Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Z06 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Z06 Discussion
General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LS7 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
FrankTank
CF Senior Member
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13
 
FrankTank's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2004
Location: Buffalo Grove IL
Default Dyno Results WCCH Heads Stock Cam

Got the tune and 4 Dyno pulls done. I am working on getting file uploaded so you can see the actual chart, stay tuned but for now:

07 Z06 26k miles stock cam.
Mods
Halltech MF103
WCCH Stage II heads( ported)
Melrose 1 7/8 LT's with catted xpipe
160 Tstat

Tune was done by FLP Motorsports. Dan who tuned my C5 back in the day is somewhat of a conservative tuner. He told me bone stock Z's dyno on his dynojet average anywhere from 420RWHP-450RWHP

My baseline pull (with the above mods) was 459RWHP 437RWTQ
After tune with mods 474RWHP 452TQ (SAE corrected)

.

I will also say before the tune my car was actually running lean so I had a lean code CEL, and of course the CEL was on for highflow cats
Overall I am happy with the car, it didn't get to 500RWHP, but the car drives perfect, and the tune did definitely wake the car up. I could not push it too hard on the way home as we are getting soaked with rain..hit a few dry spots and blipped the throttle and you can tell.





69F , 28%humidity

Last edited by FrankTank; 05-03-2013 at 05:58 PM.
FrankTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Quick Silver Z
CF Senior Member
No-IL Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14
 
Quick Silver Z's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2007
Location: Upper Right Side of Illinois
Default

Congrats Tank!
Quick Silver Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
'06 Quicksilver Z06
CF Senior Member
 
'06 Quicksilver Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTank View Post
Got the tune and 4 Dyno pulls done. I am working on getting file uploaded so you can see the actual chart, stay tuned but for now:

07 Z06 26k miles stock cam.
Mods
Halltech MF103
WCCH Stage II heads( ported)
Melrose 1 7/8 LT's with catted xpipe
160 Tstat

Tune was done by FLP Motorsports. Dan who tuned my C5 back in the day is somewhat of a conservative tuner. He told me bone stock Z's dyno on his dynojet average anywhere from 420RWHP-450RWHP

My baseline pull (with the above mods) was 459RWHP 437RWTQ
After tune with mods 474RWHP 452TQ (SAE corrected)

.

I will also say before the tune my car was actually running lean so I had a lean code CEL, and of course the CEL was on for highflow cats
Overall I am happy with the car, it didn't get to 500RWHP, but the car drives perfect, and the tune did definitely wake the car up. I could not push it too hard on the way home as we are getting soaked with rain..hit a few dry spots and blipped the throttle and you can tell.

Great results Frank, most important thing is that she is solid.
'06 Quicksilver Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
LS9Drew
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area CA
Default

Not bad man, and my car ran very lean prior to my tune when I did basically same mods (excepted added ported intake also). Which is why tuner and installer specifically told me never to get on it until we tune it
LS9Drew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #5
DaOtherOne
CF Senior Member
 
DaOtherOne's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2008
Location: Fairfax VA
Default

DaOtherOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #6
FrankTank
CF Senior Member
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13
 
FrankTank's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2004
Location: Buffalo Grove IL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06 View Post
Great results Frank, most important thing is that she is solid.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LS7 DREW View Post
Not bad man, and my car ran very lean prior to my tune when I did basically same mods (excepted added ported intake also). Which is why tuner and installer specifically told me never to get on it until we tune it
Yea I've been driving on it for 2 weeks without the tune , not daily just here and there but never got on it hard or got even close to redline, now I am glad I didn't !
FrankTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #7
FrankTank
CF Senior Member
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13
 
FrankTank's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2004
Location: Buffalo Grove IL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Silver Z View Post
Congrats Tank!
Thanks Bob. Too bad this weather blows!!! 40 and Rain!! Gotta love Chit-town/burbs weather in may.
FrankTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #8
LS9Drew
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTank View Post




Yea I've been driving on it for 2 weeks without the tune , not daily just here and there but never got on it hard or got even close to redline, now I am glad I didn't !
Basically how long I waited as well and drove it. But now you can go enjoy it when it dries up for you
LS9Drew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #9
Mopar Jimmy
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '06
 
Mopar Jimmy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2001
Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Silver Z View Post
Congrats Tank!


