Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Have I got a couple questions for you! (semi-intro)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 11:17 PM
C6zMyth
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have I got a couple questions for you! (semi-intro)

Hello all, I have a MY09Z Black completely stock and got that love/hate relationship going on with the exterior... Here in West Texas the weather is bi-polar... anyways on to productive matters! Will add pictures soon when I get a chance to wax her, get some tint, and clear bra!

1.Anything I should know and look out for besides the ticking time bomb on the Z? I am about to get GMPP as I am down to 1k miles and currently hit 13k on the odo.

2. Front Drivers fender: The liner is not seating flush against the fender, where as the passenger side is. I am wondering what it is being held by and if its just a matter of pushing the clips back in.

3. Rear Passenger: when I go over a speed bump or uneven ground of some sort, I get some noise like suspension or in general it's making a squealing type noise. Or even sounds like the exhaust is bouncing.

(trying to get an idea before my days off so I can take a look at it.)

Thanks appreciate the comments and support!
Old 07-24-2014, 12:35 AM
mygiftmycurse
Instructor

Congrats on the purchase!

1) Besides the heads/valve issue, there isn't anything else I can think of that requires immediate attention.

2) Maybe post a pic of what liner you are talking about.

3) I have heard some owners complain of a squeaky rear end and they added grease to the zerk fittings on the rear toe ends. Worth looking into.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:03 AM
C6zMyth
Advanced

Originally Posted by mygiftmycurse
Congrats on the purchase!

1) Besides the heads/valve issue, there isn't anything else I can think of that requires immediate attention.

2) Maybe post a pic of what liner you are talking about.

3) I have heard some owners complain of a squeaky rear end and they added grease to the zerk fittings on the rear toe ends. Worth looking into.

Thank you, absolutely love the Z!

I will take a pic tomorrow and post it up. And thanks Ill go ahead and check that out as well this weekend.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:32 PM
C6zMyth
Advanced

Attached is the driver and passenger fender liners. sorry for the dirty pictures (we have had alot of rain during the night at work and couldnt put her in the garage )but thats right now. I am trying to see how to make it flush against the fender again.
Attached Images   
Old 07-24-2014, 10:03 PM
mygiftmycurse
Instructor

Check out this thread. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...rt-or-z06.html

Try to push them in and see if they snap in to place. If not, you will have to dig into it and see how the clips and plastic look.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:18 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Is it loose? Can you move it w/your hand? I almost thought it was normal until I saw the gap twix (between) the liner and fender. Never saw one do that. I'm wondering if any of the plastic fasteners broke loose? They will do that on the nose....
Old 07-24-2014, 10:24 PM
C6zMyth
Advanced

Originally Posted by mygiftmycurse
Check out this thread. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...rt-or-z06.html

Try to push them in and see if they snap in to place. If not, you will have to dig into it and see how the clips and plastic look.
Thank you I will try that tomorrow, Being able to surf the web at work it allows me to prepare for the weekend!

Originally Posted by tim414
Is it loose? Can you move it w/your hand? I almost thought it was normal until I saw the gap twix (between) the liner and fender. Never saw one do that. I'm wondering if any of the plastic fasteners broke loose? They will do that on the nose....
Ill get in there tomorrow, from what I recall, I know we had a bad rain day, and I may have hit an un noticed puddle on the left side. I hope that didnt break any of the clips loose, or if it did I hope its just a clip and nothing is truly wrong.

Get notified of new replies

To Have I got a couple questions for you! (semi-intro)

Quick Reply: [Z06] Have I got a couple questions for you! (semi-intro)