Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me find this build....(please)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 01:38 PM
tcotta411
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Help me find this build....(please)

I feel like a cop. LOL
"BOLO" (be on the lookout)

I am ready to buy. Have cash in hand and GMS authorization # (employee discount).

I have been playing phone tag with the two dealers that honors GMS. Can't get anyone to call me back! Geeeeeeeeezzz. Is it really this hard to find someone to take my $$????

Anyway. Rant over. I need help finding this build. Shoot me a PM if you have come across this vehicle.

White exterior with adrenaline red interior
2LT with z51 performance package
7 speed
5 spoke rim (can be aluminum or black)
Transparent roof
Red calipers
Carbon flash painted spoiler and mirrors
Navigation

MSRP needs to be around $66k.

Thank you for any help!!
Thank you very much.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:52 PM
tcotta411
Drifting

Oh, I forgot. Also, must have performance exhaust.

Thanks again for any help.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:52 PM
J18369
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '14

I hear you. I'd like to order one as well, but I don't like anything the dealers have in their inventory and I can't seem to get the two that take GMS to respond sadly.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:15 PM
tcotta411
Drifting

Ditto. And ditto.
I say I have been playing phone tag but it's more like I've left a half dozen messages over the course of a week and nobody has returned my call.
Everybody is pushing Les Stanford and the FORUM SPONSOR, but I have had no luck. Congratulations to those who have had good dealings with these two dealerships. So far, I am not impressed. And I have made it crystal clear to them that I am ready to buy/order. At this point, I just don't get it.
Soooooo, I am taking matters into my own hands and enlisting the help of forum members. I wish there was a website where I could do a locator for dealer inventory. I have checked Autotrader and cars.com. again, no luck.

:BOLO:
Old 03-29-2014, 08:41 PM
hope2
Safety Car

Received 358 Likes on 241 Posts

guys this is (kinda sorta) like the Harley Davidson hey day 1992 to 2005, they could not build enough and people were standing in line. this is not wine and cheese Lexus showroom.
if you want the car, push the bs aside and get one, little work, maybe, worth it, yes.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:52 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Good luck with your hunt!

Unfortunately I think it has to do with your GMS pricing. A salesperson would rather make commission on a MSRP deal or slightly discounted MSRP rather than make a Minimum commission on GMS Deal. We are talking $1000+ in commissions vs. $100-200.

Not saying it's right but it's the truth.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:18 PM
tcotta411
Drifting

Default I am putting in the work...

Originally Posted by hope2
guys this is (kinda sorta) like the Harley Davidson hey day 1992 to 2005, they could not build enough and people were standing in line. this is not wine and cheese Lexus showroom.
if you want the car, push the bs aside and get one, little work, maybe, worth it, yes.
Don't get me wrong, I know this is going to take some work. I have never been a stranger to hard work either. I am putting in the work and making every effort. I am doing my due diligence.
And I have all confidence that things will work out. I am exercising patience because I don't want to sacrifice on what I want.
I expect to have a deal worked out by next week. In the meantime, I wanted to test the waters to see if I could find something in inventory as opposed to ordering.
By the end of the week, this thread should be dead.
Thanks for the input!
Old 03-29-2014, 11:03 PM
sjones
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Hendrick of Cary has a white/red Z51 however it is a 3LT and the MSRP is $73K

http://www.hendrickchevrolet.com/veh...h-1419223.html
Old 03-29-2014, 11:20 PM
tcotta411
Drifting

Thank you for the info.
The one in Cary is silver and the MSRP is definitely out of my price range.
Appreciate the heads up.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:55 PM
fredl11
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Looks like same in Miami

Originally Posted by sjones
Hendrick of Cary has a white/red Z51 however it is a 3LT and the MSRP is $73K

http://www.hendrickchevrolet.com/veh...h-1419223.html

only 76K

http://www.lorenzobomninchevrolet.co...-FL/2220772503
Old 03-30-2014, 04:40 PM
J18369
Racer

St. Jude Donor '09, '14

Originally Posted by tcotta411
Don't get me wrong, I know this is going to take some work. I have never been a stranger to hard work either. I am putting in the work and making every effort. I am doing my due diligence.
And I have all confidence that things will work out. I am exercising patience because I don't want to sacrifice on what I want.
I expect to have a deal worked out by next week. In the meantime, I wanted to test the waters to see if I could find something in inventory as opposed to ordering.
By the end of the week, this thread should be dead.
Thanks for the input!
I finally got a response from one of the dealers like four days later. The car I wanted was gone of course, only one left is a butt ugly color. I guess I'll end up paying more for a color I want since the pre-price increase cars I gone... or I'll wait til they get desperate when cars start rotting on lots in a couple years.

