Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] God, I need a positive z06 story....this is like watching the news

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 11:02 AM
mgrenwic
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by capevettes
I'm taking my 6 year old grandson out for his first ride in the Z06 today on his birthday. It is a surprise he will never forget.

My 06 Z06 has been the most reliable Corvette I have ever owned and I've had about 30 of them. Just a great car
Never to early to get them addicted...start hiding the keys afterwards!
Old 07-13-2014, 11:07 AM
CrystalRedZ07
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

"nannies" are the traction control, active handling, etc. features that thankfully can be defeated when necessary.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:39 AM
nitrojunky
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

in the past week of driving, i've had:

a bunch of street tough looking teenage dudes walking back from a basketball game give me a thumbs up while i was rolling thru their hood, a couple little kids shout that they like my car from their yard, and a granddad point to the Z explain to his toddler what it was while i was rolling thru a grocery store parking lot. and a guy at work tell me that he liked my shirt (NIN shirt from a concert) when i passed him in the stairs and when i got to my parking spot (he was parked next to me in the 'dungeon' where the cool cars congregate) tell me he liked my car better. i bought the car to drive it and because i like it, but it brings a ton of very positive attention.

also, there is the wickedness of actually driving it.

Last edited by nitrojunky; 07-13-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

A Z06 has the potential to be the most raw, unbridled sports car you'll ever drive. If you enjoy people pointing, looking, giving thumbs ups, and unnecessary attention from older, attractive and/or married women at the local shopping malls then you'll enjoy time spent behind the wheel.

If you enjoy going under the radar or wish to maintain low levels of testosterone then opt out now.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:08 PM
Jasonoff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To the OP. It's only a 2-3k "fix" if it needs to be addressed. It's not even a big deal to be honest.

Just fire the cost into your budget and don't worry about it.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:14 PM
carpe dm
Le Mans Master

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by markzeronine
My z is the most enjoyable car I've ever owned! Can't get much more positive than that.
Best Corvette we have had; smile-a-mile car.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:24 PM
DON T.
Drifting

2nd time iv told this, On fathers day last year, i did a slight slide out as i turned out of my neighborhood.Then i see a bad sight in my rearview. Low and behold a city cruiser is at warp speed to nail me and my Z. I pull over in a safe area for all traffic to see. I can just see them( hahaha corvette snob speeding) well, as i watch my drivers side mirror i see this bombshell brunette officer start toward my door. I figure iv only got a second to try and defuse this!! Just as she lowers herself down to my window, i look up at her and say this. Driving like a dummy officer!! and im sorry. She looks at me with this killer smile and says to me. Yes you were! Big boys and there toys!!!! And let me go.......... needless to say i chilled out the rest of the day. FATHERS DAY
Old 07-13-2014, 12:29 PM
mgrenwic
Instructor

Originally Posted by DON T.
2nd time iv told this, On fathers day last year, i did a slight slide out as i turned out of my neighborhood.Then i see a bad sight in my rearview. Low and behold a city cruiser is at warp speed to nail me and my Z. I pull over in a safe area for all traffic to see. I can just see them( hahaha corvette snob speeding) well, as i watch my drivers side mirror i see this bombshell brunette officer start toward my door. I figure iv only got a second to try and defuse this!! Just as she lowers herself down to my window, i look up at her and say this. Driving like a dummy officer!! and im sorry. She looks at me with this killer smile and says to me. Yes you were! Big boys and there toys!!!! And let me go.......... needless to say i chilled out the rest of the day. FATHERS DAY
I think you won with this post....I could see it so clear in my head!
Awesome.
I do something similar, thats gotten my out of 2 tickets.
Right when they walk up I say "You got me...I did it..."
I think cops like the instant honesty.

Thanks for all the posts guys.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:59 PM
oicw
Racer

Hell, you don't need to "roast" anyone to perfectly enjoy a Z!

I take every curve I find, when no one is around, in a spirited manner. Blipping the throttle as you heel-tow into the corner, the LS7 clearing its throat, and then finding that perfect traction point with your right foot, as that well balanced chassis rockets you out of the corner, followup by the roar of the big-smallblock, puts a smile on me EVERY TIME!

How many cars within this price range has carbon fiber fenders, roof panel, floor board, and a magnesium front sub frame? That's supercar standards in 2005, and still a serious contender even today.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:02 PM
briancb1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I pull up to stop lights, time stops for me.

All eyes are on the Vette that looks like it should be in the staging lanes.

Mustang? Sorry I see them every 15 seconds - some 20yo chick is driving a V6 variant to dilute the rarity of the car.

The car is pure bad-*** like classic Clint Eastwood and Schwarzenegger rolled into one slick ride.

