C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TVS2650 on an LT1

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 03:29 PM
TexanKen
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TVS2650 on an LT1

Any shop(s) installing the larger TVS 2650 SZupercharger on an LT1 Stingray?
Really would like to try this combo but probably necessitates a new/taller hood.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:47 PM
MCK_Z06
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

They (Magnuson/Speed Engineering) had it under a Stingray hood @ SEMA. The Edelbrock unit looks slimmer, at least in pictures.
Now you might need to lower the engine cradle to get the hood to clear but this is nothing major.

You are going to need to beef up your bottom end and fuel system on a LT1 to take full advantage of this one though.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:27 AM
2highpsi
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

The Maggie Magnum DI 2650 will fit completely under the stock hood of a Stingray with the hoodliner removed.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:50 PM
hogurt
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

They had the Camarofest this past weekend and had it out running on several cars. My buddy was running 9.7 at 143mph running about 12psi. He will be bumping his up to 18-20psi.

i thought he said the Corvette was out there running low 9’s.

The Maggie 2650 fits completely under the hood.

It it sounds like they are getting a ton of interest and orders for the 2650...
Old 07-14-2019, 10:52 PM
Joshinator99
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by hogurt
They had the Camarofest this past weekend and had it out running on several cars. My buddy was running 9.7 at 143mph running about 12psi. He will be bumping his up to 18-20psi.

i thought he said the Corvette was out there running low 9’s.

The Maggie 2650 fits completely under the hood.

It it sounds like they are getting a ton of interest and orders for the 2650...
I don’t believe they have the LT1 kit out yet. Believe it’s scheduled for a fall release.

Last edited by Joshinator99; 07-14-2019 at 10:52 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:33 AM
Bruce_K
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

I've been interested in this as well. Im going to wait it out. and see what everyone else is doing. The LT1 already has a delicate bottom end.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:55 PM
hogurt
Drifting

Originally Posted by Joshinator99
I don’t believe they have the LT1 kit out yet. Believe it’s scheduled for a fall release.
It is installed on my buddies Camaro. I think the full kit for the Camaro is officially released at the end of the month. I am not sure about the Vette kit so you could be right. It might be a little longer. I will see if I can find out.

He was just tuning the car on low boost this past weekend. He also had a learning experience because his cats were clogged and it caused him to run 10.8’s at 130 or so...once they fixed the cats it was back on.

Here was one of his passes. He will be upping the boost now. This was 9.8 at 142mph in a car weighing over 4000lbs. I thought he said the Vette was almost 10mph faster...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...d.php&refid=52

Last edited by hogurt; 07-15-2019 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:53 AM
acz06
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Cant do port injection using the 2650.. big drawback..
Old 07-16-2019, 05:39 PM
Joshinator99
Instructor

Originally Posted by acz06
Cant do port injection using the 2650.. big drawback..
If this is true, it doesn’t make any sense to release that blower to the public. The whole point of that size blower is to play in the HP neighborhood that would need to add port injection...?

Last edited by Joshinator99; 07-16-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:41 PM
acz06
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

You cant run port injection on this blower period.. huge drawback
Old 07-16-2019, 08:27 PM
hogurt
Drifting

Originally Posted by acz06
You cant run port injection on this blower period.. huge drawback
Of course it will fit under the hood, right? Seems to be a really easy path to 900whp or so. I guess I am thinking more about the comparisons between the 2300 and the 2650 and basically you see the 2650 is just more efficient.

I figure it it will be good enough to put cars into the low 9’s or high 8’a pretty easily. Makes me wonder how much of the objections are based on theory vs reality?
Old 07-17-2019, 12:21 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

If this is true, it doesn’t make any sense to release that blower to the public. The whole point of that size blower is to play in the HP neighborhood that would need to add port injection...?
There are DI fuel solutions out there already. There the FIC larger injectors and the LPE uprated pump or even the Katech secondary DI pump for people wanting really big power.

Yes there solutions aren't cheap! But they can be done.

then there is meth that people have been happy with to provide fuel for years and years. Wonder how many 1000rwhp C7’s there are that have meth compared to port injection? Bet it favours the meth!!!
The following users liked this post:
hogurt (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 06:38 AM
hogurt
Drifting

Originally Posted by chuntington101
There are DI fuel solutions out there already. There the FIC larger injectors and the LPE uprated pump or even the Katech secondary DI pump for people wanting really big power.

then there is meth that people have been happy with to provide fuel for years and years. Wonder how many 1000rwhp C7’s there are that have meth compared to port injection? Bet it favours the meth!!!
I personally am not a fan of alky injection but you are absolutely right.

My buddy will have his 2650 to the dyno this week or next, but he’s waiting for smaller pulleys so he can up the boost. He will run ally injection so we will see where he goes...should be a good indication.

Last edited by hogurt; 07-17-2019 at 06:40 AM.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:19 AM
Joshinator99
Instructor

LPE big bore pump will run out of steam way before the 2650 does... even worse on E85. Not the answer.

Most people aren’t keen on scrapping a $10K long block when a $100 meth pump dies. Relying on that for fueling is living dangerously... lol

Port injection is a no-brainer add-on. It’s dead reliable, cleans the intake valves, and nearly infinitely scalable. I guess that will be an advantage for the Edelbrock 2650, Whipple, etc. Nice move by GM to include it on the ZR1.