I'm beginning to think that if you get GMS you get the backburner on service like one of the other posters was saying before.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:50 PM
tcotta411
Drifting

Why don't you just put an order for what you want? You don't have to buy something in inventory...
Old 03-30-2014, 04:58 PM
tcotta411
Drifting

Oh I see...you want pre-price increase...and GMS? You basically want the deal of the century.
You do know the price hike went into effect once the incentives were approved? I wouldn't expect a discount on a pre-price vehicle because incentives weren't being offered when the initial prices were established.
I want GMS on a new build or expect the discount on something already in inventory that has the price increase. I think any other expectation is not realistic.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:59 PM
tcotta411
Drifting

Oh I see...you want pre-price increase...and GMS? You basically want the deal of the century.
You do know the price hike went into effect once the incentives were approved? I wouldn't expect a discount on a pre-price vehicle because incentives weren't being offered when the initial prices were established.
I want GMS on a new build or expect the discount on something already in inventory that has the price increase. I think any other expectation is not realistic.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:26 PM
J18369
Racer

St. Jude Donor '09, '14

Originally Posted by tcotta411
I never said I wanted both? It sounds like that's what you want, though, because that's what Macmulkin was offering. Macmulkin had a car I wanted, but it took them forever to respond and it was gone.

I've asked the dealers to order me one, they won't respond or keep telling me to buy one from their inventory.

I've had nothing but bad experiences buying from Chevrolet dealers (including one of the aforementioned dealers shipping me a car covered in bird ****), it's a miracle I still buy Corvettes.

Why haven't you just ordered one yet, either?

Last edited by J18369; 03-30-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:33 PM
tcotta411
Drifting

Default I can't get anyone to call me back

Why haven't you just ordered one yet, either?[/QUOTE]

I can't get anyone from Macmulkin or Les Stanford to call me back. However , I have an appointment with a small dealership in VA tomorrow. I hope to have an order number by COB tomorrow. Fingers, toes, eyes crossed.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:33 PM
SlickShoes
_Sloth Whisperer_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

For what it's worth, to help broaden your search, you can eliminate "5 spoke rim". You won't have a choice. Z51 determines the wheels, which will be the split 5 on all Z51 cars. And with wheels, having them painted after the fact is always an option, and relatively affordable. I understand it's an inconvenience, but it will help get you the car you want, with less effort.

Same goes for the carbon flash painted mirrors and spoiler, and red calipers. Post-purchase is also an option with those. Lastly, you can likely trade a painted roof for a transparent one down the line. I remember a handful of people in C6's not appreciating the old transparent roof and it's penchant for swirl scratches and water marks.

Consider pulling those requirements, and regrouping them below as "and if possible, these are desired peripherals". Highlighting the invariables and sifting out the variable would allow people who may be apt to keep an eye out for you to remember your request. Your request line could be as simple as:

White Z51 Coupe
Manual 7 Speed
2LT w/ Red Int and NAV

Last edited by SlickShoes; 03-30-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Help me find this build....(please)

Old 03-30-2014, 05:36 PM
tcotta411
Drifting

All excellent pointers SlickShoes. Thanks for your insight on alternatives.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:46 PM
SlickShoes
_Sloth Whisperer_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

No prob. I took a look, too. Not as easy of a car to find as I thought! Well, scratch that, it actually is.... just not for sale.

I feel like that's a really popular combo, with the White/Red Z51 on black wheels and all. Seems to be the "it" buy. But then everybody apparently loves theirs, cause nobody's put one back up, lol.

Last edited by SlickShoes; 04-06-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:53 PM
tcotta411
Drifting

Don't need to find the build anymore. I placed my order today!! Have my order number....and my 1100 status, LOL.
Thanks to all for the info and input. Now I hurry up and wait.

Quick Reply: Help me find this build....(please)