Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] ZO7 Package

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 02:58 PM
woodranch
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ZO7 Package

Might be a silly question because it is to late to do anything about it but did or does the ZO7 package make a big visual difference as wee as a big performance difference compared to a ZO6 without the package? Also, what was the ratio in 2012 and 2013 with cars that came with it or not.For those of you that have it was it truly worth the extra money?
I guess I just want to know if I screwed up not getting that package..To late now!
Old 12-06-2013, 03:18 PM
CrystalRedZ07
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Visual would be the wider tires and ceramic rotors and CFZ (if included). If you mean transmission ratios - they're the same as the regular Z06. Being worth it always depends - I love having brakes that will last for 100K miles and NO brake dust!

Oops - I see where you were talking about production numbers.

Last edited by CrystalRedZ07; 12-06-2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 12-06-2013, 04:08 PM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

2012 production numbers:
total Z06 = 414 units
Z07 option = 117 units
Old 12-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Minnesota Scott
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There are a few recent threads on this topic. I own a Z07 and the look is very different when you combine it with the CFZ option as well.

Mine is a 2011 Jetstream blue which was a one year only option with the
competition gray wheels. It is a much different look in my opinion.

Scott
Old 12-07-2013, 02:12 AM
seamus2154
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by acrace
2012 production numbers:
total Z06 = 414 units
Z07 option = 117 units
Hey Brother could you provide the numbers for the 2011 Zo7?? My understanding was they are lopped into the Carbon #'s in 2011 because they didn't diffenciate and the Carbon's didn't get to the 500 number projected/ I have a 2011 Z07 w/o the CF package. I am told having a black one that it is 1 of only 5 black Zo7's?? Trying to get the facts Thanks!
Old 12-07-2013, 02:49 AM
Minkster
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by seamus2154
Hey Brother could you provide the numbers for the 2011 Zo7?? My understanding was they are lopped into the Carbon #'s in 2011 because they didn't diffenciate and the Carbon's didn't get to the 500 number projected/ I have a 2011 Z07 w/o the CF package. I am told having a black one that it is 1 of only 5 black Zo7's?? Trying to get the facts Thanks!
You can try and dig it out of here:

Looks like:

252 Carbon Editions (ULZ) built which were included in the 540 Z07s and also in the 535 Carbon fiber packages (CFZ). That leaves 288 (regular) Z07s, and 283 Carbon Packages on regular Z06s. Good luck trying to figure out color or how the options were combined on the rest of the 652 Z06s.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Too-Fast
Safety Car

Received 793 Likes on 537 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Minkster
You can try and dig it out of here:

Looks like:

252 Carbon Editions (ULZ) built which were included in the 540 Z07s and also in the 535 Carbon fiber packages (CFZ). That leaves 288 (regular) Z07s, and 283 Carbon Packages on regular Z06s. Good luck trying to figure out color or how the options were combined on the rest of the 652 Z06s.
I have been trying to figure this out myself for my 2011 Inferno Orange Z07 and I can never get it straight.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Too-Fast
I have been trying to figure this out myself for my 2011 Inferno Orange Z07 and I can never get it straight.
Hello,

Navigate through this site and you might find what you're looking for.
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...011/index.html

Regards,
Vern
Old 12-07-2013, 12:17 PM
CrystalRedZ07
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I have always wished GM could tell us production numbers for combinations of options, such as, mine is 1 of 33 CRM painted Z06's, but how many of them had the Z07 option, etc.?
Old 12-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

From a talking point the fact that it is 1 of 5 of something might be interesting to a casual passer by but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't make one bit of difference. Black is a more popular color so it will increase the price of the car, the Z07 option isn't necessarily desirable to most owners who will never use the braking capability that comes on a John Deere tractor let alone on a Z07 and just say why should I pay for fancy brakes? While a few people will say I don't care what color it is I want the brakes. The rarity of the combination of the two options doesn't add any value at all.

Bill
Old 12-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Too-Fast
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
From a talking point the fact that it is 1 of 5 of something might be interesting to a casual passer by but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't make one bit of difference. Black is a more popular color so it will increase the price of the car, the Z07 option isn't necessarily desirable to most owners who will never use the braking capability that comes on a John Deere tractor let alone on a Z07 and just say why should I pay for fancy brakes? While a few people will say I don't care what color it is I want the brakes. The rarity of the combination of the two options doesn't add any value at all.

Bill
I have a different perspective and opinion; first the Z07 option is not limited to carbon ceramic brakes; the Z07 ultimate performance package has a lot more to it, already annotated in this thread. And just having the Z07 package does raise the value of the car and it will be rare, which in the world of 'vettes means something...you may not think so, and you are of course entitled to your opinion, but to say that the Z07 option adds no value, IMO, is not correct.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:14 PM
woodranch
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to think Bill Dearborn is correct on this one....
Old 12-08-2013, 12:49 AM
Minkster
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Too-Fast
I have a different perspective and opinion; first the Z07 option is not limited to carbon ceramic brakes; the Z07 ultimate performance package has a lot more to it, already annotated in this thread. And just having the Z07 package does raise the value of the car and it will be rare, which in the world of 'vettes means something...you may not think so, and you are of course entitled to your opinion, but to say that the Z07 option adds no value, IMO, is not correct.
It has always been the case that special performance options on corvettes has increased their desirability, and henceforth, value. Just look at the C2 and early C3 generations.

