Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Programming TPMS for Two Sets of Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 07:50 AM
Skikig22
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schrader 33000 sensors

BEZ06, has anyone here had any luck with these sensors?

I just got a set for my track wheels, and the CUB Pro-101 is able to scan and read them to display their information, but the car doesn't "honk" during the relearn process.
Attached Images  
Old 04-27-2014, 12:35 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Skikig22
BEZ06, has anyone here had any luck with these sensors?

I just got a set for my track wheels, and the CUB Pro-101 is able to scan and read them to display their information, but the car doesn't "honk" during the relearn process.
The 33000 is one of the programmable/cloneable sensors made by Schrader.

Did you program them with data from the sensors currently on the car??

Below is an excerpt of the listing on Amazon for this sensor:

Schrader 33000 EZ-Sensor Programmable TPMS - 315 MHz
by Schrader

List Price: $137.63
Price: $45.71 & FREE Shipping
You Save: $91.92 (67%)

Schrader patented technology offers a truly programmable solution, offering snap-in and clamp-in options

EZ-sensor performs identically to the original OEM-equivalent

EZ-sensor comes "blank" and is fully programmable to the selected vehicle type

Like it says, they are blank/empty until you program them to be a clone of some other sensor.

If they are programmed as clones of your current sensors, you shouldn't have any problem getting a honk during the relearn procedure.

However, if they are clones of your current sensors, you don't need to do a relearn procedure - just put the wheels with those sensors on your car and drive.

Bob

Last edited by BEZ06; 04-27-2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:46 PM
Skikig22
5th Gear

Originally Posted by BEZ06
The 33000 is one of the programmable/cloneable sensors made by Schrader.

Did you program them with data from the sensors currently on the car??

Below is an excerpt of the listing on Amazon for this sensor:

Like it says, they are blank/empty until you program them to be a clone of some other sensor.

If they are programmed as clones of your current sensors, you shouldn't have any problem getting a honk during the relearn procedure.

However, if they are clones of your current sensors, you don't need to do a relearn procedure - just put the wheels with those sensors on your car and drive.

Bob

Bob,

I ordered them from OEwheels, they were listed for a 2005-2009 Corvette. I read the Schrader site, and I guess I had hoped that since they were listed as C6 sensors, that they would have programmed them to be. I suppose I'll have to go to a local tire shop and see if they have the Schrader programming tool. that's the only thing left I can think of. OEwheels has been absolutely no help (they haven't answered a single email or message), and I would not recommend them if your looking for any sort of quality, customer support but I guess that's for another thread!

If you hear of anyone using this sensors with luck, send their story along if you think of it.

Thanks Bob!
Old 04-27-2014, 02:24 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

....I ordered them from OEwheels, they were listed for a 2005-2009 Corvette....I guess I had hoped that since they were listed as C6 sensors, that they would have programmed them to be....
Well....they can't very well program them to be clones of your sensors unless they have your current sensors so they can copy them!!

Actually, I believe your Cub Pro 101 TPMS tool may be able to copy your current sensors and program the new ones.

Product Name: Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Model: Pro-101 / 315mhz / 433mhz

> Detail Specifications / Descriptions
Our new Gen 2 PUR-TPMS which covers both 315mhz and 433mhz sensors will be available from July 2009. This whole new and powerful revolutionary system will drastically reduce your inventory costs for TPMS.

Our sensors are wirelessly programmable to duplicate OE sensors. Our PRO-101 tool can scan and copy the ID from the OE sensor and reprograms that to our sensor for a complete duplication, meaning you do not have to do any resetting or re-learning process. Besides programming, it has functions that most other tools have.
Take a look at the instructions for using your TPMS tool and you may find you can use it to do the cloning.

The info above does say "and reprograms that to our sensor". Whether that means that the tool only works to program sensors made by Cub, I dunno!?!?

Butt....that's the first thing I'd try - to see if the Cub tool can copy the old sensors and program the Schrader 33000 ones.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Bob
Old 04-27-2014, 03:21 PM
Skikig22
5th Gear

Well....they can't very well program them to be clones of your sensors unless they have your current sensors so they can copy them!!

Actually, I believe your Cub Pro 101 TPMS tool may be able to copy your current sensors and program the new ones.

Take a look at the instructions for using your TPMS tool and you may find you can use it to do the cloning.

The info above does say "and reprograms that to our sensor". Whether that means that the tool only works to program sensors made by Cub, I dunno!?!?

Butt....that's the first thing I'd try - to see if the Cub tool can copy the old sensors and program the Schrader 33000 ones.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Bob
Well, I triedeverythibg I could think of, and finally have up and went down to tire warehouse. Their bartec 400 was able to trigger the Schrader 33000 sensors no problem. Guess the pro-101 just isn't compatible with the Schrader sensors. Oh well, looks like I'm out a few bucks....
Old 04-27-2014, 05:59 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

...Guess the pro-101 just isn't compatible with the Schrader sensors....
The Cub Pro 101 is definitely compatible with the sensors in our Vettes!!!

