Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why aren't all dealers offering employee/supplier incentives?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by FRANK121
So I can't just go find a Dealer that can order a vette ( My dealer cannot? ) and sit down, build my Z51 and order it? I have to wait until GM says they can have one?
You can go to your dealer, sit down, build, and order a Corvette and nothing will happen until GM says they can have one. And when GM says they can have one it may not be what you ordered (Z51 build, base vert allocation, etc).
Old 05-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Crazy Cowboy
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 120 Likes on 91 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I agree with post #9. And BTW I purchased a new Z51 2005 fully loaded in late 2004 from Les Stanford with employee pricing and they were one of the best out-of-area dealers I've dealt with. Shipped the car to me in no time and even reimbursed me for the first detail since the car was on an open car-carrier and got rained on. I actually still have this pic from 2004 of the car from online when I found it!
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2014, 01:08 AM
Destrukt
Got Boost?!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18.'19

Originally Posted by V-Dub
The "Gotta have it now" mentality is exactly why things are the way they are. Although we all love vettes...it's just a car. Wait till they see it your way then buy. The price increase is irrelevant to me because I have a dollar amount I'm willing to pay with the options I want. Till that magical day comes, they can keep the car and I'll keep my loot.

V-Dub
Said like a PRO Be patient, no car (unless collectors) shall hold or appreciate in value. The time will come my friends.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:13 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

I'd just be happy to see USED C7 prices drop below what I can stroll in to my local dealer and buy a new one for. Without even having to spend $1K and days of my time going to go get it!
Old 06-18-2014, 06:41 AM
Corvette03051
Melting Slicks

Received 417 Likes on 220 Posts

Default $ c7

Imo the car business is as shady a business as one can operate and still remain legal. Having purchased 28 corvettes has brought me to this opinion. The other problem is that chevy dealerships dont know how to sell or handle a quality car that is in demand. They take the eager "give it to me at ang price customers" and alienate the rest. I gave up shopping for a vette and will keep my c6. I purchased a maxima with the
performance package instead and will wait till they "need"
my money. By the way I am not all that sure it makes sense to let a long term customer try someone else's product. My Maxima is a great car with a terrific interior and awesome radio plus is a fun car to drive. I love driving it hard into corners and flying around in comfort. Just my two cents.

Last edited by Corvette03051; 06-18-2014 at 06:44 AM.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:55 AM
SSTG
Le Mans Master

Received 207 Likes on 137 Posts

I found a local Dealer that will honor my GMS. What erks me is the vendors here act like they are here to help us, but the ones I spoke with wouldn't even honor supplier pricing!

Do yourselves a favor and find a Dealership that's not out to take advantage of you, a little bit of your time can save you thousands!
Old 06-18-2014, 03:39 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Default Allocations

Originally Posted by tcotta411
The allocation process is basically a permission slip from GM authorizing the build of a C7. From my understanding, allocations are divided between coupe and convertible and also z51 and nonz51. For example, an allocation for a coupe cannot be substituted for a convertible.

This process has been discussed at length on this forum, therefore some members don't have a lot of patience for someone just learning the process. For me, it took some convincing because I just couldn't believe that such a system would be in place. But, of course, it is true. Very true.

Most would direct you to dealerships associated with the forum who have many and plenty of allocations to build. Personally, I was basically ignored by at least 2 forum dealers and became frustrated with the ordering process. Ultimately, I found a local dealership with a nicely optioned artic white z51 that I feel in love with. The price was more than I wanted to pay, but I got an employee discount through my uncle so the out-the-door price was very manageable.

If you don't have a lot of patience, buy from inventory. If you are willing to call around and play phone tag to catch a forum dealer, take a stab at ordering.

Good luck!
. You are spot on.Couldn't have explained it better myself
Old 06-18-2014, 07:03 PM
ferravette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by V-Dub
The "Gotta have it now" mentality is exactly why things are the way they are. Although we all love vettes...it's just a car. Wait till they see it your way then buy. The price increase is irrelevant to me because I have a dollar amount I'm willing to pay with the options I want. Till that magical day comes, they can keep the car and I'll keep my loot.

V-Dub
Old 06-19-2014, 01:26 AM
USAFSentinel
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I totally agree with all that is being said here. I have had the money in hand twice ready to buy a Corvette from a well known dealer who consistently keeps the community up to date via the web, I am sure most of you know who I am talking about. But of course those individuals often times scowl at not making every penny they can. My little rant aside I was in the same shoes looking for that GM Supplier discount and with a bit of reading through this forum I was able to find a straight forward dealer with the allocations. They are out there! Best of luck to you die hard Vette fans who are true to the car. Damn shame the price keeps running on us.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:40 AM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

Supplier pricing may get your car to below dealer invoice depending on the MSRP of the car. GM only reimburses the dealer up to the invoice price of the car when Supplier is used. So effectively the dealer is only making the hold back on the vehicle. While 3% of MSRP is still a profit, they can still do better right now. Supplier will be more widely accepted after the market cools down some more.

Quick Reply: Why aren't all dealers offering employee/supplier incentives?