Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Dear G.M.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 04:40 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08
On yes I'm doing my heads on my 2008 soon!
I will follow the Quick plan! My 2006 still has GMPP
till 8-2015! Still would like to see the right thing happen!
That GM call them all back to replace the heads!
Since your "warranty", would right now only get you a new set of castings, but the reinstallation of your old valves, springs and retainers, and that's if your dealer could get their hands on a set of castings right now, do yourself a favor.

Cash the remainder of that warranty in and get your heads done right the first time, if you're planning on keeping it.

GM's warranty "fix" for this matter, which includes the replacement of the stock castings, and reusing what they want, or can, of the rest of the valves, springs and retainers, likely makes the most sense for two types of people.

1. Those who don't plan on keeping the car any length of time, and are looking to reset the clock until they can trade the car in , sell it and/or move into something else.

2. Those looking to get at least some kind of, any kind of "fix" for this matter, and with it, some degree of peace of mind, as long as it's free.

It doesn't matter to them if it was the same exact thing that they just had and that went bad in short order. They just want something, anything, as long as they don't have to pay. And as long as they didn't have to pay, well they feel like they made out.

People like getting free stuff. Tell them to objectively evaluate just what it was that they got for free, and ask themselves just why they got it for free, and well, they don't want to hear that.

And this is what GM is counting on, because it buys them time too. Time enough for the car to go out of warranty. They want the customer to think that his problem is solved.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 03-24-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

GM bill; I'll let you know that.
" (another reason for driving a Vs letting it sit still and slowly revert back to the base element from which it was built)
is truly a retarded train of thought since you stepped in here with limited comprehension!

Shezz you must work for or have stock in GM!
Have much more comprehension than your limited vocabulary can handle. My suggestion was on how you could improve on what I thought you were saying. If you can't take helpful criticism you shouldn't post something written that badly. Maybe you should go back to grade school and spend some time in the English teacher's class. As for my comment about letting them sit that was a tongue in cheek comment.

I own the same amount of GM stock as every other citizen of the US does. I think it is somewhere around 25% of the company stock depending on how much the government sold lately. When you bad mouth them by stating things that aren't true you are bad mouthing your wallet.

Maybe you should use the wetware between your ears before you snap at somebody trying to help you.

Bill
Old 03-24-2013, 05:12 PM
66L72
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

After watching the F1 race and the indycar raceand having a few cocktails and no lunch, this thread was a hoot to read

Partially I guess because the reworked heads with bronze guides and SS valves etc went on my car yesterday.

Thanks for the entertainment.......going to mix another.....

Old 03-24-2013, 05:16 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 66L72
After watching the F1 race and the indycar raceand having a few cocktails and no lunch, this thread was a hoot to read

Partially I guess because the reworked heads with bronze guides and SS valves etc went on my car yesterday.

Congrats 66L72.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:28 PM
1BADLS3
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Have much more comprehension than your limited vocabulary can handle. My suggestion was on how you could improve on what I thought you were saying. If you can't take helpful criticism you shouldn't post something written that badly. Maybe you should go back to grade school and spend some time in the English teacher's class. As for my comment about letting them sit that was a tongue in cheek comment.

I own the same amount of GM stock as every other citizen of the US does. I think it is somewhere around 25% of the company stock depending on how much the government sold lately. When you bad mouth them by stating things that aren't true you are bad mouthing your wallet.

Maybe you should use the wetware between your ears before you snap at somebody trying to help you.

Bill
Old 03-24-2013, 05:51 PM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They don't care about you. Even if they knew , they won't say anything. It's business man. Sux but truth
Old 03-24-2013, 06:14 PM
z0sicktanner
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We the Corvette Forum undersigned here represent ten's of thousands of Corvette owner's!

We have the hard facts that show that the factory Ls-7 cylinder heads
are manufactured defective. Causing the engine to sieze-up from the exhaust valve head breaking from the stem and lodging in the cylinder heads. This has happened to our personal knowledge to hundreds or more Ls-7's from 2006-2011 engines.
We have went to G.M..
Instead of being of doing a proper recall and checking all Ls-7's.
They maybe will repair if all avenues to deny service fails!
They say it is only few idiots on the internet just limited to them!

The care less attitude is COSTING G.M. nothing but money!
Many many owners here will never buy another new G.M. product
let alone a C-7 with the same type of valve.
unless you do a recall on the ls-7's My business is gone as far as a new new G.M. product.
Please sign up here if feel G.M. is being a poor company!
It is to the point where every Ls-7 owner is concerned
Then lets each pay to someone to hold $100.00 each! We can easy collect
enough and have evidence to get a suit going. We also have a few
good lawyers that own Z06's maybe some lost an engine!
Great post op I got 500 I will put in
Old 03-24-2013, 06:24 PM
z0sicktanner
Drifting

Originally Posted by 04_Z06_CE
They don't care about you. Even if they knew , they won't say anything. It's business man. Sux but truth
true but the only way to win is get ppl together. same with this government we have...ppl better wake up and stand up for your rights before they are all gone.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:24 PM
azZ06Mike
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '11

