C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A and A8

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 11:08 PM
nasty_c7
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A&A and A8

Supercharger newb here.😂 575whp with A&A Ti unit, ARH headers and x pipe. I have had back for almost a week and haven’t developed the fortitude to floor it. I was told to bring down the gears with the paddles, nail it and throw in drive by the tuner because the A8 will drop gears to quick and could put you in a bad situation (example: a ditch). Question to you supercharged auto guys, how do you drive your monster? Do you paddle shift when doing a pull?

This car is an absolute blast, but honestly scary. Getting more used to it each time I drive without losing respect for the power.

Last edited by nasty_c7; 03-03-2020 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:41 PM
nbatc
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good tires!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by nbatc:
nasty_c7 (03-04-2020), Raggaemon (07-09-2020)
Old 03-04-2020, 08:32 PM
tornatic1983
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

Excellent numbers! I have '15 A8 with an ECS blower and catless ARH. Put down 568 rwhp 540 rwtq so similar numbers to yours. I don't use paddle shifters just let the A8 do its thing. Good thing about the Centrifugal is it'll drive similar to stock until you get into boost. You'd be fine like flooring it from 60 mph doing quick bursts here and there. Mine is such a blast on the hwy. From lower speeds if you keep traction control while rolling into throttle she should hold. You might feel the back end getting a little loose while traction control is fighting to keep her in place but its controllable. I did a 50-120 mph test with her the other night and she did it in 6.0 seconds. Have fun!

Last edited by tornatic1983; 03-04-2020 at 08:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Raggaemon (07-15-2020)
Old 03-05-2020, 11:16 AM
Firekeeper
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What size Ti head unit pulley are you running?
Old 03-07-2020, 01:44 PM
LSX228R
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Nice!. Centri's are the best. R888R's will help with traction. Be careful if temps are under 50.
Raggaemon (07-09-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 08:40 PM
GHOSTRACER
Advanced

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Just picked up my 14 Z51 up from the tuners on Tuesday. I was very pleased with the numbers as they were about 10% higher than I expected, 615rwhp/564rwt. This is with a A&A Kit, Ti head unit, 3.8 pulley, AlkyControl single nozzle kit. I’ve put maybe 10 miles on the car since the install and tune, and that was the drive home in rush hour traffic. I did have a couple of opportunities to put it in manual and punch it a few times. I didn’t turn any of the nannies off and I’m going to assume that car was fighting the traction control as the pulls weren’t the smoothest. It’s done nothing but rain since then so I haven’t been able to test my theory.

Last edited by GHOSTRACER; 03-12-2020 at 08:59 PM.
Raggaemon (07-15-2020)
Old 03-24-2020, 02:25 PM
C3_ERROR
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 32 Posts

My tuner (Jeremy Formato - FasterProms) programmed my trans to force shift the car before hitting redline while in manual mode. Meaning I can put the car in manual mode, select the gear I want and mash the throttle and the car will shift itself. I didn't like the idea of shifting from manual to drive on the C7. In my CTS-V it was no worries because it was side to side but the C7 you could toss it in N by mistake.
Raggaemon (07-15-2020)
Old 03-24-2020, 02:29 PM
nasty_c7
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't think about that. I am going back in this summer to add Meth and get a street tune. I will ask my dude. I have made a handful of pulls with the car and my current means is to give it enough gas to drop gears and then drop the hammer once there, but I think programming a force shift in manual would be a better and more precise way to go. Thank You!
Raggaemon (07-15-2020)
Old 07-06-2020, 01:46 PM
Jaycajun
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I would recommend ignoring your tuner's advice, "bring down the gears with the paddles, nail it and throw it in drive." Ease into and see what the tires will take. Get used to how it reacts. My recommendation, put on some drag radials and you can stick it and feel secure. Since the day a blower went on my car I have always been on a drag radial. I was going to enter a hard tire race event and threw on stock Z06 tires, stuck it on the highway and almost crashed. I will never drive that car again without drag radials....

Last edited by Jaycajun; 07-06-2020 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 08:27 PM
16 Stingray
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by nasty_c7
Supercharger newb here.😂 575whp with A&A Ti unit, ARH headers and x pipe. I have had back for almost a week and haven’t developed the fortitude to floor it. I was told to bring down the gears with the paddles, nail it and throw in drive by the tuner because the A8 will drop gears to quick and could put you in a bad situation (example: a ditch). Question to you supercharged auto guys, how do you drive your monster? Do you paddle shift when doing a pull?

This car is an absolute blast, but honestly scary. Getting more used to it each time I drive without losing respect for the power.

670rwhp. I run Nitto 05 all the way around. NEVER turn off nannies. Good way to total car and harm yourself.
The following 2 users liked this post by 16 Stingray:
mdaniel (07-08-2020), Raggaemon (07-15-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 03:28 AM
Chazzmania
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 69 Posts

