Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] call me crazy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 02:45 AM
Adam_W
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sublime1996525
The C7 looks good in certain colors and from certain angles. I don't like how they tacked on all the stuff for the C7Z. Looks way too busy. My opinion may change when I see it in person though.
That ugly rear end won't look busy for long as it gets smaller and smaller in front of me in my C6Z in WOT.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:09 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by jerseydrew
i finally saw a c7 in person and gotta tell you i don't love it. i like the lines of the c6 z06/zr1 better.
Originally Posted by LFZ
You are crazy for having to start a thread about something we all are already well aware of....:facepalm:
Originally Posted by wldZ06
"The C5 is better looking than the C6"... said No one ever!
Originally Posted by LanceFitzgiben
Same boat here: C6Z grabbed me immediately. I have to reserve final judgement until I see it in the flesh, but it doesn't look like the C7 wears its wide body as well as the C6.
Originally Posted by propain
I am feeling the same... but it goes like this for me...

Coming at me.... oh nice a C7.... from the side.... Sweeeet.... as it passes and you see the rear.... awwwwwww....

The back is just plain old fugly... the definitely dropped the ball on the back.
Originally Posted by 3LZZ06
I think the C7 is okay...

I absolutely wouldn't trade my C6 ZR1 for one even if GM came out with "the rumored" 750hp TT'ed C7 ZR1.

The styling of the C7 just don't grab me enough to take the obvious technology/performance jump.

Now when the C6Z came out, I owned a C5Z and just had to have the C6Z (so I bought one)...

Not the case this time with the C7Z.

I could have written any of the above posts just more poorly.

There is a lot of things going on with the design of the new C7 Z06 - harmony is not one of them.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:12 AM
Bad_AX
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirohawa

I could have written any of the above posts just more poorly.

There is a lot of things going on with the design of the new C7 Z06 - harmony is not one of them.
I pretty much got my teeth kicked in for pointing this out in another thread, but Ferrari 458 Speciale does a spectacular job of bringing harmony to advanced aero. The argument is that if GM could charge >$300K for the C7 C06 then it could look better. I don't accept that a beautifully styled car has to be grossly expensive.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:46 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad_AX
I pretty much got my teeth kicked in for pointing this out in another thread, but Ferrari 458 Speciale does a spectacular job of bringing harmony to advanced aero. The argument is that if GM could charge >$300K for the C7 C06 then it could look better. I don't accept that a beautifully styled car has to be grossly expensive.
Plus they already proved that they can cobble it together properly with the C6 Z06 and ZR1. They purposely did the "hey look at me design" by their own admission.

To my eyes it is not young and fresh as it is copying fads and trends started over a decade ago by bored kids with Hondas, Camrys and Nissan Sentras.

Big Clunky Wing, Black Wheels and Clear tail lights - Really cutting edge - in 2002. Not so much today.

Quick Reply: [Z06] call me crazy!!!