Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Parking your Z

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 02:20 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Originally Posted by QUAKEJAKE
The same principal I use accept I've had great luck parking "against" the carriage coral. Leaves plenty of room on the other side and keeps on side "protected".
I'd be afraid to park anywhere near one of those. Have you seen what the unwashed masses do with their carts? I've seen lazy jerks push a cart from 20 (or more) feet away in the general direction of the opening, hoping it will "score." Then, they don't even chase it down when it obviously won't make it in. They just snicker as it rolls free to do damage wherever it ends up.

lisa
Old 02-20-2014, 09:27 PM
bladex10
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

I must be one of of those that likes to park in with the crowd, Parking wayyyyy out in the back of the lot is just having your car scream "HEY LOOK AT ME OVER HERE WAITING TO GET KEYED!!", Especially if youre taking up more than 1 spot. Plus there is not as many people way out in the back of the lot so people wont be able to see anything that happens out there.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:38 AM
JwT
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bladex10
I must be one of of those that likes to park in with the crowd, Parking wayyyyy out in the back of the lot is just having your car scream "HEY LOOK AT ME OVER HERE WAITING TO GET KEYED!!", Especially if youre taking up more than 1 spot. Plus there is not as many people way out in the back of the lot so people wont be able to see anything that happens out there.
Well that could happen, but most large parking lots use camera surveillance so it's not likely. Easier for someone to key your car in a bunch. I also grab carts by the far edges. In a recent test done by a independent lab at a well known chain store 89% of all the shopping carts had fecal material on the handle......
Old 02-21-2014, 10:16 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by JwT
Well that could happen, but most large parking lots use camera surveillance so it's not likely. Easier for someone to key your car in a bunch. I also grab carts by the far edges. In a recent test done by a independent lab at a well known chain store 89% of all the shopping carts had fecal material on the handle......
I'm gonna guess Walmart...on the rare occasions I've had to go there; most of the folks I've seen in there look like they could very easily be covered in sh*t.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:55 AM
Undy
Safety Car

Received 1,095 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by JwT
Originally Posted by MTPZ06
I'm gonna guess Walmart...on the rare occasions I've had to go there; most of the folks I've seen in there look like they could very easily be covered in sh*t.
Just think when mama puts her $800 designer handbag in the top basket too, where junior's full diapers squeezed a healthy dose of excrement the day before. NASTY!

I told the wife about all this and she now's going to carry a plastic bag to put under her purse and some hand sanitizer to wipe the handle when she shops.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:10 PM
sp330
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

If I see a nice car parked far away and I'm in my daily driver I always park next to them so the mean people think: "Oh good someone already taught that guy a lesson."

But I can't be everywhere at once! So please just park with the others. Unless you're at Costco. In which case any place there is dangerous.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:01 AM
Ensoniq
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This guy

Old 04-18-2014, 05:23 PM
UmCanesZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

For Christs sake, its just a car. I will park anywhere.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:02 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by AZDANZ06
I being a new Z06 Owner have turned into a dick when parking the car, I park so far away from everyone and take up two spots so I can keep this car pretty forever. I even select Hotels we stay in on road trips based upon parking and security on the grounds, this Z has turned me into a different person
Wait til you park out in "no mans Land" and come to find a multi color 92 accord sitting next to you and you cant get the door open .

Clif
Old 04-18-2014, 06:11 PM
moose.b3
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by UmCanesZ06
A Toyota is just a car, so is a Honda or almost every other car made. But to a lot of us the Corvette (especially a Z06) is NOT just a car. Many of us had to save for some time to be able purchase the Corvette we wanted and we want to keep it as nice as we can. That is why a lot of us park out in the boonies, to keep it away from the people who think "its just a car".
Old 04-18-2014, 06:16 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Before I park the Z anywhere, I normally use a leaf blower and blow out the surface I am about to park on. If it doesn't come clean enough, I find another place to park. If the second spot is too dirty, I will shop elsewhere or just go back home and swap out for the Yukon. Usually takes me no longer than 2 hours to find a parking spot worthy of the Z, but when I do, I can shop for hours in confidence. Especially with the police tape and outline chalk surrounding the Z stating "Crime Scene - Do Not Cross."

Works like a charm if you have a sparing 2 hours to kill each time you decide to move the Vette from one place to another. If not, you're missing out shopping with confidence.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:21 PM
UmCanesZ06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by moose.b3
A Toyota is just a car, so is a Honda or almost every other car made. But to a lot of us the Corvette (especially a Z06) is NOT just a car. Many of us had to save for some time to be able purchase the Corvette we wanted and we want to keep it as nice as we can. That is why a lot of us park out in the boonies, to keep it away from the people who think "its just a car".
A lot of people probably had to save for sometime to buy a Toyota or a Honda too. And that may be their dream car. Just like your Z06 is your dream car to you, some guy on a ferrari board is talking about a Z06 like you talk about Toyotas and hondas But at the end of the day its just a car.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:26 PM
Mark Wade
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are lucky in one respect your car parks are massive compared to ours here in new zealand i just dont go near our shopping malls , our Z is never out of my site as you can appreciate if they are rare in the usa imagine how rare they are down here , but i must admit im pretty jittery when parking especially backing , after reading this thread its obviuos careless uncaring people everywhere.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:06 PM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by UmCanesZ06
A Pagani is just a car too ($2,000,000+ worth)...

The point is, a Z is an expensive toy for most of it's owners as a Pagani would be for some, so many people are very cautious with their precious purchase.

I'm pretty cautious with my ZR1. It's not a Pagani but it's "my" Pagani...

Old 04-18-2014, 08:45 PM
sting ya
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont have a flaw on my z, so i wont park it at certain places. unfortunately, because there are so many flagrant a holes out there that have zero respect for other peoples property, i will take my DD if needed. Even then i always pay attention to where i park. I always try for an end spot and squeeze over as far as i can, turn my mirrors in to keep other doors from nailing mine. Than i hope for the best
Old 04-18-2014, 09:14 PM
UmCanesZ06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 3LZZ06
A Pagani is just a car too ($2,000,000+ worth)...

The point is, a Z is an expensive toy for most of it's owners as a Pagani would be for some, so many people are very cautious with their precious purchase.

I'm pretty cautious with my ZR1. It's not a Pagani but it's "my" Pagani...

Yeah, I understand the point you are trying to make. I've just never cared about stuff like that. If I could afford a Pagani, I'd still feel the same way. I'd park it anywhere. Im just not concerned about what may or may not happen to my car.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:40 PM
rockinSeat
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 72 Posts

It's not just a car, it's just a lot of money in an already depreciating asset. I just got done paying 1300 bucks for getting my wife's acura fixed because an anonymous a-hole backed into it. You've got to have a great shop match metallic silver and thank goodness, they did. So you run the risk of having to pay a large sum for repair, but also losing money on resale if the repair is noticeable. On a $70k z06, a drop in resale can hurt a lot more than the same on a $20k acura. And on a well-kept z06, repairs are hard to do perfectly.

Just venting.....

Quick Reply: [Z06] Parking your Z