Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 Heads/Cam Results CMS

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 08:50 PM
blackbelt
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Z06 Heads/Cam Results CMS

First have to apologize for taking so long to post this. (Been driving my new beast a lot!)

Yesterday Morning I got my 06 Z06 back from CMS. I dropped it the previous week on Thursday for Heads, Cam, Headers, Fuel system and tune. I purchased the car in December and shortly there after started talking to Ryne about some mods I had in mind.

I cannot begin to express my gratitude to Ryne for his work in specing a cam for me as I probably changed my mind 5 times with what I wanted. Initially I wanted a small cam, stock exhaust manifold etc and worked my way up to my set up now. Ryne took care of everything and literally after years and years of being in this game this is the MOST amazing experience I have ever had modifying a car. (this is my 3rd Vette and been through several different and horrible experiences) My current Vette and all to follow will only be touched by CMS.

Not only was Ryne great but Mike his tech was amazing. I even got a pic on my motor done sent to me by Mike when he had finished it! ( I don't think that's typical but it made me happy! I think Mike just has a thing for me... )

The mods are as follows:

Cms custom spec cam (aggressive)
Wcch stage 2 heads
Fast 102 intake (unported)
stock throttle body,
blackwing air intake
Arh headers
stock rear section
e85, Walbro 267 e85 pump, and FIC 850's....

Needless to say car is a whole new beast! Drives great! Pulls like a freight train and turns heads everywhere!

Made 597 rwhp 520 rwtq on CMS mustang dyno. Ryne says she still has about 15-20 rwhp left in her with FAST manifold porting and a better intake (we both agree the Black wing is not up to the task) can't wait to get the Halltech 107 on her with some porting on the FAST.

THANK YOU Ryne and CMS!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:00 PM
ian08
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

congrats solid numbers she sounds good
Old 03-19-2014, 10:58 PM
427ZM
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Great numbers! I'd love to know how big that bump stick is!
Old 03-19-2014, 11:12 PM
TT32VGT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice sir, esp for a mustang dyno. big cam, ive got a big cam, prob not quite as big as yours but i love the sound..

what did they rev to? seemed really high for some reason?
Old 03-20-2014, 12:07 AM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbelt
First have to apologize for taking so long to post this. (Been driving my new beast a lot!)

Yesterday Morning I got my 06 Z06 back from CMS. I dropped it the previous week on Thursday for Heads, Cam, Headers, Fuel system and tune. I purchased the car in December and shortly there after started talking to Ryne about some mods I had in mind.

I cannot begin to express my gratitude to Ryne for his work in specing a cam for me as I probably changed my mind 5 times with what I wanted. Initially I wanted a small cam, stock exhaust manifold etc and worked my way up to my set up now. Ryne took care of everything and literally after years and years of being in this game this is the MOST amazing experience I have ever had modifying a car. (this is my 3rd Vette and been through several different and horrible experiences) My current Vette and all to follow will only be touched by CMS.

Not only was Ryne great but Mike his tech was amazing. I even got a pic on my motor done sent to me by Mike when he had finished it! ( I don't think that's typical but it made me happy! I think Mike just has a thing for me... )

The mods are as follows:

Cms custom spec cam (aggressive)
Wcch stage 2 heads
Fast 102 intake (unported)
stock throttle body,
blackwing air intake
Arh headers
stock rear section
e85, Walbro 267 e85 pump, and FIC 850's....

Needless to say car is a whole new beast! Drives great! Pulls like a freight train and turns heads everywhere!

Cms built 06 c6 z06 - YouTube

Made 597 rwhp 520 rwtq on CMS mustang dyno. Ryne says she still has about 15-20 rwhp left in her with FAST manifold porting and a better intake (we both agree the Black wing is not up to the task) can't wait to get the Halltech 107 on her with some porting on the FAST.

THANK YOU Ryne and CMS!
Glad you're happy, made more power then I thought with the two limiting factors.. I love how quiet the valve train is, I think I will be using these different lobes more often...

Originally Posted by TT32VGT
very nice sir, esp for a mustang dyno. big cam, ive got a big cam, prob not quite as big as yours but i love the sound..

what did they rev to? seemed really high for some reason?
The cam has 26 degrees of overlap and .650 lift with a 1.8 rocker.. I spec'ed this to have a little flatter power curve as he plans on road racing the car, opt'ed out of running a lot intake advance in favor of a tighter lsa.. Peak power was at 6700 rpm, hangs the power nearly flat to the 7300 rpm limiter...
Old 03-20-2014, 02:06 AM
Kb04cobra
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome setup. Enjoy
Old 03-20-2014, 10:58 AM
camONLYls1
Racer

Ryne-

Solid power! Especially for a Mustangdyno. Nice job!

