Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Motor Mounts are Leaking

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 03:07 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Default Motor Mounts are Leaking

Both my motor mounts are leaking.

Does anyone know what happens, what drivability issues there are when your mounts fail. Is it unsafe to drive. Can it cause damage to other components. Do they cause any popping or other sounds you can hear in the car?

How big a job is it to replace them???

Lately.......... PS pump, ABS unit, Rear Hub today, and now Motor Mounts.

Anyone have some low mile motor mounts for sale ??

ARE THESE SAME AS OEM:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAIR-Engine-Mounts-Front-Hydraulic-Version-Fits-97-11-Chevrolet-Corvette-/350762753349?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACorvette%7CSubmodel%3AZ06&hash=item51ab16dd45&vxp=mtr

DH

Last edited by Dirty Howie; 04-21-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:17 AM
z0sicktanner
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stock mounts have a fluid that looks like oil when they are about done. it shouldn't hurt anything if it just started leaking.but I would fix before track day, not a big job, you got to get the car off the ground to get to them. I would buy these. Hinson urethane mounts, if I remember right there about $240 but not sure. they are a vendor on this site username hinsonsupercars his name is seth I've used there mounts for a while nice upgrade over the stock mount

Last edited by z0sicktanner; 04-21-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:44 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I would replace them soon. Don't want to mess other things up from the motor moving all over.

Hinson mounts are nice. I use them and so far have no issues. I've heard WAY too many complaints about the other brand.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:49 AM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I road in a heavily mod'd Z, big cam, with the Hinson motor mounts. It was actually very pleasant riding in it. Not much NVH even with that heavily mod'd motor. I am doing the Hinson motor mounts in mine and the Pfadt tranny mount. I had a little bit of "wetness" around one of my mounts when working on the heads.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:39 PM
briancb1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteDiamond
I road in a heavily mod'd Z, big cam, with the Hinson motor mounts. It was actually very pleasant riding in it. Not much NVH even with that heavily mod'd motor. I am doing the Hinson motor mounts in mine and the Pfadt tranny mount. I had a little bit of "wetness" around one of my mounts when working on the heads.
I have the Hinson Motor and Pfadt trans mounts.

Feels great, shifts much cleaner too.

Only gripe is the Pfadt trans mounts arnt to the exact dimensions as stock and my B&B axle back system doesn't fit as well anymore :-(

I had to shift it over so it wouldn't hit the oil cooler.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Treadhead
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Ive got a set of stock motor mounts if youre interested. about 20k miles on them. PM me an offer if so.

Otherwise, i've got pfadt motor/trans mounts and while theres slightly more vibration, I definitely wouldnt call it unbearable. My motor is cammed fwiw.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:26 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by z0sicktanner
The stock mounts have a fluid that looks like oil when they are about done. it shouldn't hurt anything if it just started leaking.but I would fix before track day, not a big job, you got to get the car off the ground to get to them. I would buy these. Hinson urethane mounts, if I remember right there about $240 but not sure. they are a vendor on this site username hinsonsupercars his name is seth I've used there mounts for a while nice upgrade over the stock mount
Chad

I was looking at these last night. Just worried about noise/vibration. Car is my track and DD so sees at least 400 street miles EVERY week.

What do you think?

DH
Old 04-21-2013, 07:30 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Unreal
I would replace them soon. Don't want to mess other things up from the motor moving all over.

Hinson mounts are nice. I use them and so far have no issues. I've heard WAY too many complaints about the other brand.
I'm planning on it.

Just trying to figure out if the Hinsons make sense for a DD.

DH
Old 04-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by WhiteDiamond
I'm going to leave the tranny mounts. Should this be a problem with the Hinson motor mounts installed?

I never had a complaint about the stock mounts until now. What exactly am I going to gain at the track to make DD miles less comforting.

DH
Old 04-21-2013, 07:36 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Treadhead
Ive got a set of stock motor mounts if youre interested. about 20k miles on them. PM me an offer if so.

Otherwise, i've got pfadt motor/trans mounts and while theres slightly more vibration, I definitely wouldnt call it unbearable. My motor is cammed fwiw.
What year car?

Anyone know if these thing age with time or just with use??

DH
Old 04-21-2013, 07:54 PM
z0sicktanner
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
Chad

I was looking at these last night. Just worried about noise/vibration. Car is my track and DD so sees at least 400 street miles EVERY week.

What do you think?

DH
these are in my car no vibration at all I dd mine to. this is the main reason I like their mounts unlike the soild ones that will cause some vibration. these mounts will take a beating
Old 04-21-2013, 08:03 PM
z0sicktanner
Drifting

I'm going to leave the tranny mounts. Should this be a problem with the Hinson motor mounts installed?

I never had a complaint about the stock mounts until now. What exactly am I going to gain at the track to make DD miles less comforting.

DH
Not at all ....even with my big cam that shakes the hole car no vibration none...
Old 04-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by z0sicktanner
these are in my car no vibration at all I dd mine to. this is the main reason I like their mounts unlike the soild ones that will cause some vibration. these mounts will take a beating
So the only benefit to the urethane is durability? Its not going to add performance in any way?

DH
Old 04-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

ARE THESE SAME AS STOCK ???????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAIR-Engine-Mounts-Front-Hydraulic-Version-Fits-97-11-Chevrolet-Corvette-/350762753349?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACorvette%7CSubmodel%3AZ06&hash=item51ab16dd45&vxp=mtr

DH
Old 04-21-2013, 08:46 PM
CGZO6
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 180 Posts

Yes they are. I'd get the Hinson mounts FWIW.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:52 PM
z0sicktanner
Drifting

So the only benefit to the urethane is durability? Its not going to add performance in any way?

DH
Correct, the mounts you have posted are the same as the stocks ones
Old 04-21-2013, 09:52 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

DH
I was told there is NO problem just switching over to the engine mounts and leaving the stock tranny mount. I was told that the Pfadt tranny mount is better than the Hinson, but the reasons seemed to be more a personal taste than based in operation.

Mine is going to continue to be a daily driver and I have no reservations about putting in the Hinsons at this point. The Z I road in has every reason to be very uncomfortable inside, but it was actually very composed and felt like only a slight bit more NVH was being transmitted inside(this is with a HUGE cam).

Get notified of new replies

To Motor Mounts are Leaking

Old 04-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Well you guys sure seem hyped on the Hinson urethane mounts.

Will these last 126K miles, 60 track days and 5 years like my stock ones did??????

DH
Old 04-22-2013, 12:16 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Check out this thread in the Racing Section

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...ghlight=hinson

One guy reports melting a set of Hinson mount !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Dirty Howie; 04-22-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:19 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

hinson ones are great

Quick Reply: [Z06] Motor Mounts are Leaking