What do you NOT want in a C7?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 09:20 PM
9secz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What do you NOT want in a C7?

I sure hope influential Chevy employees read CF! Please, please, please,

- If I turn something off, LEAVE IT OFF! I don't want the a/c compressor to run on a sunny, 60 degree day. I push the button to shut it off. But if I turn the temp **** to it's minimum setting (60), you turn the compressor back on. CUT IT OUT!!!

- If I turn my goofball automatic headlights off, LEAVE THEM OFF! Don't make me have to trick your foolish BCM by quickly turning the headlight **** to off right after starting the car in my garage on a bright, sunny morning. EVERY DAY!

You can can knock yourselves out designing cars that think for us. Many, perhaps most, like it that way. For the rest of us, please provide a manual mode that sticks for each of these automatic systems!

Please don't put a relatively fragile speaker grill right where I use my knee to brace myself during 0.95g right turns. I know I'm going to break it the first time I track the car.

Why did you use two independent, full range temp setting ***** for the dual zone climate control? I have to change both of them to change the interior temperature. It's pretty obvious that 60 on my side and 90 on my wife's side ain't gonna happen. Please go back to the C5 setup with the master temp setting **** on the driver side and a "make my side a bit warmer or a bit cooler" **** on the passenger side. Then I only have to take my eyes off the road to turn one **** when I want it warmer or cooler.

Now that I've sniveled, I'll finish up by saying the C6 is the nicest car I've ever owned. I enjoy it more than my Porsche 996 Turbo (which is for sale), and more than the C5 that preceded the Pcar.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Baughb
Drifting

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't mind the DVD/Nav option going away if it meant a more sculpted dashboard could be used. It's something I would never use and just looks so out of place in a sports car. (yes I know many have them). They're expensive and ugly. Nothing says tacky like a television in your car (or anything resembling one).
Old 04-11-2008, 04:39 PM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by 9secz
I sure hope influential Chevy employees read CF! Please, please, please,

- If I turn something off, LEAVE IT OFF! I don't want the a/c compressor to run on a sunny, 60 degree day. I push the button to shut it off. But if I turn the temp **** to it's minimum setting (60), you turn the compressor back on. CUT IT OUT!!!

- If I turn my goofball automatic headlights off, LEAVE THEM OFF! Don't make me have to trick your foolish BCM by quickly turning the headlight **** to off right after starting the car in my garage on a bright, sunny morning. EVERY DAY!

You can can knock yourselves out designing cars that think for us. Many, perhaps most, like it that way. For the rest of us, please provide a manual mode that sticks for each of these automatic systems!

Please don't put a relatively fragile speaker grill right where I use my knee to brace myself during 0.95g right turns. I know I'm going to break it the first time I track the car.

Why did you use two independent, full range temp setting ***** for the dual zone climate control? I have to change both of them to change the interior temperature. It's pretty obvious that 60 on my side and 90 on my wife's side ain't gonna happen. Please go back to the C5 setup with the master temp setting **** on the driver side and a "make my side a bit warmer or a bit cooler" **** on the passenger side. Then I only have to take my eyes off the road to turn one **** when I want it warmer or cooler.

Now that I've sniveled, I'll finish up by saying the C6 is the nicest car I've ever owned. I enjoy it more than my Porsche 996 Turbo (which is for sale), and more than the C5 that preceded the Pcar.
with all of your points. I would add to the list a factory RF tire that is both light and quiet.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:59 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

Received 215 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Baughb
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't mind the DVD/Nav option going away if it meant a more sculpted dashboard could be used. It's something I would never use and just looks so out of place in a sports car. (yes I know many have them). They're expensive and ugly. Nothing says tacky like a television in your car (or anything resembling one).
well, ya know alot of people use them for....uh.....um.....navigation.

not many people fork over $2k for a "radio" that looks like a tv.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:18 PM
9secz
Pro

Originally Posted by m48xhp
well, ya know alot of people use them for....uh.....um.....navigation.
OK, that proves it. I'm old! It never occurred to me that certain DVDs, played under certain circumstances, could, in certain cases, lubricate the mood. But your post brought it all into crystal clear focus! A DVD in that 64 Pontiac Catalina with the queen size back seat I drove in high school would have come in very handy on the weekends!

OK, I'm done dreaming ... back to the original subject.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:22 PM
SSTEVEGS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Baughb
I agree with you on this completely, but it seems the majority of the masses are absolutely impressed with TV screens in their automobiles, SUVs and Trucks! Let's hope it's just a passing fad...
Old 04-12-2008, 01:08 AM
blitzu
Racer

I would like to see GM step away from a lot of the plastic they are accustom to using in the interiors in all their vehicles. Take a second, and take some pride in the corvette more than ever before, move it above the rest of the fleet in ALL WAYS, and make it mean something.

