Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Z51 for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 11:27 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyboy314
When did people start thinking deposits should be refundable?
Right around the time the Internet became popular, allowing millions of customers to communicate like never before, and become real smart....overnight.

Not passing any judgement on Kerbeck here, just answering your question in general terms.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 01-21-2014 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:26 AM
TSAGG
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Companies have policies. As long as it's legal the policy is the policy. I'm fairly certain Kerbeck made the policy known at the time of the order. Kerbeck claims to have over 1,000 C7's in stock, at least this is the claim on local TV commercials and print ads. Sucks in this case but what can you do?

Best of luck.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:25 AM
toddrichards
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What can you do? Return his deposit, which in return will keep things like this from happening.

I'm sure KERBECK doesn't care if a few guys on the internet talk badly about them. There's thousands of other people who will buy from them.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:19 PM
97coupechuck
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Kerbeck IS a reputable dealer and there is another side of the story. Kerbeck, where you at in this discussion???? Hope on board and enlighten us munions.

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u
You might want to with hold judgement before you slam a reputable dealer because there is ALWAYS another side to the story. I don't think Kerbeck became the LARGEST Vette dealer in the world by screwing people out of their deposits. And does MacMulkin have the same policy when it comes to a specifically ordered car?????
Old 01-23-2014, 03:23 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

When did people start thinking deposits should be refundable? Whats the purpose of a deposit if you can back out anytime with no recourse? Think I'm going to go order a new Aventador tomorrow. Ha
What the hell - order two!!

Hope the situation gets resolved professionally. But, if a contract was signed.....
Old 01-25-2014, 05:20 PM
CaptainChet
Racer

Originally Posted by 1BADLS3

Kerbeck is now on my list of businesses to not do business with.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:35 PM
baron95
Racer

Received 271 Likes on 140 Posts

Mac Mulkin has 3 triple black Z51s in stock. I'm not sure if there is any instant demand for this in the Northeast. I think Z51s are becoming more generally available. $1,000 discounts on Z51s are coming from Mac Mulkin soon.

Tripple black is my preferred combination and I'm just waiting for the competition seats to become available, and prefer manual, and also I have no use for transparent or carbon fiber roofs.

Else I'd buy one of the Mac Mulkin triple blacks or your car.

Congratulations for ordering a classy color combination. I hope you can sell your position. But I don't think it is anything out of the ordinary for Kerbeck to enforce the deposit on cancelation.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:20 PM
astrotx
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainChet
x1000 Ban them as a forum dealer...this is complete BS
Old 01-28-2014, 05:00 PM
toddrichards
Instructor

Agree.. I'm sure one of the other big dealers will pick up the sponsorship.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:21 PM
Dave01GT
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by toddrichards
Agree.. I'm sure one of the other big dealers will pick up the sponsorship.
This is hilarious. Ban the largest Corvette dealer that pays to serve the members of this board, because he is going by the terms of Chevrolet. Not some contract that he just drafted up from thin air, but one that is used by all Chevy dealers. A deposit is a guarantee to hold and purchase something, and this something was even built to specific tastes. Who cares if it's in high demand and will eventually sell, it's the point that the original poster agreed to the terms and knew in the first place. A deposit shows you're not just a tire kicker, inconvenience, and a waste of time.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:08 PM
TSAGG
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

I was at Kerbeck this past weekend looking at Corvettes. They have an amazing supply...hundreds both inside and out. Would they sell the custom ordered car in question? Most definitely, but a contract is a contract. Bottom line. I really don't understand folks here taking the position that a business is obligated to reverse position in this scenario.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:14 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

A couple of years ago I signed up to run my Z06 at Daytona. I knew before I sent my $450 registration in that there were no refunds for cancellations on my end.

I fell and had to have rotator cuff surgery two months before the track day, so I didn't go.

I didn't get on the internet an start bad mouthing the event's sponsors. Since the event fills up quickly and they normally have a waiting list, they might have sold my slot to someone else. But, I knew what the rules were regarding refunds before I registered. AND, I would not hesitate to register with them again to run around Daytona at 175MPH. They did no wrong as I was the no show, not them.

I realize that the OP is not bad mouthing Kerbeck but some of the people responding to him sure are, and for no good reason.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:46 AM
quick04Z06
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 600 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by TSAGG
I was at Kerbeck this past weekend looking at Corvettes. They have an amazing supply...hundreds both inside and out. Would they sell the custom ordered car in question? Most definitely, but a contract is a contract. Bottom line. I really don't understand folks here taking the position that a business is obligated to reverse position in this scenario.
You are right, in one respect, but wrong in another. Yes, a contract was signed, but since Kerbeck can take delivery of this car and then sell it to someone else ("cover'), their actual damages would be the difference in return, if any, the dealer gets from selling the car to OP or to someone else. Maybe the dealer incurs some extra interest on the floor plan line, or they have to discount the car to sell it, but their damages will be slight, regardless. That is why many feel they should let OP off the hook....
Old 01-29-2014, 01:44 PM
jaymedic44
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow that stinks! My family has been in the new car business ( not GM) for decades and has NEVER refused to refund a deposit.

Good way to get a very bad reputation. I wonder if Dave Kerbeck knows about this?
Old 02-21-2014, 07:58 PM
427muscle
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

When did people start thinking deposits should be refundable? Whats the purpose of a deposit if you can back out anytime with no recourse? Think I'm going to go order a new Aventador tomorrow. Ha
Agree
Old 02-21-2014, 08:13 PM
BAKnBLK2010
Instructor

I don't think the OP is saying he wants the deposit back. I think he stated he is trying to sell the car so he won't be out the deposit money......
Old 02-21-2014, 08:43 PM
Z06streetracer
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i bought 2 vettes in the past from kerbeck and i would always gp back
they were the easiest and very friendly to me this story sounds a little shady

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Z51 for Sale

Old 02-21-2014, 09:40 PM
vetteride4u
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you decide to buy a 70k car and the dealer is to give you back our deposit because decide you don't want it? They have the inventory they ordered and don't need yours!
Old 02-21-2014, 10:37 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteride4u
So you decide to buy a 70k car and the dealer is to give you back our deposit because decide you don't want it? They have the inventory they ordered and don't need yours!
There is the black and white of a contract and there is building a relationship....in business one can choose to be cold and fall back on a contract or be flexible and build a relationship that might lead to many more contracts and transactions in the future...just how I look at things...
Old 02-22-2014, 09:44 AM
Jeffrey Ziemer
Instructor

What's one more car in Kerbeck's huge inventory? I agree give him his deposit back.

Quick Reply: C7 Z51 for Sale