Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Heads/Cam Package

Old 07-03-2013, 08:33 PM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Heads/Cam Package

Just for reference. Nothing super fancy but she runs strong.

2008 Z06.

Mods:
Halltech air intake
WCCH LS7 "Stage II" cylinder heads
Custom cam
Kooks long tube headers with x-pipe

Results:
564 rwhp and 496 rwyq on a Dynojet

This was built/tuned for road racing and pulls like a raped ape at 7,000 RPM and is tuned with E85 fuel (for cooling benefits/insurance when road racing).

Manners:
You can tell it has a cam, but it's pretty darn mild. Click the button for the Mild to Wild and it sounds respectable. There is a little bit of rumble at idle, but nothing obnoxious like the old big cam C5 days.

After all is said and done I'd do the same mods again in a heart beat. Great performance and great bang for the buck.

I picked the car up from the shop last Tuesday and did HPDEs on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The car didn't miss a beat the entire time.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:48 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mdaniel

2008 Z06.

Mods:
Halltech air intake
Custom cam

Results:

This was built/tuned for road racing and pulls like a raped ape at 7,000 RPM and is tuned with E85 fuel (for cooling benefits/insurance when road racing).

Manners:
You can tell it has a cam, but it's pretty darn mild. Click the button for the Mild to Wild and it sounds respectable. There is a little bit of rumble at idle, but nothing obnoxious like the old big cam C5 days.

After all is said and done I'd do the same mods again in a heart beat. Great performance and great bang for the buck.

I picked the car up from the shop last Tuesday and did HPDEs on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The car didn't miss a beat the entire time.
Nice, and congrats on the build.

What valves did he use in the heads?
Old 07-03-2013, 09:15 PM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

2008 Z06.

Mods:
Halltech air intake
Custom cam

Results:

Manners:

Congratulations, which cam profile did you have installed?
Old 07-03-2013, 11:47 PM
SSMOKE
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Congrats and nice numbers! I dropped my 07' off today and hopefully I will get it back Friday. Like you, I have a Halltech air intake,
WCCH LS7 "Stage II" cylinder heads, KOOKS long tube headers and a TORQUER 110. Can't wait.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:57 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Originally Posted by SSMOKE
Congrats and nice numbers! I dropped my 07' off today and hopefully I will get it back Friday. Like you, I have a Halltech air intake,
WCCH LS7 "Stage II" cylinder heads, KOOKS long tube headers and a TORQUER 110. Can't wait.
Congrats are in order for you too SSMOKE.

This seems like a popular approach.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...post1584318035
Old 07-04-2013, 12:57 AM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
What valves did he use in the heads?
Not sure exactly. My bill states: Ti intake valves, new stainless exhaust valves, bronze exhaust valves.

Originally Posted by FSTFRC
Congratulations, which cam profile did you have installed?
It's custom based on my needs for road racing. I believe it's fairly similar to a Katech Torquer.

You'll love it.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:59 AM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Not sure exactly. My bill states: Ti intake valves, new stainless exhaust valves, bronze exhaust valves.

It's custom based on my needs for road racing. I believe it's fairly similar to a Katech Torquer.

You'll love it.
You are going to have a good time with it mdaniel. Sounds like you really did it up.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:06 AM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 335 Likes on 247 Posts

Nice build.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:37 PM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Almost forgot to post a pic from the weekend.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:13 AM
SSMOKE
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

2008 Z06.

Mods:
Halltech air intake
Custom cam

Results:

Manners:

I have leaned to hate to post Dyno numbers on CF. I do not want to read "Your tune must be too lean." and/or "That's a happy Dyno." Regardless, my numbers and mods are VERY, VERY similar to mdaniels.

I was hoping to get my car back on Friday and actually got it back today, a day early! Thanks to HAWAII PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGY. (Formerly, BSM Performance.) My mods are VERY similar to mdaniels and my car F'ING RIPS! It is not pretty NUTZ, it is SUPER NUTZ! I'll make a new thread tomorrow with a sound clip and more specific mods. Thanks to Quick for the sound advice and all the others for posting informative 411. Most importantly, thanks to all the current members of the military, and of course, the veterans. Happy 4th!

Get notified of new replies

To Heads/Cam Package

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Heads/Cam Package