Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Removing Front Splash Guards

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 01:19 PM
TurdsOfMayhem
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Removing Front Splash Guards

I want to remove my front splash guards, they have some minor staining and are rather faded so need a good cleaning and some work.

I saw the bolts holding it in, and felt my hand up around the inside lip of the fender, is this also a mounting location?

Just looking for some insight before I go and pull them off. Much thanks in advance.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:24 PM
SUPERCRUZ
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put a new set of splash guards all the way around my car last fall. The fronts are held on by some bolts just inward of the lower front rocker on the bottom side of the car. Can't remember if there were 3 or 4 bolts. Easy to remove. There are a couple of push pins on the inner fender just behind the tire. Works best if you turn the wheel all the way one way or the other to give you room to work. Use a panel tool to pop these push pins loose or you can get away with a flat blade screw driver. Next, run your hand along the lower edge of the splash guard that meets the fender and you will run into 3 or 4 pressure clips. Be very careful to pull these away from the body with even pressure. Once you get the part off, clean the part and reinstall.

Tip - If you do not plan to replace the piece, I found a light scuffing with 600 grit wet sandpaper followed by cleaning with soap and water and then spraying with Duplicolor bumper coater satin black makes these parts look like new. Good luck with it.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:18 AM
TurdsOfMayhem
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks SUPERCRUZ for the info.
At the moment I do not plan on replacing them, depends on how they turn out after cleaning them and putting some 303 or something on. Then afterwards, might try your tip.

Get notified of new replies

To Removing Front Splash Guards

Quick Reply: [Z06] Removing Front Splash Guards