Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] My great experience with Gerry (Custom Wheels for Less)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 09:25 PM
mazeroth
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My great experience with Gerry (Custom Wheels for Less)

Back in July I contacted Gerry about getting some wheels. I had all kinds of questions and he was extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and answered all my questions in a timely maner (usually pretty instantly). At the time I wasn't too sure about what I wanted but based on the feedback I gave Gerry, he was able to recommend a couple options all of which were great. It took me an extra week to make a final decision but I ended up picking the HRE P40 with the brush tinted clear coat finish.

I was a bit hesitant to be honest when I placed the order because they looked nice in the pictures but I wasn't sure if they'd be as nice as the amount of money I was about to spend. It also took me some time to decide on the right tire as I do many mountain trips and wanted something that would be sticky enough and comparable to the NT05's I was used to. I decided on the PS2 ZP.

During this whole time Gerry kept me up-to-date with progress and dates. From the beginning he told me it would be 4-6 weeks and that's how long it took. I must have called him and emailed him dozens of times in the weeks leading to the order and after.

My wheels and tires eventually arrived and extremely well packaged. I unwrapped one of them and as soon as I saw the wheels I knew it was all worth it. I put them on the car, the next day got an alignment, a nice car wash and was ready for a mountain drive the following weekend. The looked an handled amazingly!

Fast forward 2 months and another trip to the dragon and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. The amounts of compliments I get are crazy and the car looks plus handles great! Gerry, I'm so glad I called you and you helped me decided on these wheels because they are perfect in every way.

Time for pics: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=08d485f675

Thanks Gerry!

Last edited by mazeroth; 11-14-2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: type of wheel finish
Old 11-14-2013, 10:25 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

If I may piggyback on your kind words and great experience with Gerry, I will. I already had a couple of sets of stock split spokes with good tires on, but neither really floats my boat. So I saw Gerry's ad for the Morr VS52 Monoblocks about a month ago and contacted him. He quoted me a price and not only put up with my incessant questions but did it with both grace and complete information each time I asked a question.

Really good wheels are not inexpensive and the necessity of getting new tires in the 19/20 sizes 3 weeks after I had bought a set of Michelin PSSs did give me some pause, but Gerry was extremely helpful and provided everything I needed to make my decision.

Now that the wheels and tires have arrived and are on the car, I have no question that it was the right decision for me. I do want to thank Gerry for his attention to detail both after I made the order and as I was making my decision. He is incredibly patient and very helpful.

We will have better pictures soon as MORR is very anxious to get a photoshoot done of what may be the first set of MORRs installed on a C6Z06 in the world. That is scheduled for tomorrow at near sundown.

Here is my amateurish attempt at a picture or two. Again much thanks to Gerry Corbo and Wheels for Less.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:15 AM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

Oh both of those are sick!!
Old 11-15-2013, 01:15 AM
Aeons
Instructor

Beautiful cars.... The last picture of the red one is amazing.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Phoenix1911
Instructor

Mazroth, how wide did you end up going in the rear? 12", 12.5" or 13". I'm looking at 13" myself which fit Nittos nicely, but if/when/should they end up being discontinued I'm looking for feedback from 13" wide PS2 folks. I know they can be mounted but the overall look of the sidewall flex compared to the fronts.

tx.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:33 PM
mazeroth
Advanced

I went with 12.5. I remember looking at all kinds of tire options but didn't find much that I liked for performance with 19/20. I don't want to spend a fortune on Pilot Sport Cups which won't last me more than 5k miles but with 12.5 I can keep using the PS2 ZP or try the Cups one days if I'd like. At the time I didn't find any benefit in buying wider than 12.5.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:33 PM
mazeroth
Advanced

Originally Posted by pkincy
If I may piggyback on your kind words and great experience with Gerry, I will.
Not a problem at all.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:09 AM
kevin nevius
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 87 Posts

mazeroth:

A quick question..........where did you find the front splitter?

It looks great, I have been looking for a replacement for the factory splitter for a while.

Thanks!

PS - amazing wheels, I have had my eye on those for some time, having some trouble convincing my wife I need them though!

kev
Old 11-17-2013, 01:57 AM
mazeroth
Advanced

Thanks, the splitter is RPI - http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1751

Get notified of new replies

To My great experience with Gerry (Custom Wheels for Less)

Quick Reply: [Z06] My great experience with Gerry (Custom Wheels for Less)