I will take pictures if necessary, but I am all sure everyone sees it. The 3LZ package is a joke as well..... a good step in the right direction but it covers about 40% of what is actually the problem. When I look in on the interior of my C6 Z06 from the rear of the car with the rear hatch open I see layers of plastic snaped together hanging from the ceiling.... that's imbarrasing. The stuff that is considered the "premium" interior package should be the basics of an interior. Step it up for god sakes this time. Let the world know that GM and American cars are not tacky, or cheap!

Go to work GM, you've done outstanding thus far on the exterior of the Z06, the exotic materials used A++, and the motors are really stepping up... we're just lacking sooooo far behind on the over all interior.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:53 AM
my_blue_c5
Pro

Just a straight manual transmission, no SMG or Paddle shifts or anything like that.
I'd like to elminate the RF's, so expensive to get replaced.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:58 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

OK, that proves it. I'm old! It never occurred to me that certain DVDs, played under certain circumstances, could, in certain cases, lubricate the mood. But your post brought it all into crystal clear focus! A DVD in that 64 Pontiac Catalina with the queen size back seat I drove in high school would have come in very handy on the weekends!

OK, I'm done dreaming ... back to the original subject.
Not quite what I meant. Looks like your mind is in the gutter, Jeff. I meant people like me actually use navigation systems for navigation. my nav system will play dvds....even 'those' dvds, but i dont play dvds on it.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:52 PM
scraejtp
Intermediate

Originally Posted by my_blue_c5
Just a straight manual transmission, no SMG or Paddle shifts or anything like that.
Screw that, it can just keep the option to have a manual transmission. You can keep your outdated technology...how about they bring the carburetor back for you too.

I don't want to see a V6 in the corvette, not even a FI V6.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:05 AM
andrecswe
7th Gear

If you push the right ****, you will be able to control entire climate system, left and right side, with the left ****.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:39 AM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

So you feel the need for the addition of a spare and a jack? I went to the Firestone RFs and they are much superior to the GYs. Much quieter.

Perhaps we'll see Michelins on the C7?
Old 04-13-2008, 12:34 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

so you are one of those corvette owners that only replaces his tires with GY RFs.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:36 PM
ferrarimanf355
Intermediate

Originally Posted by scraejtp
I don't want to see a V6 in the corvette, not even a FI V6.
Ditto. Greenpeace, the Sierra Club and all the enviromentalists can raise CAFE regulations , go after anything that isn't a hybrid, and all that, but if they take the V8 out of the Corvette, that will be the death of an American icon. GM can't risk that, can they?
Old 04-13-2008, 09:06 PM
ANTIVNOM
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ferrarimanf355
Ditto. Greenpeace, the Sierra Club and all the enviromentalists can raise CAFE regulations , go after anything that isn't a hybrid, and all that, but if they take the V8 out of the Corvette, that will be the death of an American icon. GM can't risk that, can they?
I've said the same thing about the Mustang. I will never buy a mustang without a V8, and I won't buy a Corvette without one either.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Baughb
Drifting

Yes I know the NAV's work for navigation, and it's fine if you want one. But it always seemed to me like whytech vs. high tech. As in why have a $2000 gadget to do what I can with a $3 map. plus if any more of these bulky dashboard doo-dads get popular, we're going to start needing to line them up in front of the passenger. Pretty soon the dash will look like a home theater rack system, resplendent with many flat black boxes. I'd much rather see a minimalist sculpture with just the necessary information on a dash and leave the clutter for the luxury cars.

Take these opinions for what they're worth of course (nothing), I live and work in a very computer and gadget rich environment and career, and use the Vette as an escape. I actually almost traded it for a Solstice when I heard you could order one with crank windows and no air conditioning.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:34 PM
TCW
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 245 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-13,'16-'17, '19

I do NOT want exposed headlights! Bring back the traditional hidden headlights.

Tom

Get notified of new replies

To What do you NOT want in a C7?

Old 04-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Baughb
Drifting

Oooh, that would be cool, but do it in a new way so the lights are still relatively flush when up/on. Sliding covers maybe?
Old 04-16-2008, 01:13 PM
david9962000
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't want that leaf spring in the back. It needs a coil-over.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:20 PM
2002ConvertibleBBB
Racer

Originally Posted by TCW
I do NOT want exposed headlights! Bring back the traditional hidden headlights.

Tom

Quick Reply: What do you NOT want in a C7?