I'm curious why you or the OP decided to use the Walbro267 over the walbro450?
Old 03-20-2014, 12:00 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I am also curious as to why the larger 450lph wasn't used so he has room to grow later on. Maybe this is being used in conjunction with the stock pump?

I'm assuming you had some milling done at WCCH while the heads were there?

Awesome power
Old 03-20-2014, 12:18 PM
blackbelt
Drifting

Heads were milled. Ryne has all the specs on that as well as fuel system selection.

Love the way this thing pulls!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:19 PM
blacktavert
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also curious why not the 450LPH walbro

sounds great and good numbers

Are you running just E85 or a flexfuel set up ?
Old 03-20-2014, 12:58 PM
blackbelt
Drifting

E85 for the moment. We may be doing the Flex Fuel down the road.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:02 PM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

Awesome numbers man! Ryne and his guys do great work.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:15 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Flex fuel may not be an option depending on how much your heads were milled.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:25 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by camONLYls1
Ryne-

Solid power! Especially for a Mustangdyno. Nice job!

I'm curious why you or the OP decided to use the Walbro267 over the walbro450?
Originally Posted by EX1
I am also curious as to why the larger 450lph wasn't used so he has room to grow later on. Maybe this is being used in conjunction with the stock pump?

I'm assuming you had some milling done at WCCH while the heads were there?

Awesome power
we physically remove the stock pump out of the bucket and install the walbro 267 e85 compatible pump. Dimensionally they are the same and the pump literally drops in with little modification. We have been running e85 out here for a while and we decided to move to this pump for two reasons a) on the higher NA hp cars on e85 we have pressure dropping issues and needed to install Boost a pumps when running the stock pump. once we add the higher volume walbro 267, no need for a Boost a pump, simplifies things. b) some people say the stock pump is fine on e85, we have found that to be false, as we've had numerous failures within 3-6 months of running e85 on the stock pump. In addition we add an auxiliary stainless steel inline filter as we have had the injectors gunked up with black gunk, I do not think the OEM filter is good enough inside the sending unit. with all these changes we have had great reliability . In addition this car is still a candidate from flex fuel, even though the compression is slightly over 12.1, with soft timing and a slightly more rich commanded afr it will run fine on pump gas. once the ethanol content reaches 70+ % we'll switch it into alcohol fueling and timing.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:43 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
we physically remove the stock pump out of the bucket and install the walbro 267 e85 compatible pump. Dimensionally they are the same and the pump literally drops in with little modification. We have been running e85 out here for a while and we decided to move to this pump for two reasons a) on the higher NA hp cars on e85 we have pressure dropping issues and needed to install Boost a pumps when running the stock pump. once we add the higher volume walbro 267, no need for a Boost a pump, simplifies things. b) some people say the stock pump is fine on e85, we have found that to be false, as we've had numerous failures within 3-6 months of running e85 on the stock pump. In addition we add an auxiliary stainless steel inline filter as we have had the injectors gunked up with black gunk, I do not think the OEM filter is good enough inside the sending unit. with all these changes we have had great reliability . In addition this car is still a candidate from flex fuel, even though the compression is slightly over 12.1, with soft timing and a slightly more rich commanded afr it will run fine on pump gas. once the ethanol content reaches 70+ % we'll switch it into alcohol fueling and timing.
I have had the same expierences. Stock Z pumps do not last long sitting in ethanol. I too went for an external aftermarket fuel filter. Why are you not using the 450lph pump though? Many, myself included, opted for this pump.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:53 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by EX1
I have had the same expierences. Stock Z pumps do not last long sitting in ethanol. I too went for an external aftermarket fuel filter. Why are you not using the 450lph pump though? Many, myself included, opted for this pump.
I think you're a little confused... the walbro 267 pump is the 450 LPH pump... "267" or "f90000267" is the part number, 450 LPH is the fuel pump volume... so we are talking about one and the same pump...
Old 03-20-2014, 01:58 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
I think you're a little confused... the walbro 267 pump is the 450 LPH pump... "267" or "f90000267" is the part number, 450 LPH is the fuel pump volume... so we are talking about one and the same pump...
ha! I wasn't aware of the part number. Usually people just reference the Walbros by the LPH and not the actual pump volume lol.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Heads/Cam Results CMS

Old 03-20-2014, 03:50 PM
blackbelt
Drifting

which ever way they reference it Im glad to have it! and an awesome shop like CMS to guide me!
Old 03-20-2014, 04:15 PM
camONLYls1
Racer

Ahhh okay. I didn't know what the part number was. Thanks for clarifying!
Old 03-21-2014, 01:29 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Solid numbers

I may have to give Ryne a call down the road after I trade up to a C6Z

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 Heads/Cam Results CMS