Now you can REALLY enjoy your car buddy without worrying about a thing!
__________________
2006 Black C6 Z06, black powder coated rims, CAI; B&B Bullet Exhaust, and of course 427 Badges ; Mopar Jimmy is back with a daily driver 2008 Dodge Challenger, 450hp Hemi SRT8, runs 12.7s with bolt ons, & a mean, Ralleye Green, 1969 Plymouth Road Runner machine, 600hp 505 ci, black steel wheels & black fiberglass 6-pack lift off hood. Thanks and Praise to GOD!
Mopar Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #10
'06 Quicksilver Z06
CF Senior Member
 
'06 Quicksilver Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy View Post


Now you can REALLY enjoy your car buddy without worrying about a thing!
and for a long time to come, and that's huge.
'06 Quicksilver Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #11
LFZ
CF Senior Member
 
LFZ's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2003
Location: Charlotte NC
Default

Frank....honestly....just how stock does the car drive? I mean overall. Great numbers and exact build I want to do but don't want to sacrifice any sort of drivability and comfort.
LFZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #12
FrankTank
CF Senior Member
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13
 
FrankTank's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2004
Location: Buffalo Grove IL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy View Post


Now you can REALLY enjoy your car buddy without worrying about a thing!
Yeap it is nice to have this done and pick up some extra HP,

unfortunately my next adventure now will be possibly trackling the Tranny...somehow my Syncrhos in R I think are f'd...every now and then when I go into R , it makes loud noise like it does not want to engage and then it will pop into R. All forward gears are fine and have no issues. it doesn't do it every time though. so we'll see.
FrankTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #13
FrankTank
CF Senior Member
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13
 
FrankTank's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2004
Location: Buffalo Grove IL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFZ View Post
Frank....honestly....just how stock does the car drive? I mean overall. Great numbers and exact build I want to do but don't want to sacrifice any sort of drivability and comfort.
If I didn't tell you it had a tune and let you drive it, other than it "feeling " faster and better throttle response you would not know its tuned. To someone who has never driven a Z before, they would never know its tuned. It behaves identical to stock. My car (even before the tune) has always idle hunted just a tad, it still does that, but from what I;ve told a lot of LS7's do it, its just nature of the beast.
FrankTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #14
'06 Quicksilver Z06
CF Senior Member
 
'06 Quicksilver Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTank View Post
If I didn't tell you it had a tune and let you drive it, other than it "feeling " faster and better throttle response you would not know its tuned. To someone who has never driven a Z before, they would never know its tuned. It behaves identical to stock.
That is key.

Now you know you have a good tune in it too, i.e. you trust the tune.

It really is a good feeling, getting your car back and knowing that it is as solid as any LS1, LS2 or LS3 out there, and that even out of warranty, you are now no more at risk for catastrophe than is anyone else with one of those cars.
'06 Quicksilver Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #15
Vette @ 71
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Location: Columbia Maryland
Default

Frank , hard to read the A/F . Could you read off the values at 500 rpm intervals..Thanks
Vette @ 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #16
FrankTank
CF Senior Member
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13
 
FrankTank's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2004
Location: Buffalo Grove IL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette @ 71 View Post
Frank , hard to read the A/F . Could you read off the values at 500 rpm intervals..Thanks
Did you try clicking on the graph? It will enlarge then you can see it better. I'll repost larger if needed, that will be quicker than me typing it out
FrankTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #17
propain
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14
 
propain's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2012
Default

Congrats frank. Im confused though. Did you have a bad tune before? Were the baseline numbers 100% stock?
propain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #18
FrankTank
CF Senior Member
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13
 
FrankTank's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2004
Location: Buffalo Grove IL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by propain View Post
Congrats frank. Im confused though. Did you have a bad tune before? Were the baseline numbers 100% stock?
Those baseline numbers are with the mods and no tune.
FrankTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #19
propain
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14
 
propain's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTank View Post
Those baseline numbers are with the mods and no tune.
Nice pickup then. Were the baseline and the tune done on the same day?
propain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #20
FrankTank
CF Senior Member
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13
 
FrankTank's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2004
Location: Buffalo Grove IL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by propain View Post
Nice pickup then. Were the baseline and the tune done on the same day?
Yeap this morning actually. We did 4 pulls, 1 base line.. 1 with tune, then let it cool down for a bit , 3rd pull with tune, then the 4th pull right after the 3rd almost to see how it would pull with it hotter to see if it was pulling any timing etc.
It was pretty cool actually so the low humidity, and 69 degree temp I am sure helped a bit.
FrankTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:51 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Z06 Discussion
Reload this Page Dyno Results WCCH Heads Stock Cam
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random Pics of my Z06 FrankTank C6 Corvette General Discussion 21 07-22-2013 10:29 PM
test for Z06 pics FrankTank Testing 0 07-21-2013 10:55 PM
test chart FrankTank Testing 1 05-03-2013 07:37 PM
Baseline Dyno Pulls Katech Torquer '06 Quicksilver Z06 C6 Z06 Discussion 167 10-30-2012 11:15 AM
New stable mate for the vette FrankTank C6 Corvette General Discussion 27 09-03-2012 02:47 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 PM.


Emails & Password Backup

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2