Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Z51 for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 10:44 AM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,579 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by TSAGG
Kerbeck claims to have over 1,000 C7's in stock, at least this is the claim on local TV commercials and print ads. Sucks in this case but what can you do?

Best of luck.
Hey, I have a question. After months of searching I finally ordered a 2014 Stingray just last week from a dealer in Florida. During my search, I never saw more then a hundred or so C7s listed on the Kerbeck website. If it is true they have over a thousand in stock, maybe they should have listed them all. I MIGHT have found the exact car I was looking for and would not have had to factory order....

This is not to say I had a bad experience from the dealer I bought from, in fact they were GREAT (and sold me the car at a better discount then anything Kerbeck was offering). It is just that I might have a enjoyed bit of instant gratification..
Old 02-22-2014, 11:03 AM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverblue
Hey, I have a question. After months of searching I finally ordered a 2014 Stingray just last week from a dealer in Florida. During my search, I never saw more then a hundred or so C7s listed on the Kerbeck website. If it is true they have over a thousand in stock, maybe they should have listed them all. I MIGHT have found the exact car I was looking for and would not have had to factory order....

This is not to say I had a bad experience from the dealer I bought from, in fact they were GREAT (and sold me the car at a better discount then anything Kerbeck was offering). It is just that I might have a enjoyed bit of instant gratification..
NO, they do not have over 1000 in stock. Their entire allocation for the 2014 model year is a little over 1000. Some people get confused......

They have about 70 in stock and another 30 inbound as of 02/22/14, the number will always be changing. Of note, they have no Z51 coupes either in stock on in transit. Looks like what they have in stock were allocation orders they placed while Z51's were constrained.

Here's what they have IN STOCK: http://www.kerbeck.com/kerbeck/kerbe...ette_inventory

Last edited by mjw930; 02-22-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:20 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

I am surprised no one has mentioned THIS:

If you (and you should have) used a credit card for the deposit, simply do a charge back...state a legitimate reason if necessary...case closed...no one loses....would be ironic if you used the GM card!
Old 03-02-2014, 07:18 PM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Subscribing to see if kerbeck does the right thing from a repeat business perspective. I'm also looking for a dealer..
Old 03-07-2014, 12:14 AM
DinoBob
Melting Slicks

Received 366 Likes on 207 Posts

Let's get both sides of the story, for one. For another, if the price is right you are all running to Kerbeck.

I live in NJ and used to sell new cars. At that time, the law was that when the car was sold to another party, the deposit had to be returned. There was no such thing as a nonrefundablecdeposit, even if you agreed to that they could not make it stick.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:36 PM
irokcj5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious to see the two opposing sides. 1) Give it back, it's ain't fair, he changed his mind, so give it back! 2nd side) A deal is a deal, he signed the contract. Sorry Pal, you have to sell what you contractually ordered and bought. What makes it curious to me is I wonder what the demographics would be if surveyed. I'm 50, work in the oil and gas industry, raised by blue collar hill billy fellow that his word didn't didn't need a signature. Guess that's where I'm at on this discussion. My word is final and its not the dealership's fault that circumstances changed. His word was he was going to buy and signed a contract. Sounds like OP is taking his word seriously, others commenting seem they expect the dealership to not hold people accountable to their deal. Just wondering, thats all.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:59 PM
12CentennialGS
Intermediate

Probably the same Dave I spoke with when I went there to look. That was the second time I went there to buy a Corvette and will be the last. I didn't buy one the first time either. They are good to go see your selections then go somewhere else an order one. I purchased one from a smaller dealer and I don't mind the wait I live in New Jersey and it just keeps snowing. The price was much better elsewhere!!!!!
Old 03-09-2014, 10:56 PM
msm859
Melting Slicks

Received 997 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by irokcj5
Curious to see the two opposing sides. 1) Give it back, it's ain't fair, he changed his mind, so give it back! 2nd side) A deal is a deal, he signed the contract. Sorry Pal, you have to sell what you contractually ordered and bought. What makes it curious to me is I wonder what the demographics would be if surveyed. I'm 50, work in the oil and gas industry, raised by blue collar hill billy fellow that his word didn't didn't need a signature. Guess that's where I'm at on this discussion. My word is final and its not the dealership's fault that circumstances changed. His word was he was going to buy and signed a contract. Sounds like OP is taking his word seriously, others commenting seem they expect the dealership to not hold people accountable to their deal. Just wondering, thats all.
Well if you breach a contract the other party still has an obligation to mitigate damages. Thus, to me it would be a question of what happens to the vehicle. If it is some odd combination that will be hard to sell, then they should be able to keep the deposit. However, if the car is so "hot" that they will sell it to someone else within 15 days of delivery - then they have not been damaged and they should not keep the deposit.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:48 AM
kronix
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
I am surprised no one has mentioned THIS:

If you (and you should have) used a credit card for the deposit, simply do a charge back...state a legitimate reason if necessary...case closed...no one loses....would be ironic if you used the GM card!

