C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just out of curiosity what are people paying for SC installs and tuning

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 11:28 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by promethius
1200 total.....so u got the SC for free?

$700 install for a 15-20 hr job on a SC install. Unless you are living in a 3rd world country, the avg hr rate for most speed shops is anywhere from $90-150 a hr. Not sure where you could have got one installed for 700 unless they were charging you 30 bucks a hr.

So here is my bill:

$4,700 ECS kit shipped to my door
$600ish meth kit(forget what ECS charges for meth)
$700 SC Install
$500 Tune
$700 Meth install(went back after)
$100 retune

$7,300 OTD

It is also not 15-20 hours of work for any of the kits, ECS, A&A, and ProCharger pretty much all say 5-8 hours for a competent mechanic.

Meth takes a lot more time and is a lot more detailed.

This was a shop that ECS recommended and the one that Dr. Phil tunes out of.

Last edited by NoOne; 07-30-2016 at 11:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Dash4237 (07-31-2016)
Old 07-31-2016, 12:03 AM
Dash4237
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Same here my shop was recommended by Josh @ A&A , plus he did work on my head/cam srt8 back in the day. Dr. Phil is doing my tuning as well!

Originally Posted by NoOne
So here is my bill:

$4,700 ECS kit shipped to my door
$600ish meth kit(forget what ECS charges for meth)
$700 SC Install
$500 Tune
$700 Meth install(went back after)
$100 retune

$7,300 OTD

It is also not 15-20 hours of work for any of the kits, ECS, A&A, and ProCharger pretty much all say 5-8 hours for a competent mechanic.

Meth takes a lot more time and is a lot more detailed.

This was a shop that ECS recommended and the one that Dr. Phil tunes out of.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:16 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

I was told 1500.00 for install and tune but that was a friend. But when I do mine on the car I will install the kit and meth on her since now I have a 4 post lift at home. TUNE HE TOLD ME 450.00 Plus that is for dyno pulls also.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:01 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 424 Likes on 322 Posts

Well in any case my Alky control kit is done and tested. While I was at it I Dynamatted the WHOLE trunk and wired for an aftermarket subwoofer. In total start to finish I spent a good 10 hours on this taking my time and double checking everything. Yesterday I spent 4 hours working on the SC kit. I also removed the front bumper so I could put on my Z06 grill. I am about half way done on the SC kit. Lets just say in total this takes me 18 hours for all that. At $3100 without the tune they are making $172 an hour. Well damn I am in the wrong business.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:39 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Just for reference, we charge $1550 for installation AND dyno tuning.
That's providing you purchased the kit from us.
As with most shops, we charge more if you bring your own parts.
We still tie the shop up for the same amount of time, pay the mechanics the same, use the same amount of electricity etc. but do not make anything on the kit of you bring it yourself. Most shops really don't like doing this. Obviously yours liked it even less than most.

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107
Old 08-09-2016, 06:42 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,232 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@A&ACorvette
Just for reference, we charge $1550 for installation AND dyno tuning.
That's providing you purchased the kit from us.
As with most shops, we charge more if you bring your own parts.
We still tie the shop up for the same amount of time, pay the mechanics the same, use the same amount of electricity etc. but do not make anything on the kit of you bring it yourself. Most shops really don't like doing this. Obviously yours liked it even less than most.
yup! We charge more for customer supplied parts as we do obviously make money on parts sales and that is what helps keep the lights on and pay the overhead of running a shop. Plus we have no investors to help lol.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 08-09-2016, 07:21 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

The shop recommended to me says they didn't sell parts and don't want to, go buy it and bring it to us.

I believe this is the shop that both ECS and A&A recommend in Michigan.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:18 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by NoOne
The shop recommended to me says they didn't sell parts and don't want to, go buy it and bring it to us.

I believe this is the shop that both ECS and A&A recommend in Michigan.
If a shop wants to that, it's definitely their prerogative.
I really do not understand why they would want to make a profit on the kit itself. It takes a lot more money than most guys think to cover the overhead.
Besides the obvious rent, electricity and labor costs, there a multitude of taxes, license fees, insurance (both business and workman's compensation) employees health insurance, etc.
I certainly couldn't pay all these if all I was collecting was labor.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:51 PM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

were the same way. if the kit is brought to use it will cost more. but if all bought through us lots cheaper! we even have a sale on the c7 kit right now we jsut started.

5499.99 installed and tuned
thats the kit and all.

if you bring in a kit its 850 for the install and $550 for the tuning on the c7
Old 08-11-2016, 08:48 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 424 Likes on 322 Posts

You guys are ABSOLUTELY correct. Overhead is key and I expected to pay alittle more for the install but $3700 for labor and tune. Just seems a bit much. Every shop here is at $1500-$1700. I was willing to spend $2K which I thought was more then fair?
Old 08-11-2016, 09:03 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Andy@A&ACorvette
If a shop wants to that, it's definitely their prerogative.
I really do not understand why they would want to make a profit on the kit itself. It takes a lot more money than most guys think to cover the overhead.
Besides the obvious rent, electricity and labor costs, there a multitude of taxes, license fees, insurance (both business and workman's compensation) employees health insurance, etc.
I certainly couldn't pay all these if all I was collecting was labor.
Because every shop has a different business model. I was a bit hesitant to take it there because they seemed like a regular auto repair shop. Their business seems split. Run of the mill repair and a lot of classic car work and modern stuff. I'm sure Dr. Phil tuning out of their brings them a decent amount of work. If he wasn't tuning out of there I would have questioned it more since I had never heard of them.

Then again you figure a single classic/muscle/modern performance car customer is a customer X2 or X3. We take our other cars there now for oil changes and such. Our company vehicles there for the same, and so do our employee's since they are close and do good work.

Plus the cost of managing the inventory, space, cash out on materials waiting to be shipped or installed. The profit on the kits themselves may not be enough to warrant it.

They sell everyday parts and they do charge extra if you bring your own stuff. I had the brakes done on my S4 and they charged me a premium because I brought my own parts. My brother in law works for Audi of America so I buy the parts at employee pricing, still worked out to be way cheaper than retail.

Plus not a good comparison because your margin on a kit is the highest since you produce it.

They are in business to make money and I don't mind a premium as long as its reasonable but they were dirt cheap to install the kit.

Last edited by NoOne; 08-11-2016 at 09:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Just out of curiosity what are people paying for SC installs and tuning