Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] What should it Cost?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 10:57 PM
79inSD
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by American Heritage
How do your track videos prove that a bronze guide is superior to a PM guide, that SS valves is superior to the F2042P valves? There are plenty of track videos on this forum from members running our heads. I believe we even have a member on this forum with a sub 8 second nurburging time with our heads.
Think he was just mentioning the vid, nothing to do with the heads... I always like a good track vid myself!
Old 07-25-2014, 11:44 PM
telly444
Racer

call vengance racing . they will hook you up. don't buy anything without talking to them. also get a CAM while doing heads. rods, ect...

Last edited by telly444; 07-26-2014 at 01:04 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:36 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

All we did was post up a fact: that we had a Z in the shop with wcch heads (bronze guides and SS valves) that failed its wiggle test.
Then you asked me if our guides were superior to other vendors bronze guides (im not sure if it was this thread or another that you asked this). I responded to this by posting that our guides have a hardness of hrc40 and the competitors bronze guide has a hardness of hrc25. This means that our guide is harder than the competitors guide. We feel that this alone makes our hardened PM guide superior.
I see no bashing or bad business tactics in that at all, just posting up our viewpoint. I see that you have an issue with it because it differs from your view point. While i respect your professional opinion in this matter, we feel that you are incorrect and misleading alot of CF member when you consistently tell members to go bronze and solid SS. I wonder why GM didn't use bronze and a heavy SS valves, it most certainly would have been cheaper.
How do your track videos prove that a bronze guide is superior to a PM guide, that SS valves is superior to the F2042P valves? There are plenty of track videos on this forum from members running our heads. I believe we even have a member on this forum with a sub 8 second nurburging time with our heads.
I have a track day tomorrow so I will have hold off on my response right now. I will address all your points and questions.

But I am glad to see you took a chill pill after your tirade earlier today. Yes it was archived.

And I will likely share your recent tactics with the membership. I know during our discussions of our motors and valve trains in the paddock tomorrow, you will be the center of the conversation.

DH
Old 07-26-2014, 12:47 AM
telly444
Racer

alright I need to know if those heads were stamped from WCCH. so now what???? I'm waiting for my heads from wcch should I be going th AH route????? WTF...help help meltdown mode. lol

Last edited by telly444; 07-26-2014 at 01:03 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:21 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

Yes this particular head was engraved near the coolant plug. We have had other bronze guides and ss valve'd head fail the wiggle test from other rebuilders as well. Some were up on the miles and should have been out of spec and some were not. All parts wear out eventually.

I don't see why some are finding this so hard to believe. I am just posting what we know and what we have seen. We don't post based on hype, we post based on what we see and know as a fact (first hand). some owners of vehicles don't like their information shared on a public forum (weather they are member of said public forum or not). We keep our customers information private unless they give us permission to share it. We respect our customers privacy.
telly444: if you already sent your heads out to another rebuilder then please don't stress. The rebuilder you mentioned does very good work and very high quality work, you more than likely will not have anything to worry about any time soon. Sleep easy sir you will be ok.
We are just presenting an alternative to the conventional though process of bronze and solid ss. We are of the new school of though, the school of thought that technology improves, alloys improve and techniques improve.

Last edited by American Heritage; 07-26-2014 at 01:24 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-26-2014, 12:29 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Yes this particular head was engraved near the coolant plug.

Alrighy then. So this was indeed a WCCH head that was reworked Bronze/SS/Dual Spring and out of spec after 20K miles.

Thank you for the info.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:56 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Yep,

And I'd like to tell him: Thank you so very much for the info on the variable and inconsistent valve stem wall thickness of the stock hollow stemmed exhaust valves which he examined, as I am believing that he did in fact inspect a genuine stock LS7 exhaust valve, and I'm not about to call him a liar on that. Wouldn't dream of it, and I believe every word of his findings on the wall stem thickness of the OEM exhaust valves.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:43 AM
ramairws6
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
Yep,

And I'd like to tell him: Thank you so very much for the info on the variable and inconsistent valve stem wall thickness of the stock hollow stemmed exhaust valves which he examined, as I am believing that he did in fact inspect a genuine stock LS7 exhaust valve, and I'm not about to call him a liar on that. Wouldn't dream of it, and I believe every word of his findings on the wall stem thickness of the OEM exhaust valves.

Yup....facts are facts...stock exhaust valves say it all
Old 07-27-2014, 01:20 PM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

in my opinion, American heritage is heres to you guys over there
Old 07-27-2014, 01:24 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by ramairws6
Yup....facts are facts...stock exhaust valves say it all

Indeed they do. 88K miles of hard track use in Howies car even with guide wear and no refreshes. That says it all. Thanks for pointing that out.

Im still looking for those results in a Z06 with SS valves. Do you know where I can find that?
Old 07-27-2014, 06:26 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by propain
Indeed they do. 88K miles of hard track use in Howies car even with guide wear and no refreshes. That says it all. Thanks for pointing that out.

Im still looking for those results in a Z06 with SS valves. Do you know where I can find that?
Well we don't really know for sure if I had guide wear but based on the general tendency for them to be out of spec I would guess your right. But broken spring is possible .....

DH
Old 07-27-2014, 06:31 PM
Mark2009
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
Well we don't really know for sure if I had guide wear but based on the general tendency for them to be out of spec I would guess your right. But broken spring is possible .....
What was it that caused your original engine to blow up?
Old 07-27-2014, 06:34 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie

DH

Yes, in the beginning when these cars were failing many thought a broken spring was the culprit when indeed it was most likely worn guides. But yes, broken spring is always a possibility.

Were you just plain lucky to have lasted that long? Could be. It seems you got a lot out of them before they let go that's for sure considering how few miles others have gone when it let go.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:08 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by NavyAirTraffic
^This is why I went with American Heritage... it all comes down to what you believe after doing YOUR research... is right for YOU, and what allows you to sleep better at night. For me, bronze guides were used in racing application... ran 7000+RPM's for a short while then rebuilt (no real long term data). I chose PM guides for their durability vs bronze. What do I know... but I sleep great at night. Thank Khole!!
Thank you and your very welcome Sir!
Old 08-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by propain
The guy edited the post removing those comments within 1 to 2 minutes of posting. You really are being quite the troll bringing this up Howie.
I understand your position Propain.

I would like to see your response if it was you at the recieving end of those remarks.

My PM and Email were burning up with local members asking why our Corvette Challenge thread which is updated at least twice a month scince 2009 had suddenly been taken down.

Its not just the comments but the actions taken. I have a right to respond.

DH
Old 08-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Lose the hostility and the personal attacks if this thread's going to stay open.

Personal attacks/hostility toward others

The Forum should be a place where we treat one another with civility so that it remains a fun and friendly place to hang around with other Corvette enthusiasts. Hostility to others is rude and inappropriate.

Personal attacks cannot be tolerated. Attack ideas, not fellow Forum members.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...rd-others.html
Old 08-01-2014, 12:11 PM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Yes this particular head was engraved near the coolant plug. We have had other bronze guides and ss valve'd head fail the wiggle test from other rebuilders as well. Some were up on the miles and should have been out of spec and some were not. All parts wear out eventually.
Do you know what size cam was in this z06?

Quick Reply: [Z06] What should it Cost?