This car is it. Powerful. Raw. Obtainable.

I love getting in it and allowing my right foot to fold time.

What else do you need to know????
Old 07-13-2014, 02:07 PM
mgrenwic
Instructor

Originally Posted by briancb1
I love getting in it and allowing my right foot to fold time.

Nice line, well put.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:08 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

How about this? Pulled out on the track just after two Ferrari Cup cars went by at full song. As I came out of T3 and accelerated around T4 and up the back straight I could see them entering the next turn about a half mile ahead. After two more turns I came around the turn and saw them waiting for a passing signal to get by an M3. By the time I got to the M3 he just waved me by and they were about a quarter mile ahead. A couple more turns and they were on the front straight as I exited Turn 11 and accelerated to catch them. I caught the first one at the end of the front straight and he gave me a late pass into Turn 1. As I caught up with the first one it was too late to pass as we were going up through the Esses and onto the back straight again. He was trying to stay ahead of me but as we got to the entry to the bus stop with both our speeds hovering around 155 mph he gave me a passing signal right at the 600 ft mark. I dove inside of him held the throttle for a couple of ticks, hit the brakes hard sailed into the bus stop with him a few feet behind me, hit the throttle to exit and ran away from him. All with a car that cost less than half of his.

That is why you buy these cars.

Bill
Old 07-13-2014, 02:34 PM
Rupert pupkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigterpsfan
Just get one and make it sound like this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1YPS5392US0

That is a iPhone video as well
Sounds slow.... I'm jk. Good sh**

OP. You'll feel like superman everytime you get in...bc. RACECAR!!
Old 07-13-2014, 04:31 PM
kenw
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
How about this? Pulled out on the track just after two Ferrari Cup cars went by at full song. As I came out of T3 and accelerated around T4 and up the back straight I could see them entering the next turn about a half mile ahead. After two more turns I came around the turn and saw them waiting for a passing signal to get by an M3. By the time I got to the M3 he just waved me by and they were about a quarter mile ahead. A couple more turns and they were on the front straight as I exited Turn 11 and accelerated to catch them. I caught the first one at the end of the front straight and he gave me a late pass into Turn 1. As I caught up with the first one it was too late to pass as we were going up through the Esses and onto the back straight again. He was trying to stay ahead of me but as we got to the entry to the bus stop with both our speeds hovering around 155 mph he gave me a passing signal right at the 600 ft mark. I dove inside of him held the throttle for a couple of ticks, hit the brakes hard sailed into the bus stop with him a few feet behind me, hit the throttle to exit and ran away from him. All with a car that cost less than half of his.

That is why you buy these cars.

Bill

Great story, Bill
Old 07-13-2014, 04:44 PM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

its only approx. $2000- $2500 dollars to fix it, and that's only if it needs it. not a big deal at all, whats worse is all the whining about it.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:38 PM
RobsVette04
Burning Brakes

Received 556 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasonoff
To the OP. It's only a 2-3k "fix" if it needs to be addressed. It's not even a big deal to be honest.

Just fire the cost into your budget and don't worry about it.
This
Old 07-13-2014, 05:38 PM
RobsVette04
Burning Brakes

Received 556 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by erikszr1
its only approx. $2000- $2500 dollars to fix it, and that's only if it needs it. not a big deal at all, whats worse is all the whining about it.
This too

Get notified of new replies

To God, I need a positive z06 story....this is like watching the news

Old 07-13-2014, 05:49 PM
intheboost
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't have one story, but I can say that the Z puts a smile on my face when...

...I turn off the radio to listen to the open Fusion exhaust
...I pull 1.1g's + in a corner
...I hit 60mph in 1st gear
...my neighbor (who knows that I have a Z06) sees me driving the car and asks "When did you get a new C7?"
...doing a highway pull with a buddy in a 585whp CTS-V
...I get random thumbs up and waves while driving
...the LS7 just asks for more after 100mph
...I try to use the navigation, then stop, then pick up my phone
Old 07-13-2014, 05:59 PM
mgrenwic
Instructor

Originally Posted by intheboost
...the LS7 just asks for more after 100mph
This got my heart racing a bit...could see it

...I try to use the navigation, then stop, then pick up my phone
This made me laugh, that NAV looks like something from fisher price...seriously GM?
Old 07-13-2014, 06:10 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,551 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by mgrenwic
Never to early to get them addicted...start hiding the keys afterwards!
He absolutely loved the ride. Did a couple of strong pulls and went through some twisties. He had a big grin on his face and talked about it all day. I don't think he will soon forget it.

Quick Reply: [Z06] God, I need a positive z06 story....this is like watching the news