Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] A true honorable man

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 11:39 AM
FRCEFED
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Great story. Thank you for sharing. And from a Naval veteran, thank you for your service to our country.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:56 AM
175rgr
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ATC399,

If your implying that I contacted him asking, pushing or pulling or in any way shape or form trying to get money out of the man you are 100% absolutely incorrect. I still speak with many people who I have sold cars to about the car and people who I have bought cars from about the car because to me this is more than just a hobby or passion I genuinely care and always in a way feel responsible for cars that I mod/own and work on and let go. I just sold an 820 rwhp c5z to a gentleman a few weeks ago and have been in contact with him making sure everything is good with the car and its everything that he was expecting when he received the car. I'm still in contact with the guy I bought that c5z06 from and in fact he just texted me yesterday requesting the new owners number so he can keep track of the car.

But because you require more of an explanation on the dealings even though it wont change your outlook on the entire situation, at the end of the day its really not your business what happens with any of the monetary value sent or received or really has anything to do with money. This was posted here to show people that good people with good hearts are out there and was meant to touch/show and remind people to reach out to others and help them no matter how big or small.

here is some more proof of how good a guy he really is for you to look at.

My text to him about the builder:

Can you get me in contact with who did the heads on this car. I believe the valve guides are shot.

him: that's crazy they just put in brand new bronze guides! It is (engine builder) in now world famous (city)

him: talk to the (engine builder) guys and see what they say. If it turns out to be bad guides I will send you $1000.00 to help out.

me: If your willing to do that I don't know what to say.

About 15 minutes ago he just read the email that I had sent him after receiving the money,

His response:

Hey, I just got a chance to read your email and all I can say is I am so proud of you and your team for who you are and what you do for the rest of us.

my reply:

I'm glad you received the email. I'm still sitting here looking at this PayPal deciding if I really can accept this gesture

his response:

Definitely do accept it. I would feel bad if you didn't.

Your post is exactly why I was hesitant to post any information on what happen at all.

But, thanks for sharing your opinion on the matter it is an open forum and you have every right to do so, I just don't want this thread to turn into a battle of right and wrong and lose sight/focus on what the original intent was.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:01 PM
Wndotintman
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Kudos to both of you. Wish there were more people in the world like this.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:09 PM
Dre01SS
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-20-2014, 01:01 PM
TRSCobra
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 239 Likes on 163 Posts

Nice to hear there are still some decent people out there. And apparently a lot of Rangers in the c6z community!
Old 08-20-2014, 01:04 PM
carpe dm
Le Mans Master

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by LT5 John
Awesome, thanks for sharing...
Old 08-20-2014, 01:19 PM
rsalco
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ATC399
Sorry but this "just emailing to let him know about the issues you found/and a link to this thread"..Does not seem right to me..You purchased a used sports car..And should have returned or refused to except his money PERIOD...
Your opinion, while perhaps interesting to yourself, is otherwise irrelevant. Remember your mother telling you, "If you can't say something nice,.........."?
Old 08-20-2014, 02:54 PM
GMuffley
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ATC399
Sorry but this "just emailing to let him know about the issues you found/and a link to this thread"..Does not seem right to me..You purchased a used sports car..And should have returned or refused to except his money PERIOD...
I couldn't disagree more. The OP did not demand payment from the seller; he merely inquired who had worked on it before. The seller made an extraordinary kind gesture out of the goodness of his heart.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:07 PM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by 175rgr
ATC399,

If your implying that I contacted him asking, pushing or pulling or in any way shape or form trying to get money out of the man you are 100% absolutely incorrect. I still speak with many people who I have sold cars to about the car and people who I have bought cars from about the car because to me this is more than just a hobby or passion I genuinely care and always in a way feel responsible for cars that I mod/own and work on and let go. I just sold an 820 rwhp c5z to a gentleman a few weeks ago and have been in contact with him making sure everything is good with the car and its everything that he was expecting when he received the car. I'm still in contact with the guy I bought that c5z06 from and in fact he just texted me yesterday requesting the new owners number so he can keep track of the car.

