Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] My HCI Build at Horsepower Addicts, DE

Old 05-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Les-10
Bow-Tie Guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Default My HCI Build at Horsepower Addicts, DE

1) Decided to take action wrt exh valve/guide issue on my 24K 08Z & contacted Josh at Horsepower Addicts for solutions & pricing. Had multiple phonecons and found him to be very knowledgeable & eager to answer all questions. Wanting to boost performance and street presence (cam lope and exhaust note) as well as peace of mind we settled on an approach modifying heads (REV SS valves, BTR dual spring kit, bronze guides, milling .030") adding a Torquer 110 cam, GM lifters, installing 1-7/8" ARH longtube headers w/catted x-pipe, Halltech mf-103 w/Beehive CAI and dyno tune.
2) Josh gave me an itemized quote before starting, scheduled my car wrt to his workload & returned it when promised. The work was done in a meticulous (I am picky) & professional manner. Car was kept indoors for the entire stay ☺. Shop is immaculate.
3) While not trying to build a race car but a fun driver, the car is a Beast with UNREAL bottom end, a nasty exhaust lope & great driveability manners to boot. Dynoed @530.56 rwhp & 491.3 tq. I am very pleased with every aspect of my involvement with HPA!!
Old 05-01-2014, 12:32 PM
VetteNinja69
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my Z in there for the same thing except no long tube headers and I went the OEM psi spring route. I heard very good things about HPA. I can't wait. congrats on the new power.
Originally Posted by Les-10
1) Decided to take action wrt exh valve/guide issue on my 24K 08Z & contacted Josh at Horsepower Addicts for solutions & pricing. Had multiple phonecons and found him to be very knowledgeable & eager to answer all questions. Wanting to boost performance and street presence (cam lope and exhaust note) as well as peace of mind we settled on an approach modifying heads (REV SS valves, BTR dual spring kit, bronze guides, milling .030") adding a Torquer 110 cam, GM lifters, installing 1-7/8" ARH longtube headers w/catted x-pipe, Halltech mf-103 w/Beehive CAI and dyno tune.
2) Josh gave me an itemized quote before starting, scheduled my car wrt to his workload & returned it when promised. The work was done in a meticulous (I am picky) & professional manner. Car was kept indoors for the entire stay ☺. Shop is immaculate.
3) While not trying to build a race car but a fun driver, the car is a Beast with UNREAL bottom end, a nasty exhaust lope & great driveability manners to boot. Dynoed @530.56 rwhp & 491.3 tq. I am very pleased with every aspect of my involvement with HPA!!
Old 05-01-2014, 01:43 PM
Les-10
Bow-Tie Guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Nolimit510
my Z in there for the same thing except no long tube headers and I went the OEM psi spring route. I heard very good things about HPA. I can't wait. congrats on the new power.
Yeah, Josh & Steve are the best in my book. They are 200+ miles from my house but well worth the drive.

OK, I'm not up on the OEM psi spring. What is that?
Old 05-01-2014, 01:46 PM
BlownZ0six
Intermediate

Congrats!!!

Josh dose great work and is very honest. Plus he gets the job done in a reasonable amount of time. I had my car in his shop a few months ago for the heads and cam package. My car made 680whp on 7psi. I will be back this month for a new RXT twin disk.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:50 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Mine is done the same except the headers are Kooks.

Congrats.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:53 PM
VetteNinja69
Advanced

I wasn't very clear before. I went OEM exhaust valves , bronze guides, with psi beehive springs. I wish I had the funds for the intake and headers but I needed tires as well. I drove 150 miles also.
Yeah, Josh & Steve are the best in my book. They are 200+ miles from my house but well worth the drive.

OK, I'm not up on the OEM psi spring. What is that?
Old 05-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Property1
Instructor

Another thumbs up for Josh at HPA. Best prices in the area.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:35 PM
DaOtherOne
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Property1
Another thumbs up for Josh at HPA. Best prices in the area.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:45 PM
x88
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Nice, I just got mine back from ECS with the same cam and CAI, only diff is I have Kooks, no cats, and WCCH stage 2 (which are basically ported/milled/polished stock heads plus the "weak parts" replaced) and made 540/512
Torquer 110 is one hell of a beast
Old 05-01-2014, 07:01 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Ruski_Driver
Nice, I just got mine back from ECS with the same cam and CAI, only diff is I have Kooks, no cats, and WCCH stage 2 (which are basically ported/milled/polished stock heads plus the "weak parts" replaced) and made 540/512
Torquer 110 is one hell of a beast
Congrats Ruski Driver.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:31 PM
ProEFI
Supremacy 1 car at a time
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

congratulations for both of you guys and looking forward for the numbers.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:23 PM
0HorsePowerAddicts
Former Vendor

Received 166 Likes on 118 Posts

Glad you are happy with everything. Your have a great looking Z06.

Thanks everyone.

If anyone needs anything give us a call or email.

Josh
(302)838-2188
horsepoweraddicts@gmail.com
Old 05-03-2014, 10:40 PM
Les-10
Bow-Tie Guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Nolimit510
I wasn't very clear before. I went OEM exhaust valves , bronze guides, with psi beehive springs. I wish I had the funds for the intake and headers but I needed tires as well. I drove 150 miles also.
OK, I got it. Thanks, Keep us posted.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:53 PM
C6z06man
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Heard nothing but good things from those guys up there.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:43 PM
vel525
Navigator

Originally Posted by HorsePowerAddicts
Glad you are happy with everything. Your have a great looking Z06.

Thanks everyone.

If anyone needs anything give us a call or email.

Josh
(302)838-2188
horsepoweraddicts@gmail.com
Sorry to hijack the thread, but have been trying to get a hold of you Josh and saw this is a recent thread. This is Victor, can you please give me a call back regarding my car? Thanks.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:55 PM
kenw
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

Great numbers and I KNOW your happy with the way the car drives. Finished a similar build about 6 weeks ago, the car was a beast, now its just insane.

Get notified of new replies

To My HCI Build at Horsepower Addicts, DE

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] My HCI Build at Horsepower Addicts, DE