to go.

GM will have no choice anyway because, as it was announced yesterday, the Viper will come back in 2012. It will have a better interior designed by the company that owns Ferrari.
I don't consider it a poor man's supercar. Many do but it's just ignorance. Most owners of high end cars buy them for status, not their performance capabilities. Poor people can't afford vettes anyway.

They should make upgraded interior an option to keep the price down. This way folks that want it can have it and guys like me who could care less don't have to pay. I bought the Z to autox.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:11 PM
TonyCool
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Amazing what you can achieve with Photoshop these days

Last edited by TonyCool; 09-17-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:47 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by TonyCool

Old 09-20-2010, 09:17 AM
rexracerx9
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by QUAKEJAKE

I'd love to see that in Pearl White!
Old 09-20-2010, 10:37 AM
0Supervettes LLC
Supporting Vendor

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by rexracerx9

We're building a 2010 ZR6X in Pearl White as we speak...
Old 09-21-2010, 12:26 AM
rexracerx9
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Supervettes LLC
We're building a 2010 ZR6X in Pearl White as we speak...
Love to see the pics!
Old 09-21-2010, 02:15 AM
TonyCool
Racer

Default Pearl White?

I'm not sure if this what you meant. But here you go.

Note that I'm not the guy who did the original photoshop. I just grab his work to make a gif. I do know a little photoshop and try to make a white pearl version but I not even close to the skill you need to make the original transformation . Enjoy!
Old 09-21-2010, 09:37 AM
rexracerx9
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TonyCool
I'm not sure if this what you meant. But here you go.

Note that I'm not the guy who did the original photoshop. I just grab his work to make a gif. I do know a little photoshop and try to make a white pearl version but I not even close to the skill you need to make the original transformation . Enjoy!
That's what I am talking about, Excellent!!
The Corvette needs another white other then the classic Arctic White. I'd buy a C7 if it looked like the one in the pics.

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2010, 03:05 PM
MOTO13
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dtclark
I thought the same thing about the C6 when I heard about the exposed headlights. When the C7 is built and you see it on the road, I have a feeling our jaws will drop and we'll want one.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:45 PM
TonyCool
Racer

Default True

Originally Posted by MOTO13
I thought the same thing about the C6 when I heard about the exposed headlights. When the C7 is built and you see it on the road, I have a feeling our jaws will drop and we'll want one.
For most people it takes sometime to warm up to the new generation, and for some time (while they are much more expensive) they hate the new model, but eventually (when they become affordable and the past generation starts looking old and outdated) we all end up warming up to it.

In my case I thought I would never like the 6th generation, but now I'm looking to get a c6z and since I still think the c5 is an awesome looking car I'm also thinking to get a c5 vert. Kind of the best of both generations and of both open air/performance.

I think however the c7 will be a different story. I'm sure that it will have much better looks than past generations, better interiors, and much improved MPG numbers. With gas prices going up we will all want a c7. I have seen at least three c7 corvette concepts in the forum that I would buy in a heart bit.

Here are some of my favorites:

Old 09-21-2010, 08:53 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

That's what I am talking about, Excellent!!
The Corvette needs another white other then the classic Arctic White. I'd buy a C7 if it looked like the one in the pics.

Thanks!
Same here.This is enough of an improvment to get me interested.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:40 PM
BMWDAD
Instructor

Hello and new to the forum.

I passed on a C6 in 2008 and bought a BMW 335i coupe/sports/6mt.

I am extremely interested in the C7.

Can you point me to a thread that has the known facts?

I know about the new V-8, split window, stingray emblem, and the car will be a 2013 available in starting in April 2012.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: the "Real" C7??? [pics]