C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which injectors to go with!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 05:00 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 866 Likes on 601 Posts

Why does the conversation always turn to what "power" a injector makes? There are so many other factors with that and it makes it sound fishy IMO.

it should be about the true process variable here and that is fuel delivery and flow.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by C7&7
Why does the conversation always turn to what "power" a injector makes? There are so many other factors with that and it makes it sound fishy IMO.

it should be about the true process variable here and that is fuel delivery and flow.
Because it legitimately made more power. We controlled all variables on the engine dyno and did a direct A-B-A test of the injectors. Modified LT1 were on. We put on LT4 and lost power, put the modified LT1 back on and gained the power back.

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 11-07-2016, 05:27 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 866 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by Katech_Jason
Because it legitimately made more power. We controlled all variables on the engine dyno and did a direct A-B-A test of the injectors. Modified LT1 were on. We put on LT4 and lost power, put the modified LT1 back on and gained the power back.
Oh I get it....There are just other questions I ask myself. Was the tune changed? Was more or less timing used? Was the fuel the same octane. Was the dyno SEA correction played with.. etc etc...

Id just rather see fuel delivery. If the fuel is there then of course power can be made.

Last edited by C7&7; 11-07-2016 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:33 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by C7&7
Oh I get it....There are just other questions I ask myself. Was the tune changed? Was more or less timing used? Was the fuel the same octane. Was the dyno SEA correction played with.. etc etc...

Id just rather see fuel delivery. If the fuel is there then of course power can be made.
None of those variables were changed. When we A-B something on the engine dyno we are trying to learn if it makes a difference or not. We only changed one variable and that was the injectors.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:22 PM
black_c7
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

None of those variables were changed. When we A-B something on the engine dyno we are trying to learn if it makes a difference or not. We only changed one variable and that was the injectors.
when the lt4 injectors be ready!! can i buy a new lt4 and send them to you guys to do what you do ?
Old 11-07-2016, 11:19 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,383 Likes on 1,240 Posts

Did you recharacterize the injector data in the tune for the different injector flow or just leave it? I can see making more or less power with an injector swap if the data is off (or "more off) for one than the other, especially if it's off in a favorable way (but nevertheless incorrect).
Old 11-08-2016, 11:28 AM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by black_c7
when the lt4 injectors be ready!! can i buy a new lt4 and send them to you guys to do what you do ?
I can't comment on availability times of products in development. Likely it will be like our LT1 modified injectors where it is an outright purchase of new injectors with no core.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:17 AM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Dizzyscure1
Yeah honestly to me that's pretty crazy to pay $500 per injector and they still can't put down big figures...

now on if they said the injectors and pump could support 1600whp on FULL E85 then year that's legit still high but legit either way.

The market will need to push out better performing fuel componets at a more affordable price before I decide to build a 1500whp C7, then again the market may never offer an affordable fueling solution

DI is for sure a costly setup no matter how u look at it.
My car is close to that hp level and it def was not cheap. I'll have some new dyno numbers next month, hoping to break 1500. We are at 1403 right now.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:33 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

Katech ...any word on your modified LT4 injectors? We want a bit more UMPHHH over the stock LT4 injector offering.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:05 PM
black_c7
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by officermartinez
Katech ...any word on your modified LT4 injectors? We want a bit more UMPHHH over the stock LT4 injector offering.
I wouldn’t change the injectors, keep them and add port injection, i have the lt4 injectors and still be limited on ethanol
Old 09-20-2017, 07:18 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by officermartinez
Yes, they are available now:
http://store.katechengines.com/high-...tors-p561.aspx
Old 09-21-2017, 09:49 AM
Silverboost
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by black_c7
I wouldn’t change the injectors, keep them and add port injection, i have the lt4 injectors and still be limited on ethanol
I'm hoping the ZR1 will have higher flow injectors and fuel pump so there will be a reasonably priced option. Who knows if and when that will be available. It would be nice not to rely on meth.

Quick Reply: Which injectors to go with!