I have the same blower you have on the car. I have done both dropping gears using manual mode and just stomping on the gas in auto. One thing I enjoy is putting the car in performance shift mode. Quick stomp the gas the car will automatically drop down to lowest gear almost like driving a manual and dropping best gear for roll racing then stomp the gas the car seems to hook a little better that way for me.
The following 3 users liked this post by Chazzmania:
-ZEEOHSIX- (07-09-2020), MeanRay1 (07-08-2020), Raggaemon (07-15-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 06:58 AM
tornatic1983
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazzmania
I have the same blower you have on the car. I have done both dropping gears using manual mode and just stomping on the gas in auto. One thing I enjoy is putting the car in performance shift mode. Quick stomp the gas the car will automatically drop down to lowest gear almost like driving a manual and dropping best gear for roll racing then stomp the gas the car seems to hook a little better that way for me.
Yep i do the same. Track mode sport 1 i believe you have full power and still have "active handling" on. Maybe a little quicker than "sport" mode. Blip the throttle and A8 dropping down into best gear like you said is best for roll racing. Love it
Chazzmania (07-13-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 12:28 PM
Raggaemon
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tornatic1983
excellent numbers! I have '15 a8 with an ecs blower and catless arh. Put down 568 rwhp 540 rwtq so similar numbers to yours. I don't use paddle shifters just let the a8 do its thing. Good thing about the centrifugal is it'll drive similar to stock until you get into boost. You'd be fine like flooring it from 60 mph doing quick bursts here and there. Mine is such a blast on the hwy. From lower speeds if you keep traction control while rolling into throttle she should hold. You might feel the back end getting a little loose while traction control is fighting to keep her in place but its controllable. I did a 50-120 mph test with her the other night and she did it in 6.0 seconds. Have fun!
wow !!!
Old 07-09-2020, 12:34 PM
Raggaemon
Instructor

Originally Posted by GHOSTRACER
Just picked up my 14 Z51 up from the tuners on Tuesday. I was very pleased with the numbers as they were about 10% higher than I expected, 615rwhp/564rwt. This is with a A&A Kit, Ti head unit, 3.8 pulley, AlkyControl single nozzle kit. I’ve put maybe 10 miles on the car since the install and tune, and that was the drive home in rush hour traffic. I did have a couple of opportunities to put it in manual and punch it a few times. I didn’t turn any of the nannies off and I’m going to assume that car was fighting the traction control as the pulls weren’t the smoothest. It’s done nothing but rain since then so I haven’t been able to test my theory.
Very cool Ghostracer ! My 2014 Z51 gets a final pull today over at A & A, I live in a neighboring city and I'll be picking my Z51 up this afternoon. Andy told me he got just about the same numbers as yours, but he thinks with one more pull he can get another 10WHP, we'll see.
MeanRay1 (07-11-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 10:03 AM
0JUICED1
Former Vendor

Received 347 Likes on 286 Posts

Keep the nannies on until you get comfortable. Do it when it's warm out and make sure your tires are good.

When we test out a car with big power and we aren't trying to overload the tires/suspension I'll downshift it manually until I'm ready to hit it. Sometimes a hard down shift from the trans will cause the back end to kick out. So you might want to avoid that. But make sure to have some fun...you added the power now go enjoy it. Once you get used to it you'll be back for more.
Chazzmania (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 01:15 PM
Raggaemon
Instructor

Originally Posted by JUICED1
Keep the nannies on until you get comfortable. Do it when it's warm out and make sure your tires are good.

When we test out a car with big power and we aren't trying to overload the tires/suspension I'll downshift it manually until I'm ready to hit it. Sometimes a hard down shift from the trans will cause the back end to kick out. So you might want to avoid that. But make sure to have some fun...you added the power now go enjoy it. Once you get used to it you'll be back for more.
Thanks for the info, I don't race my car, of course having a Corvette means attracting challengers who rev their engines hoping to get me in a speed contest, it's like being trained in the martial arts, you know what you're capable of and as a result you never show off, I will definitely use the local back roads and canyons for fun times !
Old 07-14-2020, 06:16 PM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

Received 1,195 Likes on 663 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

I am putting down 544 rwhp 535 rwtq on my A6 Z51 and it is a blast to drive but I have nor would I never take the stability and traction control nannies off as that is almost like not wearing seat belts and when you need them they aren't there for you.

Since Supercharging in Jan, 2020 A&A, I am learning to RESPECT the new found power and responsiveness. On a roll and flooring I am much more comfortable and she behaves pretty good but from a dead stop you need to feather or ease into it as just flooring that rear in will dance on you.

WOT in auto mode, it goes into performance shifting and shifts much better than when it wasn't tuned and SC'd. I have started putting the hand shift into manual mode and using the paddle shifters and I am really starting to like it that way but I haven't spent a lot of time using that method.
The following 2 users liked this post by KGrant:
Keihin39 (08-07-2020), Raggaemon (07-15-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To A&A and A8

Old 07-15-2020, 12:35 PM
Raggaemon
Instructor

Originally Posted by KGrant
I am putting down 544 rwhp 535 rwtq on my A6 Z51 and it is a blast to drive but I have nor would I never take the stability and traction control nannies off as that is almost like not wearing seat belts and when you need them they aren't there for you.

Since Supercharging in Jan, 2020 A&A, I am learning to RESPECT the new found power and responsiveness. On a roll and flooring I am much more comfortable and she behaves pretty good but from a dead stop you need to feather or ease into it as just flooring that rear in will dance on you.

WOT in auto mode, it goes into performance shifting and shifts much better than when it wasn't tuned and SC'd. I have started putting the hand shift into manual mode and using the paddle shifters and I am really starting to like it that way but I haven't spent a lot of time using that method.
My tune at A&A added the same numbers on my 2014 Z51, and just as you mentioned it's like learning a new level of respect for a car that's plenty fast enough in the stock version, I can almost sense that when I give this car more throttle that it's asking for a lot more.

Have fun & be safe !
Old 08-06-2020, 02:52 PM
Fyv0h
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nasty_c7

Forgive my ignorance with respect to dyno pulls. Did your car do a back flip at 5500 RPM? What is the little loopty-loo thing all about? Never seen a roller coaster power curve before.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:47 PM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

I was going to ask the same thing..lol
I have A&A with meth , stock ported manifolds and ebay X pipe on Si head unit with 3.47 pulley and I am at 640whp 605tq. I just put it in drive and let here rip!

Quick Reply: A&A and A8