Show me were I sign up.

Let me sign up as second!

Old 02-17-2008, 02:05 PM
JMash
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C6-Stingray
I like this one better

Man, someone really butchered that picture from it's original version...

The original version looked much better, both from a professionally artistic standpoint as well as an overall design standpoint.

The original version combined some of the styling cues from the new Camaro (wheels and sweeping rear end) with what we've all come to enjoy from the C6, and doing it in an attractive and aggressive package. The exhaust coming out the sides just in front of the wheels, the lights weren't that ugly-***-yellow dot, but rather clear and more rectangular in shape.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:30 AM
Corvette.C6-R
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by POACHR
i love these body lines but not the headlights
I hope this was a joke...
Old 02-20-2008, 03:52 PM
EdV
Advanced

Originally Posted by JMash
Man, someone really butchered that picture from it's original version...

The original version looked much better, both from a professionally artistic standpoint as well as an overall design standpoint.

The original version combined some of the styling cues from the new Camaro (wheels and sweeping rear end) with what we've all come to enjoy from the C6, and doing it in an attractive and aggressive package. The exhaust coming out the sides just in front of the wheels, the lights weren't that ugly-***-yellow dot, but rather clear and more rectangular in shape.
Whats the link to the original?
Old 02-20-2008, 09:43 PM
young grasshopper
Pro

Maybe the base c7 will come with an LS7 and the Z will get the ls9
Old 02-22-2008, 06:44 PM
JACKAL0PE
Lepus-temperamentalus
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyboo
I designed that car here is more pics.
enjoy.

Looks like a C3
Old 02-24-2008, 11:22 AM
JMash
Advanced

Originally Posted by EdV
Whats the link to the original?
Here's a comparison of both pictures side by side -- The overall style of the two cars is basically the same, but the original looks sleeker to me.

The yellow turn-signal lights are an absolute eyesore and detract from an otherwise beautiful design. So much so, in fact, that I didn't even notice the rest of the subtle changes on the car until after I'd seen it posted in multiple threads. The headlights were shrunk drastically in size and altered to be a much more triangular shape, the look much too small to me and I don't like the shape, but it's not nearly as offensive as the turn-signal lights. The whole front fascia was altered to remove the original clear lights and now the size and shape of those air inlets look far too much like the ones on an Enzo.

The exhaust pipes on the side of the car underneath the doors are gone, and I really like that part of the original design. It was a throwback to some of the earlier generations of the Corvette, but done in an attractive and 'modern' (for lack of a better word) manner.

The body line for the door was removed, making so that this new version opens like the current C6, not like a standard vehicle with a frame around the window. The body line on the front fender above the wheel was removed as well, which is a change that I thought would look good on the car, but you can see the edit-marks on the picture.

The whole picture looks like it was edited by a three year old with a box of white crayons, I really didn't care for the lack of quality in the presentation. Then again, maybe I'm just overly critical.

Last edited by JMash; 02-24-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:23 PM
The California Kid
Pro

I really like those first pics
Old 02-24-2008, 10:14 PM
70blueshark
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Wethingtonvette8093
Dang i like that, turn signals back down where they are supposed to be, looks like the 09 camaro wheels tho, and a lambo front look, i like it. but dont care for the stingray badges
The "stingray" had it's moment in the sun. I don't see GM ever putting it back on a Vette.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:38 PM
EdV
Advanced

Originally Posted by JMash
Here's a comparison of both pictures side by side -- The overall style of the two cars is basically the same, but the original looks sleeker to me.

The yellow turn-signal lights are an absolute eyesore and detract from an otherwise beautiful design. So much so, in fact, that I didn't even notice the rest of the subtle changes on the car until after I'd seen it posted in multiple threads. The headlights were shrunk drastically in size and altered to be a much more triangular shape, the look much too small to me and I don't like the shape, but it's not nearly as offensive as the turn-signal lights. The whole front fascia was altered to remove the original clear lights and now the size and shape of those air inlets look far too much like the ones on an Enzo.

The exhaust pipes on the side of the car underneath the doors are gone, and I really like that part of the original design. It was a throwback to some of the earlier generations of the Corvette, but done in an attractive and 'modern' (for lack of a better word) manner.

The body line for the door was removed, making so that this new version opens like the current C6, not like a standard vehicle with a frame around the window. The body line on the front fender above the wheel was removed as well, which is a change that I thought would look good on the car, but you can see the edit-marks on the picture.

The whole picture looks like it was edited by a three year old with a box of white crayons, I really didn't care for the lack of quality in the presentation. Then again, maybe I'm just overly critical.

Yeah I definantly like the original WAY more
Old 03-26-2008, 09:07 AM
sneakypete
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, choices, choices. hope we can still buy gas when this one is on the dealerships lot.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:44 PM
RetardedPenguin
Instructor

Old 04-06-2008, 05:37 AM
kertong
Pro

Yech - that red CP werks car is full of fail.

Lambo rear, f50 hood, c6 lights and front bumper - since when did slopping together different car motifs into one bastard car turn out well?

I like the white c7 prototype best - the one without the photoshop brush'ed DRLs
Old 04-06-2008, 12:39 PM
GN1270
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And lets again keep it realistic on wheel sizes and realize the car has to base price around what it does today in tomorrows dollar. Also that the Corvette will always be a more function over form when it comes to adding crazy scoops, not to mention that the car has to be painted by a machine, and machines have troubles painting weird shaped items. Case in point is the TA WS6 hood I beleive had to be painted by hand because the machine could not do it right. I think the future is going to more cleaner lines and more of a basic flow rather than big scoops and edgy lines.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:51 PM
cb5300
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dgrant3830
Well if they made it and it really looked like that, GM would be raking in the big bucks for sure. I would get one without a doubt as long as they kept the price reasonable.
GM...keeping it priced reasonable???.... ..Good one!!!...
Old 05-17-2008, 03:01 PM
From C6ZO62C8
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

not for me
Old 05-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Showdown
Pro

Originally Posted by dahctor
That's sweet. Nice job!
Bump for this pic

Get notified of new replies

To A C7 corvette I would buy. pics inside

Old 05-19-2008, 12:15 AM
Showdown
Pro

Originally Posted by VettinFan
Now that is AWESOME !

~AL
Old 03-14-2011, 09:53 PM
JanC6
Navigator

I like it, I would like to convert my white C6 using that kit. Could anyone help me? How could I get it? Who sells it?
Old 03-14-2011, 10:07 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyboo
I designed that car here is more pics.
enjoy.

These are pretty... ugly.

Not digging that at all. I'm hoping GM let us down.

Quick Reply: A C7 corvette I would buy. pics inside