C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A V-3 TI Tuning Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 01:50 PM
quick silver 3800
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A&A V-3 TI Tuning Questions

I am in DFW and have a 2015 Stingray. I recently found a good deal on a A&A kit that is now sitting in my garage. It has a 3.8. I will install it within the next few weeks. I have other cars to drive so am not in a rush to have it ready tomorrow and would like to have everything planned out prior to starting. Currently the car is completely stock. 100%. However, I also have headers and x pipe (catless on both) that will also be going on.

note: TI because that was what was available plus I do not intend to stop at the supercharger.

questions:
1. Who is the best tuner in DFW? Is there a preferred tuner for n/a vs power added? Is there a tuner that is substantially better than what is in DFW? I am willing to drive but only if substantially better. If recommending someone, are they known to only tune “their” cars (the cars they worked on)? Hoping to find a good tuner without an extremely long wait time.
2. I am on a stock fuel system. Is that system capable of handling the increase with this first round of mods? What is recommended for a centrifugal and header/x pipe setup?
3. From what I have researched, the LT1 has a ring issue? What are most people doing to fix this? Are most people installing a lt4, rebuilding what they have or hopes and prayers?

if they are rebuilding, I assume it is for the rings but also assume that while you are in there you should probably also plan to fix next weak points and build out.

i do not have any real goals so to say. My buddy has a stock z except for borla cat back. My first goal would like to keep up with him at least. Second goal would probably be in the mid to low mid 6s in the 1/8. I know 1/8 is odd to quote but when I built my last car that is where I raced and as a result am most familiar with it. There are also some …. “Friends”…. That run there that I would like to beat eventually.

while keeping it safe would what I currently have be able to meet either goal and if not what would be the next recommended step?
Old 04-22-2024, 06:26 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

If running pump gas 93 octane only on stock pistons, rule of thumb is stay at or below 600 rwhp. Then if you add more octane with Meth or E85, then stay at or below 700 rwhp. Anything higher than that you should do drop-in pistons or forged the engine.

Stock Lt1 fuel system is "usually" good to about 600-630 rwhp before it runs out of pressure. But, I've seen some that have weak pumps from factory and run out before that power level, and then you would need to upgrade to LT4 HPFP and injectors.

It seems harder to find a reputable shop that will tune cars they didn't build nowadays.

Thx, Josh
Old 04-25-2024, 01:02 PM
Chazzmania
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 69 Posts

I was running the same combo about a year ago and just finished building my LT1 with drop in piston and rod with all other supporting mods. Are you looking for in-person or remote tune? Like Josh said if staying on pump keep it under 600rwhp to be on the safe side. Anyting over that without meth or E is asking for trouble. People push them far sometimes but it is only a matter of time before they have a failure.
Old 04-27-2024, 04:58 AM
quick silver 3800
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazzmania
I was running the same combo about a year ago and just finished building my LT1 with drop in piston and rod with all other supporting mods. Are you looking for in-person or remote tune? Like Josh said if staying on pump keep it under 600rwhp to be on the safe side. Anyting over that without meth or E is asking for trouble. People push them far sometimes but it is only a matter of time before they have a failure.

I would prefer in person tuning but not opposed to remote for now. I intend to have the engine pulled and built this fall so just looking for something conservative that I can have a little fun this summer.

I have another issue with the intercooler that I will be starting another thread on to ask about. Essentially the kit I got was used and looked great but the intercooler that I received does not look like it will work. The guy said it was the one in the vette it came off though.

I got this kit at a great price and assumed I may have to buy a missing bracket here or there. For example, I think there is an intercooler bracket that I don’t have and the abs reroute bracket. No biggie but need to make sure I have an intercooler that works/fits. Any advise/ideas?

Old 04-27-2024, 05:15 AM
Chazzmania
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by quick silver 3800
I would prefer in person tuning but not opposed to remote for now. I intend to have the engine pulled and built this fall so just looking for something conservative that I can have a little fun this summer.

I have another issue with the intercooler that I will be starting another thread on to ask about. Essentially the kit I got was used and looked great but the intercooler that I received does not look like it will work. The guy said it was the one in the vette it came off though.

I got this kit at a great price and assumed I may have to buy a missing bracket here or there. For example, I think there is an intercooler bracket that I don’t have and the abs reroute bracket. No biggie but need to make sure I have an intercooler that works/fits. Any advise/ideas?

So for me I did a remote tune just because of my location. Cars being doing great and having a AF/R gauge helps to keep and eye on things. In regards to the intercooler that’s definitely not the one that comes in the A&A kit. Their intercooler mounts flat and has a ram air vent. I am not familiar with the one in the pic.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A V-3 TI Tuning Questions

Quick Reply: A&A V-3 TI Tuning Questions