I don't know what model year your Vette is (I looked in your profile, but nothing in there about location, Vette, etc.).

The 2005-2009 model years use one model sensor.

The 2010-2013 uses a different model.

All the OE GM sensors are made by Schrader.

Here's a picture of a Cub after it just triggered a sensor on my 2009:

And here's a picture after it just triggered a sensor on a friend's 2012 GS:

So....I'm not quite sure what you had done at the tire shop. Did they clone your old sensors???

If they did clone your old sensors then no relearn procedure was required at all (if they cloned them to correct corner of the car as well).

When the Schrader 33000 sensors are programmed to be clones of your OE Schrader sensors, you'll be able to use your Cub tool to do diagnostic checks of the OE sensors or the clones any time you want to.

To do a diagnostic check, don't put the car into the learn mode - just select your car on the menu, walk up to a wheel, and activate the tool to scan for the sensor. When the tool triggers the sensor and the sensor sends its data out, the tool will intercept the signal and display the data on the tool's screen.

BTW - The Cub tool only has up through the 2009 model year. If you have a 2005-2009 you can just select that on the menu and go to work.

If you have a 2010-2013, the sensors used in those model years has been used in numerous other GM vehicles in 2009 and prior, so just select one of them on the tool's menu (HHR, Impala, Monte Carlo, etc.).

In the picture above of the screen after I triggered the GS sensor, you can see HHR at the top. I had selected HHR on the menu because that is one of the vehicles that used the same sensor prior to 2009 that the 2010-2013 C6 uses.

Bob
Old 04-27-2014, 09:34 PM
Skikig22
5th Gear

The Cub Pro 101 is definitely compatible with the sensors in our Vettes!!!

I don't know what model year your Vette is (I looked in your profile, but nothing in there about location, Vette, etc.).

The 2005-2009 model years use one model sensor.

The 2010-2013 uses a different model.

All the OE GM sensors are made by Schrader.

Here's a picture of a Cub after it just triggered a sensor on my 2009:

And here's a picture after it just triggered a sensor on a friend's 2012 GS:

So....I'm not quite sure what you had done at the tire shop. Did they clone your old sensors???

If they did clone your old sensors then no relearn procedure was required at all (if they cloned them to correct corner of the car as well).

When the Schrader 33000 sensors are programmed to be clones of your OE Schrader sensors, you'll be able to use your Cub tool to do diagnostic checks of the OE sensors or the clones any time you want to.

To do a diagnostic check, don't put the car into the learn mode - just select your car on the menu, walk up to a wheel, and activate the tool to scan for the sensor. When the tool triggers the sensor and the sensor sends its data out, the tool will intercept the signal and display the data on the tool's screen.

BTW - The Cub tool only has up through the 2009 model year. If you have a 2005-2009 you can just select that on the menu and go to work.

If you have a 2010-2013, the sensors used in those model years has been used in numerous other GM vehicles in 2009 and prior, so just select one of them on the tool's menu (HHR, Impala, Monte Carlo, etc.).

In the picture above of the screen after I triggered the GS sensor, you can see HHR at the top. I had selected HHR on the menu because that is one of the vehicles that used the same sensor prior to 2009 that the 2010-2013 C6 uses.

Bob
I guess I need to be more clear.

I have an 09 Z51.
I have two sets of wheels.

Set #1 Street wheels- Stock OEM wheels and GM sensors Part No. 25758220

Set #2 Track wheels- OEWheels replica C5 Z06 wheels with schrader 33000 tpms sensors

I bought the CUB Pro-101 Tool.

So, initially I thought the sensors I ordered from OEwheels were going to be OEM sensors, since that's what the OEwheels site said. Chalk that mistake up to being a rookie.

I first used the CUB tool to perform the relearn procedure with my street wheels. This worked exactly as I expected (horn honks and all). This was just a test, to make sure I knew the procedure, so that when I had to learn the track wheels things would go smoothly.

Next, I bolted on the track wheels, with what I thought were oem tpms sensors. On my first try I simply wanted the car to "learn" the track sensors. This did not work. The CUB tool would scan and read the ID of the track wheel sensors, but the car would not honk to indicate it had learned the new sensor.

After this I tried to "clone" the oem sensors using the CUB tool. This did not work.

SO, now I went back to research the sensors I actually had bought to discover they were not OEM sensors, but Schrader, "universal sensors" that can be programmed to match most makes and models.

My last resort was to got to Tirewarehouse, where they had a Bartec 400 tool, which was able to trigger the Schrader 33000 sensors during the cars "learn" process. They were not cloned, but individually learned by the learn process.

The CUB tool WILL NOT work with these Schrader sensors, it won't program them to match the existing sensors, nor will it trigger the sensors during the learn procedure. It will, however, read the id, tire pressure and status of the Schrader sensor, but that is where it ends, at least in my case.

