Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Couple Cool night shots from last night

Old 08-30-2013, 08:44 AM
NAZTY Z
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple Cool night shots from last night

A buddy of mine did some really cool shots of the Z last night, pitch black outside didnt even know these types of pictures could be done, but the results were really cool.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:45 AM
youzzi714
Racer

Old 08-30-2013, 10:53 AM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Very cool. the new cameras have incredibly sensitive sensors that allow shots such as these in the near pitch dark. And without a long time exposure, although that can be cool also particularly if you hand or remote fire a flash in the middle of the long exposure to light the car for an instant.

Thank you for sharing.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:11 PM
5280Racer
Drifting

Originally Posted by NAZTY Z
A buddy of mine did some really cool shots of the Z last night, pitch black outside didnt even know these types of pictures could be done, but the results were really cool.

Waterford.. I'm from Clarkston... I havent been home in years....
Old 08-30-2013, 01:18 PM
jtjohn1
Instructor

Looks like HDR??
Old 08-30-2013, 02:03 PM
NAZTY Z
Racer

Originally Posted by 5280Racer
Waterford.. I'm from Clarkston... I havent been home in years....
small world for sure
Old 08-30-2013, 02:05 PM
NAZTY Z
Racer

Originally Posted by jtjohn1
Looks like HDR??
HDR??? im not sure what that stands for (i have no idea about cameras)
all I know is it was dark enough not to be able to see the car 10 feet from it he clicked a couple things on the camera walked around it it once with a light on it and then presto
Old 08-30-2013, 05:40 PM
SlickShoes
_Sloth Whisperer_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. It's a post processing technique wherein multiple exposures of the same shot are overlaid, clipping together the most balanced portions of each. A longer exposure will have some washed out, "too bright" spots, a mid length exposure will have some "just right" portions, and a short exposure will have some "too dim" spots. HDR's can use as few as two or three, or as many as a dozen (or more if you care to do that much work) exposures of the same shot.

You sew together an image using parts of each that have the best lighting, color, and detail, creating a bit of a subconscious mosaic, if you will, leaving all the best and most vibrant/clear pieces left to comprise the photo.

And yes, there was some HDR or HDR type effect applied here. One sign is a "halo effect" around the darker objects in a photo, where the object seems to be emitting some brightness just off its surface, into the background. In the second photo, note the "glow" from the car near it's left taillight where the concrete beyond it seems to illuminate somewhat.

It's a useful and striking technique when done in moderation and with discretion.

Last edited by SlickShoes; 08-30-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:58 PM
NAZTY Z
Racer

Originally Posted by SlickShoes
HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. It's a post processing technique wherein multiple exposures of the same shot are overlaid, clipping together the most balanced portions of each. A longer exposure will have some washed out, "too bright" spots, a mid length exposure will have some "just right" portions, and a short exposure will have some "too dim" spots. HDR's can use as few as two or three, or as many as a dozen (or more if you care to do that much work) exposures of the same shot.

You sew together an image using parts of each that have the best lighting, color, and detail, creating a bit of a subconscious mosaic, if you will, leaving all the best and most vibrant/clear pieces left to comprise the photo.

And yes, there was some HDR or HDR type effect applied here. One sign is a "halo effect" around the darker objects in a photo, where the object seems to be emitting some brightness just off its surface, into the background. In the second photo, note the "glow" from the car near it's left taillight where the concrete beyond it seems to illuminate somewhat.

It's a useful and striking technique when done in moderation and with discretion.
that is exactly what he did because I know he shot the background first then the car then the pair together and did an overlay.

very nice explanation
Old 08-30-2013, 08:16 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

And it can produce some very over the top results but as SlickShoes suggests this was done with taste and moderation.

Well done and a great car.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:58 PM
NAZTY Z
Racer

Originally Posted by pkincy
And it can produce some very over the top results but as SlickShoes suggests this was done with taste and moderation.

Well done and a great car.
I agree and thank you
Old 08-31-2013, 08:37 PM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

Good shots!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:32 PM
Aussie Vet
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nazty Z, are you running spacers with your stock rims?
Old 08-31-2013, 10:37 PM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SlickShoes

Dude, amazing info! I'm into photography but all the new technology is a little above my head...Ansel Adams must be spinning in his grave
Old 09-03-2013, 08:35 AM
NAZTY Z
Racer

Originally Posted by Aussie Vet
Nazty Z, are you running spacers with your stock rims?
nope no spacers

Get notified of new replies

To Couple Cool night shots from last night

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Couple Cool night shots from last night