Originally Posted by woodranch
I respectfully disagree as noted above.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:46 AM
Too-Fast
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Minkster
It has always been the case that special performance options on corvettes has increased their desirability, and henceforth, value. Just look at the C2 and early C3 generations.

I respectfully disagree as noted above.
Exactly my perspective, while the cars will not appreciate for quite some time, they will always bring more dollars than a standard Z06. Of course some won't value the difference, but many will.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:06 AM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Bill

All cars have to have brakes. The difference in the ceramic's could even scare off potential buyers because the cost of replacing one or all four.

Now, 40-50 years from now, it might be worth MORE to a collector....i.e. the C1's w/finned brakes or the air-box C1's.

But for now, the ceramic's are being replaced by some of the owner's who track their Z.

There was a post recently (mikymu) who replaced his on his Carbon Z which, IMO, he has done a wonderful job with very tasteful mods making his carbon Z a track monster.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Minkster
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tim414

All cars have to have brakes. The difference in the ceramic's could even scare off potential buyers because the cost of replacing one or all four.

Now, 40-50 years from now, it might be worth MORE to a collector....i.e. the C1's w/finned brakes or the air-box C1's.

But for now, the ceramic's are being replaced by some of the owner's who track their Z.

There was a post recently (mikymu) who replaced his on his Carbon Z which, IMO, he has done a wonderful job with very tasteful mods making his carbon Z a track monster.
The Z07 RPO is not just the brakes. It also has the MRC and the ZR1 cooling system, which to me is a big plus. You could look at a Z06/Z07 as a ZR1 with an LS7. What also makes them desirable is the rarity of the RPO just as you see in the C2/early C3 cars with specific performance RPOs. Also, cars that are modded are less desirable than pure stock IMO. But in the end, it is what the buyer (market) is willing to pay that sets the value and only time will tell.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:12 PM
seamus2154
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

Bill
I can agree Bill that it doesn't add a whole lot of value presently. But I would disagree that a Zo7 package is not more valuable as it is and did cost more. Some may not want the cost of the rotors on their head then it's not for them but the package itself costs more. It;s worth every penny to me as I do track and love the brakes. I also love not having to swap rotors prior to a track day. And when hanging with car guys bragging rights are just talking points and fun. Turns out that there are 540 Zo7 packages which includes the 252 Carbon editions. That leaves 288 Zo7's for 2011. Of the 540 Zo7's and Carbons, 535 had the CFZ package. I do not have it, so I am 1 of 5 Zo7's w/o it. So I am 1of 5 and who knows what 5 colors. 288 is a low number 5 is lower, so value?, not so much, rare?, yes. Bragging rights…yes! LOL

Last edited by seamus2154; 12-08-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To ZO7 Package

Old 12-08-2013, 09:38 PM
marktsmith
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by woodranch
I'ld never bet against Bill Dearborn, but, I do love my Z07 package, huge brakes, (us old men need plenty of stop). To me, the car does look lower, wider, and meaner. Could I drive it like Bill...................No Way. But, it is nice to have it just in case.

Future value...........Good question. Don't you think it really depends on the buyer you find. I mean, why did I want the options in the first place?? It was the best performance options I could buy. Could not afford the ZR-1, but I now have all the suspension goodies, radiator, oil cooler, brakes, carbon fiber, huge tires, I know, only good for dry surfaces. In the future, there will have to be other folks that feel the same way. Plus, I did not really buy it to sell it. Should be in the family for a long time.

Last edited by marktsmith; 12-08-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:21 AM
rsalco
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can agree Bill that it doesn't add a whole lot of value presently. But I would disagree that a Zo7 package is not more valuable as it is and did cost more. Some may not want the cost of the rotors on their head then it's not for them but the package itself costs more. It;s worth every penny to me as I do track and love the brakes. I also love not having to swap rotors prior to a track day. And when hanging with car guys bragging rights are just talking points and fun. Turns out that there are 540 Zo7 packages which includes the 252 Carbon editions. That leaves 288 Zo7's for 2011. Of the 540 Zo7's and Carbons, 535 had the CFZ package. I do not have it, so I am 1 of 5 Zo7's w/o it. So I am 1of 5 and who knows what 5 colors. 288 is a low number 5 is lower, so value?, not so much, rare?, yes. Bragging rights…yes! LOL
Well, I've got another of those [apparently] 5 with that option/color combination. And I did not pay a premium [used] for it; quite the opposite in fact. But, it's destined to become a track-day toy over this winter so future collectability is a moot point.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:39 AM
Flying24
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

The Z07 is a nice name plate, but I knew what i was getting when I got my 2012 Centennial Z06 3ZL CFZ. I have every option but the ceramic rotors and PCS tires and for a reason. Pcs tires don't last long and not a road tire for everyday use. Ceramic rotors would be nice but there is a little added care involved with them and are very pricey to replace. But with the packages I got have every other option that came with the Z07 package, which included PTM, light weight wheels, and the additional cooling.

Quick Reply: [Z06] ZO7 Package