Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Head Testing Spin off questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 07:44 PM
SSinister06
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with these guys! Just got my heads back and installed last week. Heads looked great and the car runs perfect as expected! I went with the stage 4 as well! Kohle tested my stock valve springs being as my car only has 4k miles on it and they tested fine so I stuck with them. Kohle is great to deal with, I still shoot him emails here and there just to ask random questions about torqueing bolts and what not and he is very prompt to answer! Another huge benefit with AH is the turn around time. You won't have to wait a month like you do with some shops from the day I mailed them to the day I received them back was like 10 days total. I highly recommend American Heritage! Good luck sir
Old 08-20-2014, 07:18 AM
Javvy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any updates from anyone yet ??
Old 08-20-2014, 03:26 PM
Coach62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Well, I greatly appreciate the OP for starting this, but he is selling his car. He has generously offered to continue on this project, but I think it may be in everyone's (including his) best interest to have someone either take over, or assist him.

I *think* we might be able to talk Propain into doing it.

Thoughts???

I mean absolutely no disrespect to the OP that got all this going, it's just that since he's selling his car, one of us that are keeping our cars might be more motivated.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:43 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by vertC6
No doubt there is no one issue at work here, the intakes do wear at a slower rate than the exhaust but still way too much for a stock car which would go back to what Darrin was saying about the PM guides and valve stem coatings.

I have however seen the pictures of the Katech motor with the stock valves braking and blowing up the motor, it happened overseas so it didn't get my play here on the forum. I know of at least 2. I am with you on finding the root problem but looking at the poor craftsmanship of the GM valve when it is cutaway I don't understand how anyone could feel comfortable using it regardless of the guide issue.
This (Katech motor blowing overseas) is old news. Katech can build the worlds most perfect motor, and thats what they build. But when assembled by someone else, useing a thousands diff combo setups! Well, good luck. Im sure thats way many ship there Zs to Katech and have it done right the FIRST time.

Last edited by DON T.; 08-20-2014 at 06:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-20-2014, 06:17 PM
[Cerberus]
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah I am not selling my car anytime soon (I think anyway).
Old 08-20-2014, 10:59 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Coach62
Well, I greatly appreciate the OP for starting this, but he is selling his car. He has generously offered to continue on this project, but I think it may be in everyone's (including his) best interest to have someone either take over, or assist him.

I *think* we might be able to talk Propain into doing it.

Thoughts???

I mean absolutely no disrespect to the OP that got all this going, it's just that since he's selling his car, one of us that are keeping our cars might be more motivated.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Coach. I think you meant this to be in the other thread. If Forgotmypen is unwilling or unable to continue due to lack of motivation or desire I would be happy to continue where he left off.

As far as "Finally" giving something back. I don't consider maintaining a little thread with a specific and linear agenda "giving back". I consider it self motivated and to the detriment of this forum. I have no interest in that type of "giving back" to this forum.

With that, if I did continue where he left off I wouldn't be looking to push my opinion onto the forum with a dramatic thread or list on this subject because that is not what I would consider "giving back". As a matter of fact it would just be more of exactly what this forum doesn't need. I however would simply continue with the data collection in the interest of research and if the members who donated collectively saw fit for it to be publish to the forum then it should be published in a fashion where drama would be kept to a minimum. If that's what you had in mind then I'm your guy if needed.

Thanks again Coach.

Last edited by propain; 08-20-2014 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:54 AM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by propain
Thanks for the vote of confidence Coach. I think you meant this to be in the other thread. If Forgotmypen is unwilling or unable to continue due to lack of motivation or desire I would be happy to continue where he left off.

As far as "Finally" giving something back. I don't consider maintaining a little thread with a specific and linear agenda "giving back". I consider it self motivated and to the detriment of this forum. I have no interest in that type of "giving back" to this forum.

With that, if I did continue where he left off I wouldn't be looking to push my opinion onto the forum with a dramatic thread or list on this subject because that is not what I would consider "giving back". As a matter of fact it would just be more of exactly what this forum doesn't need. I however would simply continue with the data collection in the interest of research and if the members who donated collectively saw fit for it to be publish to the forum then it should be published in a fashion where drama would be kept to a minimum. If that's what you had in mind then I'm your guy if needed.

Thanks again Coach.
Propain! You are one Cool Dude. It is amazing what can be done on this forum. Honestly, for myself- i would have a stock Z06 with a possible blown motor coming and ruined my DAY..WEEK...YEAR.. And bank account...Its fun to watch all this come together.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:43 AM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by DON T.
Propain! You are one Cool Dude. It is amazing what can be done on this forum. Honestly, for myself- i would have a stock Z06 with a possible blown motor coming and ruined my DAY..WEEK...YEAR.. And bank account...Its fun to watch all this come together.

Thanks Don! You as well. The awareness that it has generated for this issue has been huge and hopefully the success stories like yours keep rolling in. We need more people like you on this forum!

But yes, the data keeps flowing and the truth shall set you free!

If any comments in my previous post seem out of context or strange its because the usual suspect has deleted his post (par for the course) in which part of my response was directed at. I'm glad he thought better of it.

Last edited by propain; 08-21-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Head Testing Spin off questions