But because you require more of an explanation on the dealings even though it wont change your outlook on the entire situation, at the end of the day its really not your business what happens with any of the monetary value sent or received or really has anything to do with money. This was posted here to show people that good people with good hearts are out there and was meant to touch/show and remind people to reach out to others and help them no matter how big or small.

here is some more proof of how good a guy he really is for you to look at.

My text to him about the builder:

Can you get me in contact with who did the heads on this car. I believe the valve guides are shot.

him: that's crazy they just put in brand new bronze guides! It is (engine builder) in now world famous (city)

him: talk to the (engine builder) guys and see what they say. If it turns out to be bad guides I will send you $1000.00 to help out.

me: If your willing to do that I don't know what to say.

About 15 minutes ago he just read the email that I had sent him after receiving the money,

His response:

Hey, I just got a chance to read your email and all I can say is I am so proud of you and your team for who you are and what you do for the rest of us.

my reply:

I'm glad you received the email. I'm still sitting here looking at this PayPal deciding if I really can accept this gesture

his response:

Definitely do accept it. I would feel bad if you didn't.

Your post is exactly why I was hesitant to post any information on what happen at all.

But, thanks for sharing your opinion on the matter it is an open forum and you have every right to do so, I just don't want this thread to turn into a battle of right and wrong and lose sight/focus on what the original intent was.
Please don't defend yourself,its people like this that makes your story so refreshing and giving him any time or thought is wasteful. There always has to be a "that guy" and we now have one...
Old 08-20-2014, 04:23 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Kudos and thank you both. Him for his generosity and you for your service.

Enjoy the Vette and don't forget to wave.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Twistedpixels
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ignore ATC399 and his BS comment accusing you of forcing the sellers hand in paying you that money. He didn't have to do it and the fact that he did just shows that he was not aware of the issue. If he did not respond to you at all then that would have been full admission of guilt he was selling you a defective car and trying to slink away. Take the money and fix your ride and stay safe man. Maybe send him a gift this xmas to repay the gesture. I would.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:42 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Location: 2007 Nat'l Corvette Challenge 11.50 index Champ. New Jersey
Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

Awesome story on both sides!
Old 08-20-2014, 05:24 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

It's always good to hear about the positives in life. There is so much negative out there that a story like this is refreshing. Ignore the negatives.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:17 PM
z76232
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

This post brought a tear to my eye from both sides of the story. The gesture from the seller and what you do to make it safe so I can drive my Z without worrying about getting shot at or blown up. Couldn't imagine what you've seen or had to do. Thank you. As far as ATC399's opinion he must be from the Viper Alley forum. Most negative site I ever belonged to.

Last edited by z76232; 08-20-2014 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:35 PM
RGT
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Great story. Thank you for your service to our country.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:25 PM
HyperX
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Awesome!!!!
Old 08-20-2014, 08:45 PM
Rock36
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This story certainly took my personal cynicism levels down a notch or two.

Get notified of new replies

To A true honorable man

Old 08-20-2014, 08:49 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Always nice to do business with someone of integrity and values. Nice of him to stand behind his car after he sold it to you even if he really had no obligation to do so.

Enjoy the ride
Old 08-20-2014, 08:57 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by psp6158
There always has to be a "that guy" and we now have one...
One in every thread, disgusting..............

Unselfish acts like this, and more people like the guy who gave the money, could change the face of society, making "here" a better place for all of us to live............
Old 08-20-2014, 09:23 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by z76232
This post brought a tear to my eye from both sides of the story. The gesture from the seller and what you do to make it safe so I can drive my Z without worrying about getting shot at or blown up. Couldn't imagine what you've seen or had to do. Thank you. As far as ATC399's opinion he must be from the Viper Alley forum. Most negative site I ever belonged to.
Definitely agree with you regards Viper Alley....geez...

Op...thanks

Add: To: ATCer: what are you thinking? That blue pill is supposed to be for Sunday dinner....

Last edited by tim414; 08-20-2014 at 09:27 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] A true honorable man