Last edited by Joshinator99; 07-17-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:01 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

LPE big bore pump will run out of steam way before the 2650 does... even worse on E85. Not the answer.
well someone has already pushed the 2650 to over 1000rwhp with the stock pump and meth on e85! Go have a look in the Z06 section! He dose plan on using the LPE pump once he can get hold of one.

Most people aren’t keen on scrapping a $10K long block when a $100 meth pump dies. Relying on that for fueling is living dangerously... lol
Your joking right? I would say 90% of c7s over 800rwhp will be running meth for fuel!

Port injection is a no-brainer add-on. It’s dead reliable, cleans the intake valves, and nearly infinitely scalable. I guess that will be an advantage for the Edelbrock 2650, Whipple, etc. Nice move by GM to include it on the ZR1.
i agree it’s the best way! But if you want a 2650 but don’t want a new hood / the supercharger sticking through I’m sorry but your fresh out of luck!

Last edited by chuntington101; 07-17-2019 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:07 PM
Joshinator99
Instructor

well someone has already pushed the 2650 to over 1000rwhp with the stock pump and meth on e85! Go have a look in the Z06 section! He dose plan on using the LPE pump once he can get hold of one.

Your joking right? I would say 90% of c7s over 800rwhp will be running meth for fuel!

i agree it’s the best way! But if you want a 2650 but don’t want a new hood / the supercharger sticking through I’m sorry but your fresh out of luck!
Again, relying on meth for fueling is substantially less reliable than port. Not even debatable. Just because someone does it doesn’t mean it’s the best way to go.

Disagree, meth for cooling, sure. But no way 90% of C7’s over 800 WHP are using meth for fueling. Where did that number come from?!?

Yep, you’re probably right on the hood deal.

Last edited by Joshinator99; 07-17-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:06 PM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Again, relying on meth for fueling is substantially less reliable than port. Not even debatable. Just because someone does it doesn’t mean it’s the best way to go.

Disagree, meth for cooling, sure. But no way 90% of C7’s over 800 WHP are using meth for fueling. Where did that number come from?!?

Yep, you’re probably right on the hood deal.
I’m not saying Using meth is the best solution at all! I’m just saying that many many many people do! And a lot are pretty much relying on it for either octane, fuel or both! Just look at all the big ish builds on here and the see the number using port injection. I can only think of a handful (earlH, C5, one guy with a tvs2300 using the CPR stock SC kit, one shop using a LT5 blower, there has to be more). Now look at all the people using meth. Again I’m not saying it right, but it’s another option!

The DI solutions are expensive! What would be great if someone could package the full on DI solution for a reasonable price. But as Katech are the only ones with a secondary pump on the market at the moment it’s their market! So no competition means prices stay high.

i mean the ultimate tvs2650 will be a ported LT5 if only for the boost control and port injection! Just need someone to mock it up on a C7 and see what it looks like poking through the hood / with a cowl.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:28 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I’m not saying Using meth is the best solution at all! I’m just saying that many many many people do! And a lot are pretty much relying on it for either octane, fuel or both! Just look at all the big ish builds on here and the see the number using port injection. I can only think of a handful (earlH, C5, one guy with a tvs2300 using the CPR stock SC kit, one shop using a LT5 blower, there has to be more). Now look at all the people using meth. Again I’m not saying it right, but it’s another option!

The DI solutions are expensive! What would be great if someone could package the full on DI solution for a reasonable price. But as Katech are the only ones with a secondary pump on the market at the moment it’s their market! So no competition means prices stay high.

i mean the ultimate tvs2650 will be a ported LT5 if only for the boost control and port injection! Just need someone to mock it up on a C7 and see what it looks like poking through the hood / with a cowl.
A full LT5 conversion is running around $15K (incl. Port Injection/Fueling) for parts alone. Install, tuning and system refinement will be on top of that. If consider the fact that you are getting 1000+whp/low 9 sec/hi 8 sec capability with OEM validation, the price starts to not look so high. Especially when compared with other alternatives. Most shops, that know how to do it, charge $25+ for a package with that kind of performance....more if you want to get it on the track an make sure it performs....big jump from the dyno to the track to the street.

I think new guys kind of look at things in the what can I get for $10 or 15K and they go with guys that can slap stuff on your car for the lowest price or source their parts from guys that can save you $5 but can't really help you spec out a setup that will perform as expected. Was that guy when I started in this hobby way back when...Been there, done that, learned from it....cars made good hp but weren't all that fast and were full on headaches. You've seen the many "going another direction" car ads from guys that fit in this category...lol.

The guys out there building cars that run fast "reliably" are worth their weight in gold and are few and far between. Their ability and their skill is worth something and with their time/$$ investment to develop parts that work, you begin to see why. While prices may come down some, it really amounts to the old pay-to-play addage.

In looking at all the individual components from a wholesale angle, there isn't a ton of margin in some of that stuff, so if prices start to get depressed, it might be tough to attract the innovators and truly skilled guys because there are more lucrative endeavors for those that are truly talented.

Last edited by Earl H; 07-17-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:45 PM
Silvah Goat
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 71 Likes on 54 Posts

The number of people out there running these meth kits that look like they were constructed after a trip to Home Depot and Radio shack is scary. It’s lunacy. It’s never been recommended by anyone serious in the industry. The number of people selling garbage to make a quick buck is also at pandemic levels. Just a band aid solution for people too cheap to do the job right. Now for added octane and cooling, great solution.

Last edited by Silvah Goat; 07-19-2019 at 09:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Joshinator99 (07-20-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To TVS2650 on an LT1

Quick Reply: TVS2650 on an LT1