Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 06:02 AM
ProEFI
Supremacy 1 car at a time
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default coilovers

looking to upgrade and get rid of the stock shocks/leafsprings and go with coil overs.

I would love to know which company is petter and which type should I go with the car is street car. not a drag

if possible update me with your z06 photos to see how its looks like
Old 04-17-2014, 09:06 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I like LG coilovers. How it looks will depend where the owner sets them. You can slam them or not so asking for a picture is kind of silly.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:34 AM
ProEFI
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Unreal
I like LG coilovers. How it looks will depend where the owner sets them. You can slam them or not so asking for a picture is kind of silly.
PFADT was in mind cause vengeance selling them not sure if they can get the LG, and I won't hold the shipment anymore.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:32 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Pfadt is out of business so you can't get them. You might be able to find a used set. I know several people with 1 leaking shock so if you could buy 3 good coilovers from each of them you could have 2 spares for when the others leak. Or you can get the LGs and have a better performing coilover.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:30 PM
ProEFI
Support Corvetteforum!

Pfadt is out of business so you can't get them. You might be able to find a used set. I know several people with 1 leaking shock so if you could buy 3 good coilovers from each of them you could have 2 spares for when the others leak. Or you can get the LGs and have a better performing coilover.
ohh I see, I hate buying used items so I'll go with LG's thanks.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:33 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would look at either LG's or DRM's. Both are vendors of the board, and have good support and products.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:38 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

RideTech...

100% American made and have been in the suspension game for a long time.

Shocks are made by Fox
Springs are made by Hypercoil

Highest quality I have seen yet for coil overs. Not to mention they are backed by RideTech's 1,000,000 mile warranty, basically lifetime, Im not aware of ANY other company offering that on coilovers.

They recently brought these to market for the corvettes. East Coast Supercharging was one of the first to have them as well as me to test them and give my review on them.

Anyone that knows me (anyone who hangs out in the forced induction sections) knows I am extremely opinionated and hard to impress. These things are solid, american made, build by reputable companies and backed by one hell of a warranty.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:52 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Yep Ridetech is another great option and shows great promise. Just haven't seen many results from them yet.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:18 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Old 04-17-2014, 03:37 PM
ProEFI
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by LFZ
wasn't that not Convincing enough.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:25 PM
morris
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

LG I have used both types that they make and was extremely satisfied with both the GT2 and the G2, I would also add the Swaybars while your at it. That combination of change makes a night and day difference to the car. I had one shock broken by a clown that was working on the car and they bent over backward to help me out by overnightning me a replacement unit and waited for me to get it then pull the bad one off the car to send it back to them. Service after the sale is top notch.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:39 PM
ProEFI
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by morris
LG I have used both types that they make and was extremely satisfied with both the GT2 and the G2, I would also add the Swaybars while your at it. That combination of change makes a night and day difference to the car. I had one shock broken by a clown that was working on the car and they bent over backward to help me out by overnightning me a replacement unit and waited for me to get it then pull the bad one off the car to send it back to them. Service after the sale is top notch.
I got the GT2 can't wait until the shipment arrive

Get notified of new replies

To coilovers

Quick Reply: [Z06] coilovers