Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering a 2015 Corvette From a Forum Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Adamadem
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ordering a 2015 Corvette From a Forum Dealer

Hi Guys,

I've been thinking about ordering a 2015 corvette from one of the forum dealers here. Have you guys had experience with that yet? If any of the forum dealers see this, please feel free to pm about the ordering process.

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2014, 01:11 AM
MrGTC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Adamadem
Hi Guys,

I've been thinking about ordering a 2015 corvette from one of the forum dealers here. Have you guys had experience with that yet? If any of the forum dealers see this, please feel free to pm about the ordering process.

Thanks!
You're going to hear everyone telling you to go with a large volume dealer because they get more allocations of vettes. They can pretty much guarantee you a car once you order it and get it to you within a reasonable amount of time. The only caveat is that you may have to chase them to get prompt replies sometimes because they're dealing with a lot of customers. I've had good experiences with Macmulkin and Les Stanford.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:10 AM
steponc
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Try Tim Boone at Boardwalk Chevrolet in Redwood City, CA
Old 06-20-2014, 03:35 AM
Adamadem
Advanced

Originally Posted by steponc
Thanks! I will try him. Are there any other forum dealers on the west coast I should try?
Old 06-20-2014, 06:07 AM
Corvette03051
Melting Slicks

Received 417 Likes on 220 Posts

Default C7

Mike at Criswell is always accesable and not arrogant like some others.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:16 AM
2CRUZIN
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike Furman at Criswell Chevrolet. Can't ever go wrong with Mike.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:34 PM
flat tire
Heel & Toe

I've been working with MacMulkin in NH. They've been very helpful and responsive so far. They've arranged to have the Vette drop shipped to a local dealer in Texas for an extra $300 (prices will vary from dealer to dealer). Many of the out-of-state forum dealers will give a discount off MSRP whereas Texas dealers typically don't. MacMulkin, Kerbeck and perhaps others will drop $3K off MSRP without haggling. Some add dealer processing fees and some don't so always ask.

Advantages to using larger out-of-state forum dealers: price & faster delivery. Disadvantages: You don't meet the salesfolks eyeball to eyeball and all paperwork is done by email and/or snail mail.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:03 PM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If you don't have access to any discount programs (employee, supplier, credit union) then I would try Ken Fitchner in Montana. They are the closest to you and would be a fairly easy drive back the NV.

If you have access to discounts or if you simply want to deal with a larger dealer / salesman who has been doing this for decades then I recommend Dennis Tap at Les Stanford in Michigan. Dennis treated me very well, delivered on all his commitments and honored my supplier pricing on a Z51 when no one else would. They are also the #3 volume dealer so they should be able to get you whatever you want.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:35 PM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

I was also going to say Fitchner in Montana however I bought my 13 427 convertible from MacMaulkin in New Hampshire. Flew out and picked it up and drove it back to So. Cal ! Great trip! Anyway, you can order one through any forum dealer (don't go anywhere else) and they can have the car drop shipped at your local dealer if you want. Otherwise, what better excuse can you get for a road trip?
Old 06-23-2014, 05:15 PM
karlm
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mjw930
If you don't have access to any discount programs (employee, supplier, credit union) then I would try Ken Fitchner in Montana. They are the closest to you and would be a fairly easy drive back the NV.

If you have access to discounts or if you simply want to deal with a larger dealer / salesman who has been doing this for decades then I recommend Dennis Tap at Les Stanford in Michigan. Dennis treated me very well, delivered on all his commitments and honored my supplier pricing on a Z51 when no one else would. They are also the #3 volume dealer so they should be able to get you whatever you want.
I hear that Ken will offer GM Employee, GM Supplier, Military and Credit Union price programs on 2015 Non-Z51 Coupes and Convertibles.

So, I'd check with him...

Karl
Old 06-23-2014, 09:33 PM
Adamadem
Advanced

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the continued awesome suggestions. I wonder if any of you wouldn't mind pm'img what kind of deals you got from the larger dealerships like McMulkin or Les Stanford. I'm not sure if that is maybe a no no on the boards, but I would just like to see what kind of wiggle room I can get. I would ideally like to get the best deal that I can.

Thank you again!
Old 06-23-2014, 11:39 PM
MrGTC
Racer

Originally Posted by corvette02035
Mike at Criswell is always accesable and not arrogant like some others.
I had the worst experience with him of the three forum vendors I dealt with.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:44 PM
Adamadem
Advanced

Originally Posted by MrGTC
I had the worst experience with him of the three forum vendors I dealt with.
Which one did you have the best experience with?
Old 06-24-2014, 01:44 AM
MrGTC
Racer

Originally Posted by Adamadem
Which one did you have the best experience with?
Both Macmulkin (Ron) and Les Stanford (Dennis) were great to work with.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Received 444 Likes on 191 Posts

Another vote for MacMulkin. I've bought 2 cars now from Tommy, and in each case the transaction was flawless. Flew in for one and had a Courtesy delivery for my 2014. $3K discount too..Not sure where they are on the 2015's though.. Bet they have orders stacked up so you're looking at October+ for delivery..
Old 06-24-2014, 10:21 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I agree.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:16 PM
#1976 C7
8th Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

I would also say Mike Furman at Criswell. I had the luxury of ordering my corvette from a forum dealer locally. I spent 3-4 times in Mikes office and he always took the time to answer any questions or concerns no matter how big or small since this was the first corvette we had even owned and were ordering it before they were even on the street. Mike made the whole process seamless. I could say the only negative thing about dealing with Mike is he was honest the whole way through and never promised something he couldn't deliver(not really a negative). So whether it was him calling me on his way home from his cell after he made the sale, or chatting vets with me when I was there for its first oil change all I can say is Class act.

Scott

Get notified of new replies

To Ordering a 2015 Corvette From a Forum Dealer

Old 06-26-2014, 02:33 PM
rbrumm
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

went down to check out a few vets in stock and they would not even let me sit in one wasted a 100 mile round trip
Old 06-26-2014, 05:06 PM
karlm
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rbrumm
went down to check out a few vets in stock and they would not even let me sit in one wasted a 100 mile round trip
Wow - that sucks.
I went on a 200 mile round trip to get Xpel on my Silverado, and when I got to the dealer was told "we don't do that on Saturday", but I at least got to sit in an already sold Lime Rock Green coupe - it was very nice.

Now I'm getting ready to do a 1334 mile round trip to check out some other 14's, and I better be able to do more than sit in one

Oh, and when I made the appointment with the dealer for the Xpel, I specifically asked 3 times if they would do it on Saturday, and was told yes. I even called on Friday at 11:00 am and asked if I could bring it in "Tomorrow at 10:00". So then the claimed I had an appointment for Friday at 10.

And no, I won't mention the dealer as they are not a forum dealer and only get enough allocations for their small portion of the state.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:24 PM
flat tire
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by rbrumm
I've run into the exact same problem - no dealer will let a potential customer test drive one. What I did was to locate a used 2014. The dealer let me drive it about 45 min and I got a good feel for the Vette. After 45 min behind the wheel, I wanted to take it home with me but it wasn't the right color and I really wanted to wait for the 8 speed tyranny. So I have a 2015 on order. The new Vettes are impressive and a out if fun to drive.

Quick Reply: Ordering a 2015 Corvette From a Forum Dealer