Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Black Headlights w/Halos and Gloss Black Duct Inserts

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 11:46 AM
boost2na
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LFZ
You NEED to get rid of those chrome wheels....that is your mission in life from now on.
Roger that. They kind of look like Master P's teeth on a well dressed businessman.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:55 AM
dapopa9
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

If you don't like the Chrome wheels just Plasti-dip them. Will only cost about $40 and you can do it in 1 day. Easy job and will look goood.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:32 PM
Rubn1out4GudLuk
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boost2na
You read my mind! Thanks for this. I was literally about to start searching for badges that are a little darker. Perfect option, never even thought about tint.
Yup, same film tint people use on their taillights or side markers works just fine. If you don't like it or want to go darker/lighter it comes right off.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Rubn1out4GudLuk
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boost2na
Roger that. They kind of look like Master P's teeth on a well dressed businessman.

Pic reminds me of Paul Wall, lol
Old 04-18-2014, 09:53 PM
racerx3317
Drifting

Received 207 Likes on 161 Posts

How hard is it to replace the duct inserts? Mine are in good shape, maybe I can paint them gloss black myself. Hmmmmmm.....
Old 04-19-2014, 12:41 PM
boost2na
Racer

Originally Posted by dapopa9
If you don't like the Chrome wheels just Plasti-dip them. Will only cost about $40 and you can do it in 1 day. Easy job and will look goood.
Thanks for the tip. I'm looking for something a little more permanent though. I'm obsessive compulsive, stubborn, and really picky.
I love the machine face/comp gray cup wheels because the faces have just a little shine and the barrels are a perfect gray (darker than the red paint but lighter than the black accents). I'm trying to set it up so that any one thing (wheel, trim, spoiler, etc) doesn't jump out, but when I look at it closely I can see there's definitely something different about it. If that makes any sense.

Originally Posted by Rubn1out4GudLuk
Yup, same film tint people use on their taillights or side markers works just fine. If you don't like it or want to go darker/lighter it comes right off.
Thanks! I do have custom tinted Eagle Eye LED tails; tinted to match the darker red color of the OEM tails. I have a bunch of stuff not shown here (gloss black LED spoiler too).

Originally Posted by Rubn1out4GudLuk
Pic reminds me of Paul Wall, lol

Originally Posted by racerx3317
How hard is it to replace the duct inserts? Mine are in good shape, maybe I can paint them gloss black myself. Hmmmmmm.....
Fronts are easy with a non-scratch trim removal kit. Rears were making me a little nervous because they're in there really tight so one of my mechanic friends did them with his tools. But I'm sure a lot of you guys have more skills than I do. I'm teaching myself engine work - I can get down to the cylinder heads on a C6 LS motor, gonna take it further this summer. I'm a brute though, with stuff like trim if I'm not patient I'll break it real fast.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:56 AM
American Hydrocarbon

Duct inserts look very good on that car.....
Old 04-25-2014, 07:43 PM
American Hydrocarbon

Custom Colors available too!
Old 04-25-2014, 11:03 PM
boost2na
Racer

Originally Posted by American Hydrocarbon
Duct inserts look very good on that car.....
Thanks! You did a great job.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Black Headlights w/Halos and Gloss Black Duct Inserts