Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Parking your Z

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 05:25 PM
Z06 RB
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Several times I have parked far away from other cars in the parking lot, go in the store, and come out to find another car parked beside mine.

Go figure.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:33 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

I second, third and fourth that taking 2 spots draws too much attention. the other parking choices (end, away, and curb as well as not taking the Z to crowded parking lots) I practice.

I am getting very calm in my old age. I used to take a valve stem romoval tool with me at all times. You can cause some inconvenience (but no costly damage) by pulling a couple of valve stems on an offending vehicle.

I did recently wish I still had the tool however. In a herringbone parking lot, someone had parked coming from the wrong direction and got their SUV parked so the rear bumper was behind the corner of the Z. I got out with some trouble but had I had my valve stem tool he would have had at least 2 flat tires.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Bushum
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AZDANZ06
Not really for the worse, I am that way with my other cars in that I park far away to avoid door dings. Bought a brand new Tundra back in August, parked far out (not two spaces) some a-hole door dinged my brand new truck, pissed me off to no end as I like to keep my things nice. I want to keep this Z pristine in every way shape and form, so like I said I park as far away as possible.
If that is all you had said I wouldn't have commented. Everyone wants to keep their car nice. You are much more likely to get damage from rock chips (which will happen with almost four feet of tire) than from a parking lot. I'm only saying people that do not know you will hate you because you look like an entitled dick (your word not mine ) and go out of their way to spite you. If you just parked normal you would likely get ignored. You may get accidental damage but double parking will eventually lead to intentional damage.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:12 PM
Rupert pupkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06 RB
Several times I have parked far away from other cars in the parking lot, go in the store, and come out to find another car parked beside mine.

Go figure.
Lol

Last time I parked the Z far away going to the grocery store, I saw some assho** putting a cart a couple of feet away from it. Bastard kids..
Old 02-15-2014, 06:13 PM
Bushum
Advanced

Originally Posted by Chevyfanaddict
Im pretty much on board with the majority here. I dont think taking two spots is such a bad thing if you are paked way out on your own cause it says "hey look I know this is taboo but im being as respectful as possible." However even when i park way far out i park far enough out to feel like its safe enough to use a single space and not have to worry about it.
Before your post seven people said they would never double park. One person said they would. You are in the minority, not majority.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:19 PM
Bushum
Advanced

Originally Posted by pkincy
I am getting very calm in my old age. I used to take a valve stem romoval tool with me at all times. You can cause some inconvenience (but no costly damage) by pulling a couple of valve stems on an offending vehicle.

*Note to self* if ever in CA don't parked next to any Vette just to be safe

If it's a women driver they will probably drive away anyway and not notice
Old 02-15-2014, 06:53 PM
PMD C6
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use caution when i park, usually at a distance, but will never take up more than one spot. Like others have said, its a sure fire way to make sure your carr gets damage or ****ed with.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:14 PM
Batman 357
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Two spots is asking for trouble. I take one, quite a way out and by a curb if possible. So far so good.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:30 PM
pomppe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 02-16-2014, 05:43 PM
Z06 RB
Race Director

Originally Posted by pomppe
And there it is. Spot-on!
Old 02-17-2014, 12:24 PM
Mike McGinnis
Racer

Taking up 2 spots is a huge douche move... When someone is taking up 2 spots they deserve to have someone park within inches of their vehicle. You're just asking for trouble.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:25 PM
Mike McGinnis
Racer

Also, let me know how many door dings you get on your plastic car.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:37 PM
LawrenceFromTorrance
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 113 Posts

I usually park far away and I also park on the left hand side of an island. That's because most cars carry just the driver and when he gets out of his vehicle it's on the left away from my car and the islands on the other side. Is that paranoid

I have noticed that in more recent years parking spots are wider than in the past and that helps.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Rjtcobra
Advanced

Originally Posted by Z06 RB

Go figure.
Unfortunately, that's someone who is doing it just to tell you that they know why you did it, and wants to mess with you by defeating the purpose. happens to me once in a while when I park far away, in a single spot. Double parking far away, in my opinion, is usually viewed as adding insult to injury. Especially when there are a good 5 to 10 spots from you and the general parking public...
Old 02-17-2014, 03:25 PM
crAzy
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You guys are **** lol. I park in the first available spot I see closest to where I am going. Sometimes if I can't find a spot I'll park in handicap.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:31 PM
MyOwn69
Safety Car

Default Well,

Originally Posted by crAzy03Z06
You guys are **** lol. I park in the first available spot I see closest to where I am going. Sometimes if I can't find a spot I'll park in handicap.
unless you're posting a handicap sticker/tag, I'm hoping you get keyed on both sides!
Old 02-17-2014, 04:33 PM
Bushum
Advanced

Originally Posted by crAzy03Z06
Where do you expect the obese "disabled" people to park?

Get notified of new replies

To Parking your Z

Old 02-17-2014, 09:31 PM
Z06 RB
Race Director

Originally Posted by Bushum
Where do you expect the obese "disabled" people to park?
Old 02-17-2014, 09:58 PM
soldier4life
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Valet or my garage. in south Florida everywhere has a valet. Only spots it sees. I tip big and park it in their lot myself and keep the FOB with me. Also been know to park right there in front at the valet. If I know in advance Valet is not available then I drive the truck.

Last edited by soldier4life; 02-17-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:44 PM
slinkyNiner
Cruising

I don't think it's envy....its you fawkers that try and set yourself apart from the rest by parking in the nosebleeds - most I think would interpret this as a "look at me" move than anything else, in reality you're just drawing more unwanted attention...

Quick Reply: [Z06] Parking your Z