Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Drove through flooded streets

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 09:01 PM
Rusc6z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drove through flooded streets

Hello everyone! I got caught in a Miami flood and although I kept my car on high ground the whole time my floormats got wet. The water did not go through the doors.

Is there some sort of a hole/ crack that the waves from driving could have gotten my floor soaked?
Old 06-08-2013, 10:10 AM
daily z06
2nd Gear

Same thing happend to me, I belive it came in thru some seems in the body from what I could see from underneath the car.I also live in south Florida.It has never happend to me again as I have never gone thru a flooded street again.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Rusc6z06
Instructor

I didn't want to go through it. But i had no choice because I got caught on Collins Ave during the storm.

Did you just let it dry out, or have the dealer inspect it?
Old 06-08-2013, 11:46 AM
mariofromnewyork
Late Model Domestics
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Rusc6z06
I didn't want to go through it. But i had no choice because I got caught on Collins Ave during the storm.

Did you just let it dry out, or have the dealer inspect it?
I would pull the seats and then pull the carpet out. 8 bolts and your done. I would then inspect the wire connectors for the seats and more importantly the computer under the passenger side front foot well. I bet your fine but I would do that as a precaution. Use WD 40 to displace water from electrical connections.

Mario
Old 06-08-2013, 12:41 PM
daily z06
2nd Gear

I just let it dry on its own,I have not had any problems and it's been over two years since it occured.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Rusc6z06
Instructor

***Update:

So the car seemed fine and I checked the fuses and the area was dry. Then all of a sudden today all these error lights and messages start going off; service fuel system, service active handling, service traction system, CEL lit up, low fuel ( even though it was full) and the fuel gauge went to to zero along with oil temp and coolant temp at zero as well. But the car drove and idled fine...

I have the worst fear right now - that its going to be a wire somewhere in the electrical system which could be impossible to find.

What do you gentlemen think of all this?
Old 06-10-2013, 07:33 PM
dstiger
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Rusc6z06
***Update:

So the car seemed fine and I checked the fuses and the area was dry. Then all of a sudden today all these error lights and messages start going off; service fuel system, service active handling, service traction system, CEL lit up, low fuel ( even though it was full) and the fuel gauge went to to zero along with oil temp and coolant temp at zero as well. But the car drove and idled fine...

I have the worst fear right now - that its going to be a wire somewhere in the electrical system which could be impossible to find.

What do you gentlemen think of all this?
call your insurance agent and drive/tow to the chevy dealer
Old 06-10-2013, 07:54 PM
mariofromnewyork
Late Model Domestics
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I agree call your insurance co/

It could just be one corroded ground but trying to find that wont be worth the stress.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:35 PM
SUPERCRUZ
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to the passenger side foot well and pull up the carpet near the fire wall. The carpet panel just folds back from the top. Check to see if there is any standing water in that area. I believe the Body Control Module is located there. If water soaked your carpets, I bet the BCM got wet as well. I would pull the seats and the carpet and let it air out. Get as much water as you can up with towels and then put a fan or a hair dryer on the wet areas. If there is any dampness in the carpet padding, be sure and spray it with some Lysol to prevent mold and mildew from forming later on of you will have a hell of a stench on the inside of your car. Good luck with it.

Get notified of new replies

To Drove through flooded streets

Quick Reply: [Z06] Drove through flooded streets