Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Help me choose - Black '11 or SSB '12?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 07:13 PM
rockinSeat
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 72 Posts

Get the ssb, then spend $50 and plastidip your wheels black. Ssb with black wheels looks like carbon edition. Or you can always buy a set of chromes or whatever. Most owners have 2 sets of wheels anyway.

As for mileage, are you a collector or we you going to drive it? If you're going to drive, 14k vs 2k doesn't make much difference.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Runs11s
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by rockinSeat
Get the ssb, then spend $50 and plastidip your wheels black. Ssb with black wheels looks like carbon edition. Or you can always buy a set of chromes or whatever. Most owners have 2 sets of wheels anyway.

As for mileage, are you a collector or we you going to drive it? If you're going to drive, 14k vs 2k doesn't make much difference.
I'm definitely going to drive it.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:56 AM
z76232
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

As a X Used Car dealer, I would say get what you like but blue is the worse re-sale color in the world. No offense to those of you that own blue cars but I couldn't give a blue car away. And yes BLACK is a pita but has to be one of the most sought after colors there is. Even in AZ. I had no problem selling a black car. The old saying is true, Nothing prettier than a shiny black car and nothing harder to keep it that way. I would go with the black just for the re-sale issue you have in mind in the near future. My top selling colors for the Phoenix area were 1- WHITE, 2- SILVER and of course, #3- re-sale RED.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:05 AM
markzeronine
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the presence of my all black z but damn it's a pain to keep clean. And I keep it in my garage and only drive it once a week on nice days... I saw a ssb carbon edition or whatever it's called. Zr1 splitter, sides, and spoiler. Zr1 gunmetal wheels too, it was a pretty damn impressive looking car I must admit, and I'm not even a huge fan of that blue. In a perfect world I'd have my exact car in white, but that wasn't available in my price range.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:05 PM
Runs11s
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by z76232
As a X Used Car dealer, I would say get what you like but blue is the worse re-sale color in the world. No offense to those of you that own blue cars but I couldn't give a blue car away. And yes BLACK is a pita but has to be one of the most sought after colors there is. Even in AZ. I had no problem selling a black car. The old saying is true, Nothing prettier than a shiny black car and nothing harder to keep it that way. I would go with the black just for the re-sale issue you have in mind in the near future. My top selling colors for the Phoenix area were 1- WHITE, 2- SILVER and of course, #3- re-sale RED.
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, black is a huge PITA to keep clean but when it is, it's stunning.

It's just back breaking to keep it that way.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:45 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

I had my black 2001 Z06 detailed professionally (by someone that could do it without creating swirl marks) once per quarter for the 18 months I had it in late 2000-2002.

It would look outstanding for a couple of weeks after that.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:45 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

I had my black 2001 Z06 detailed professionally (by someone that could do it without creating swirl marks) once per quarter for the 18 months I had it in late 2000-2002.

It would look outstanding for a couple of weeks after that.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Help me choose - Black '11 or SSB '12?