Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Need recommendation for tire replacement Houston area.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 11:40 AM
jcchevy
Pro

Received 248 Likes on 105 Posts

Default Need recommendation for tire replacement Houston area.

I have an 09 Z06 with 15K miles on the original GYs. The tread depth is near the replacement point. Based on all that I have read on the forum, I have decided to go with the the Mich PSS. The best prices I have found have been at Discount Tire. I have dealt with them on my DD vehicles and their service has been fine. However, I am looking for anyone that might have dealt with or can recommend one of their dealerships in the Tomball, Magnolia, or Woodlands area. I prefer to have the replacement done by a shop with some exprience with the Z. Any help or recommendation would be appreciated.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:42 AM
wolf8218
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Discount tires.

They will match prices. Buy a warranty for the tires as well.

Paid 425 for my 325 MPSS. Just ask for the manager and ask him if he will accept that price.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:59 AM
AzMotorhead
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 97 Likes on 68 Posts

I just oredered a set of MPSS's in 285/345 for my Z 1644 was my price from Discount. This includes Certs
Old 04-04-2013, 04:29 PM
KING_PIN6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcchevy
i have an 09 z06 with 15k miles on the original gys. The tread depth is near the replacement point. Based on all that i have read on the forum, i have decided to go with the the mich pss. The best prices i have found have been at discount tire. I have dealt with them on my dd vehicles and their service has been fine. However, i am looking for anyone that might have dealt with or can recommend one of their dealerships in the tomball, magnolia, or woodlands area. I prefer to have the replacement done by a shop with some exprience with the z. Any help or recommendation would be appreciated.

i would choose nitto invo,,iv been used them sinse august 2012 and it runs pretty good
Old 04-04-2013, 05:00 PM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,499 Likes on 2,593 Posts

Originally Posted by KING_PIN6
i would choose nitto invo,,iv been used them sinse august 2012 and it runs pretty good
The Invo is cheaper, but nowhere near the grip of the PSS and probably comparable tread life for both.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:16 PM
KING_PIN6
Racer

Originally Posted by azdave47
the invo is cheaper, but nowhere near the grip of the pss and probably comparable tread life for both.

pss not worth buying my friend..i would still choose invo its cheaper with good grip and it really takes street racing and its more comfy on the roads
Old 04-04-2013, 05:34 PM
wolf8218
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pss not worth buying my friend..i would still choose invo its cheaper with good grip and it really takes street racing and its more comfy on the roads
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even when they're wrong.

EDIT: For the record - I've had both on my car. Night and day. Michelin all the way.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:45 PM
KING_PIN6
Racer

Originally Posted by wolf8218
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even when they're wrong.

EDIT: For the record - I've had both on my car. Night and day. Michelin all the way.

man its all up to you some people prefer other brand ,,iv been used michillen its not bad but its not worth the mony>just opinion
Old 04-04-2013, 07:45 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

The OP is asking for recommendation on install, as I read it, not another thread on what tire.......

OP,

I have used a Discount Tire off of 2920 for the last several years and they claim they can do my Z06. I am probably doing tires on it this year, but I have not had them do the Z. They have done all my other vehicles, even multiple times, and have not damaged a wheel yet. I always ask them to make sure everything is protected and we inspect the wheels before the work. They know I am serious about it and I believe that is the key.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:55 PM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

man its all up to you some people prefer other brand ,,iv been used michillen its not bad but its not worth the mony>just opinion
You must really go thru tires then. The PSS did not become available for our Z's until Feb. 1, 2012. I also have NT-05's which have more grip that the Invo's and the PSS have much more grip that the NT-05's.

The Invo's are fine for cost, ride and tread wear as a highway tire. It is not accepted in real high speed events due to it's Z-speed rating (149MPH).
Old 04-04-2013, 08:17 PM
jcchevy
Pro

Received 248 Likes on 105 Posts

Thanks for the response and recommendation for the dealer. That particular location is near me. I apologize for starting another string on the best tire. I know that there are several out there and I have read most of them. Thanks for all your input, it is appreciated.

For the record, my Z has been flawless but as you can see (by tire wear), I don't drive it hard. I always let oil temp get to >140 before I push it all. I do have a warranty until 08/2015!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:19 PM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the response and recommendation for the dealer. That particular location is near me. I apologize for starting another string on the best tire. I know that there are several out there and I have read most of them. Thanks for all your input, it is appreciated.

For the record, my Z has been flawless but as you can see (by tire wear), I don't drive it hard. I always let oil temp get to >140 before I push it all. I do have a warranty until 08/2015!
Sorry for taking this to tire selection as you had already made your decision. I think you will be very pleased with the PSS.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:15 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I have heard that Corvette of Houston has a good recommend on a tire mounting shop as well. I have not called them, but I am going to take a guess that whatever shop it is, it has to be up here on the north side somewhere.

Get notified of new replies

To Need recommendation for tire replacement Houston area.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Need recommendation for tire replacement Houston area.