Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Anyone else have problems with SLP BlackWing intake?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 04:43 PM
MarkRacerX
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Anyone else have problems with SLP BlackWing intake?

I just picked up my 2008 Z06 early June, 13k mi car. All stock aside the SLP BlackWing intake, CF side skirts , CF wing. I have really enjoyed this car! My 1st V8 car, coming from Evos, STi's, BMWs, 350Z, S2000 to name a few.

Car Runs smooth / strong! 7.0L is great change of pace for me and nice to have great TQ all rpm!

While at the drags I noticed 3rd gear not pulling the same, where prior I hit 120-121mph range, this run was only 115mph. Upon popping the hood I notice my intake has slid out of the coupler to the throttle body. I slide it back in, tighten clamp down. Oddly this intake has no lip to hold clamp secure/keep from sliding. Seemed commonly all my turbo'd cars the piping all had the lip to keep from sliding apart. Anyways make another run, same story pulls off. I fig twice in a row, I better park the car, slide it back and baby it home so it doesn't come apart again.I do later notice the holes at end of filter that connect to front of car are broken so it's not secure anymore up front. I do see many intakes just an open filter up front and they only secure above the radiator. You'd think it would be ok the coupler to hold it on by itself??

Just curious anyone else break mounting tabs on this intake or remedy to keep from pulling off throttle body?

for ref here is same intake:

Thank you!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Anyone else have problems with SLP BlackWing intake?