However, it DOES work with the OEM GM Part No 25758220.

So, as far as I can tell, I either need to buy another tool compatible with the Schrader sensors, or, take them to someone who can clone the sensors for me.

Thanks for all the tips, any leads on a cheap tool that can clone my sensors?
Old 04-27-2014, 10:48 PM
ZIE06Bernie
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Guys

Just a couple of things I have noticed but as yet have not determined whether it can be changed on this Cub tool.

Firstly the User guide on the CD which comes with the Cub tool or is available at TIRERACK website is far more informative than the small handbook which comes with the tool. And there are major differences in the text contained therein.

On page 5 of the brief enclosed handbook it says Copy Sensor and Program Sensor are not available on the tool. However the CD/TIRERACK user guide give instructions on doing both procedures as well as a section on updating the software on the tool.

Also included in the toolkit is a leaflet named "New Instructions for upgraded Tool" which shows doing the copy/program function for the upgraded tool but the tool is still shown as a PRO-101.

Since the tool in all cases is a PRO-101 maybe it is possible to update the tool to perform the copy/program functions by downloading the updated software?

One would think that if the internals of the tool was different on the updated tool they would normally give it a new model number. But apparently according to the photos this has not happened.

It would be easiest to ring TIRERACK and ask the question. Since I am not in the USA I have not done this but I would love to know the answer.

I guess I need to be more clear.

Thanks for all the tips, any leads on a cheap tool that can clone my sensors?
Old 06-21-2014, 10:28 AM
CTYANK2
Cruising is the passion!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 304 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by ZIE06Bernie
Hi Guys

Just a couple of things I have noticed but as yet have not determined whether it can be changed on this Cub tool.

Firstly the User guide on the CD which comes with the Cub tool or is available at TIRERACK website is far more informative than the small handbook which comes with the tool. And there are major differences in the text contained therein.

On page 5 of the brief enclosed handbook it says Copy Sensor and Program Sensor are not available on the tool. However the CD/TIRERACK user guide give instructions on doing both procedures as well as a section on updating the software on the tool.

Also included in the toolkit is a leaflet named "New Instructions for upgraded Tool" which shows doing the copy/program function for the upgraded tool but the tool is still shown as a PRO-101.

Since the tool in all cases is a PRO-101 maybe it is possible to update the tool to perform the copy/program functions by downloading the updated software?

One would think that if the internals of the tool was different on the updated tool they would normally give it a new model number. But apparently according to the photos this has not happened.

It would be easiest to ring TIRERACK and ask the question. Since I am not in the USA I have not done this but I would love to know the answer.
Did anyone sort that out for you?
Old 07-23-2014, 10:38 PM
corvettecolin
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Default What new sensors to buy

I am still having an issue with just one wheel failing to be read. Not all the time but getting worse. I guess I have to bite the bullet and get a new sensor, or set of four. A search of Ebay brings up many types. Does anyone have a suggestion of which ones are good ones? This is for a 2008.

Thanks.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:48 AM
harrydirty
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettecolin
I am still having an issue with just one wheel failing to be read. Not all the time but getting worse. I guess I have to bite the bullet and get a new sensor, or set of four. A search of Ebay brings up many types. Does anyone have a suggestion of which ones are good ones? This is for a 2008.

Thanks.
Depending on the type of tpms tool and sensor you are using, some of them are sensitive to battery condition. I found the best results when using fresh batteries (in the tool), so you might want to check that first. I used non-OEM sensors with mixed results, but have always had good luck with OEM sensors, so if you are buying replacements, I would go with OEM.

Good luck.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:43 AM
corvettecolin
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by harrydirty
Depending on the type of tpms tool and sensor you are using, some of them are sensitive to battery condition. I found the best results when using fresh batteries (in the tool), so you might want to check that first. I used non-OEM sensors with mixed results, but have always had good luck with OEM sensors, so if you are buying replacements, I would go with OEM.

Good luck.
I made sure the tool (cub) was charged up. When I got in the car today it said left rear tire flat, which it wasn't. The tool read the other tires easily just not that one. It has been playing up since I got the car in Feb. Where do I find OEM TPMS's on the internet, I am in New Zealand and cannot buy these from shops here. Thanks, Colin
Old 07-24-2014, 09:47 AM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,499 Likes on 2,593 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettecolin
I made sure the tool (cub) was charged up. When I got in the car today it said left rear tire flat, which it wasn't. The tool read the other tires easily just not that one. It has been playing up since I got the car in Feb. Where do I find OEM TPMS's on the internet, I am in New Zealand and cannot buy these from shops here. Thanks, Colin
GMPartshouse.com has them (about $80 US with the nut). Make sure to specify the Year Z06 to get the right sensor.

I have two sets of wheels and got the second set of sensors from them and don't have a problem programming between the sets of wheels when I swap (and 09).

Quick Reply: [Z06] Programming TPMS for Two Sets of Wheels