Kerbeck doesn't credit cards for deposits,, I know, I ordered my z51 from them. At an excellent price if I may add, but still surprised they did this.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:30 PM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

With the lack of response from kerbeck they've lost two more sales and all my future vette purchases..
Old 03-15-2014, 09:13 PM
kronix
Racer

Originally Posted by T_Vert
With the lack of response from kerbeck they've lost two more sales and all my future vette purchases..
Lack of response where, on a forum message board or have you called them to place an order and no ones gotten back to you? Because I'm sure the latter is not true, I live in NJ, grew up on the same island, know the Kerbeck brothers (there is no Dave Kerbeck BTW), and have purchased about a half dozen cars from them in 30 years. When I inquired online at night about placing my order, I received an email the following morning from their concierge and then about an hour or so later a phone call from one of their Vette managers. The process went seamlessly smooth, and my car arrived when we expected it to.

To all the "boycotters" good luck in your search, with the new Chevy $2000 price increase, Kerbeck is still honoring their old prices and discounting Vettes, where your "mom & pop" dealers that get 1 loaded 3 LT sell it for $80K. They'll continue to be the #1 Vette dealership in the world for a reason, good prices & custom service.

To everyone that's appalled about a dealership not returning a deposit, REMEMBER, these cars were custom ordered and it CLEARLY states on the contract that deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE if YOU cancel a car that YOU ORDERED. We're not talking about a Malibu sitting on the lot, and the customer put $500 down and then decided on a Corolla. It's a car BUILT to the OWNER's SPECS. READ THE PRINT NEXT TIME YOU SIGN SOMETHING & then change YOUR mind!!!
Old 03-15-2014, 09:23 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,986 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Originally Posted by kronix
Lack of response where, on a forum message board or have you called them to place an order and no ones gotten back to you? Because I'm sure the latter is not true, I live in NJ, grew up on the same island, know the Kerbeck brothers (there is no Dave Kerbeck BTW), and have purchased about a half dozen cars from them in 30 years. When I inquired online at night about placing my order, I received an email the following morning from their concierge and then about an hour or so later a phone call from one of their Vette managers. The process went seamlessly smooth, and my car arrived when we expected it to.

To all the "boycotters" good luck in your search, with the new Chevy $2000 price increase, Kerbeck is still honoring their old prices and discounting Vettes, where your "mom & pop" dealers that get 1 loaded 3 LT sell it for $80K. They'll continue to be the #1 Vette dealership in the world for a reason, good prices & custom service.

To everyone that's appalled about a dealership not returning a deposit, REMEMBER, these cars were custom ordered and it CLEARLY states on the contract that deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE if YOU cancel a car that YOU ORDERED. We're not talking about a Malibu sitting on the lot, and the customer put $500 down and then decided on a Corolla. It's a car BUILT to the OWNER's SPECS. READ THE PRINT NEXT TIME YOU SIGN SOMETHING & then change YOUR mind!!!

AGREE!!!

If a dealer sold the car out from under someone......and said OH here's your refund go order somewhere else...... what would CF say then????
Old 03-15-2014, 09:57 PM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

The lack of response is what I am referring to. They are ALL OVER this board and a few minutes could have been taken here and probably should have to ease the minds of other perspective customers. Regardless, they didn't find it necessary which is their prerogative. So is where we purchase our C7s.. Nothing else to dispute at the point.

Dave

Originally Posted by kronix

Old 03-15-2014, 11:21 PM
nous defions
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DinoBob
Let's get both sides of the story, for one. For another, if the price is right you are all running to Kerbeck.

I live in NJ and used to sell new cars. At that time, the law was that when the car was sold to another party, the deposit had to be returned. There was no such thing as a nonrefundablecdeposit, even if you agreed to that they could not make it stick.
The funny thing is that I swear I think that no one here actually reads.

The OP gave BOTH sides of the story. He never put down Kerbeck. He just stated the facts. He gave a deposit, decided he didn't want it, and is trying to find a buyer because he was told by Kerbeck that it is too late to get it back otherwise.

He didn't accuse the dealer in this thread. He's just looking for a buyer. That's the story. That's how it works with a deposit.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:39 AM
wfd1739
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Back in 2002 I placed an order with Kerbeck for a special order Z06. Yellow with red interior. Gave them a $500 deposit, while car was in production I lost my job. I called them and explained the situation. Without hesitation they refunded my deposit on a "special" order car.

Kerbeck did not have to refund me my deposit. I have bought a car from them since and would again.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:59 PM
kronix
Racer

Originally Posted by nous defions
The funny thing is that I swear I think that no one here actually reads.

The OP gave BOTH sides of the story. He never put down Kerbeck. He just stated the facts. He gave a deposit, decided he didn't want it, and is trying to find a buyer because he was told by Kerbeck that it is too late to get it back otherwise.

He didn't accuse the dealer in this thread. He's just looking for a buyer. That's the story. That's how it works with a deposit.
I know I read through the thread, and I also noticed that the OP made 3 posts in it, has 7 posts total and hasn't posted since the end of January. This whole bash Kerbeck thing has been drummed up by ignorance. I think it's safe to say the dude sold his Vette or dropped dead, so lets all move on, Kerbeck's an awesome dealership!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:11 PM
talon8
Intermediate

It's KERBECK !!! Enough said.

Quick Reply: C7 Z51 for Sale