Good luck Government motors does not care!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Macattack
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Yep, owned 5 corvettes, 3 avalanches and was about to buy an Arcadia for the wife unit until i had to sink $$ on the heads. I'm in for 100 bucks, Oh- And Jeep Grand Cherokee here we come!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:30 PM
1BADLS3
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Macattack
Yep, owned 5 corvettes, 3 avalanches and was about to buy an Arcadia for the wife unit until i had to sink $$ on the heads. I'm in for 100 bucks, Oh- And Jeep Grand Cherokee here we come!
Who makes an Arcadia? Never heard of them before?
Old 03-24-2013, 06:37 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Macattack
You get the heads back yet?
Old 03-24-2013, 06:37 PM
z0sicktanner
Drifting

Originally Posted by azZ06Mike
Good luck Government motors does not care!
but if we get enough ppl together to burn their a** they will hell i would be more than happy to go to court and put 500 in the pot
Old 03-24-2013, 06:43 PM
C6z06man
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 66L72

Same here!! Sunday Funday!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:59 PM
spicytuna
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I truly sympathize with you Rock'n, but we're just tiny fish in a pond. Even if you collected a large sum of money and acquired a law firm to take on this case, they'd be no match for the army of lawyers awaiting at GM.

If you truly love your C6Z, you'd be much better off putting the time and money towards a rebuild of your heads. Otherwise, you may want to consider selling the car and voting with your dollar by buying into the competition.

I'm going with the first option myself but you can be damn sure that I won't forget this when it comes time to replacing my DD!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:28 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
Dear Rock'n Blue 08

This is the trash man.

I got your letter when it fell from the bottom of GM's garbage can as we emptied their trash.

There is a member on the Corvette Forum, who goes by the name of '06 Quicksilver Z06.

He is all seeing and all knowing when it comes to the matter in question.......really, about everything.... even stuff not related to cars.

Follow his every word, and hang on to his every bit of advice when it comes to the management of this matter.

We had a similar thing like this happen in our fleet of garbage trucks. They were also wearing out valve guides, failing on our routes, windowing engine blocks, and making it difficult for us to meet our obligations.

'06 Quicksilver Z06, recommended that we pull the heads on every one of them and have the valve guides replaced with bronze guides, and to use stainless steel valves.

Since then, we have not had any problems, and it is just by divine providence, that we were riding in a truck which we recently did this fix on, when we were on the route to GM, lifted their dumpster, emptied it and discovered your letter at the bottom.

Anyway, that's '06 Quicksilver Z06. You'll find him on the Corvette Forum. Tell him that we sent you.

Ralph.
But it a dam shame that has to be done and those unsuspecting owners whose out of warranty usually pay dearly. It's the fact GM ignores us (here on this forum) implying that we're a group naysayers and there's nothing else going on here.

Add: In the GM response sticky up top....(I'm referring to)...
Old 03-24-2013, 08:35 PM
z0sicktanner
Drifting

Originally Posted by spicytuna
I truly sympathize with you Rock'n, but we're just tiny fish in a pond. Even if you collected a large sum of money and acquired a law firm to take on this case, they'd be no match for the army of lawyers awaiting at GM.

If you truly love your C6Z, you'd be much better off putting the time and money towards a rebuild of your heads. Otherwise, you may want to consider selling the car and voting with your dollar by buying into the competition.

I'm going with the first option myself but you can be damn sure that I won't forget this when it comes time to replacing my DD!
In bold is the problem. too many ppl think like this. as long as we do nothing nothing will be done...and I'm not just saying this about blown motors but the shadow government that runs this country. to much proof is out there would be easy to win. we just need ppl with some ba**s

Last edited by z0sicktanner; 03-24-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Dear G.M.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:42 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '12

GM bill; I'll let you know that.
" (another reason for driving a Vs letting it sit still and slowly revert back to the base element from which it was built)
is truly a retarded train of thought since you stepped in here with limited comprehension!
Maybe you should read this http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...confirmed.html

Supporting them! you don't really have a clue if you don't think there is a problem with the heads and that GM is in total denial about it!
Cars with 10k and bad heads running around! Causing a lot of heads to rebuilt GM wants NO part of paying to repair! I have two to check!
Only one has warranty!

Shezz you must work for or have stock in GM!
To Rock n Roll...

Let it go dude. I have to agree w/others...poorly written....it's certainly not anything to haggle over....but I think all here understand your point and frustration.

Attacking Bill is not gonna go anywhere....he too lost a engine.

The point is if a letter is going to be sent, it DOES need to be factual and UN-emotional....otherwise, it's pointless to put forth the effort.

I would wager that at least 90% here agree w/what you trying to say.....this is not intended to inflame you either.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:46 PM
z0sicktanner
Drifting

Originally Posted by tim414
To Rock n Roll...

Let it go dude. I have to agree w/others...poorly written....it's certainly not anything to haggle over....but I think all here understand your point and frustration.

Attacking Bill is not gonna go anywhere....he too lost a engine.

The point is if a letter is going to be sent, it DOES need to be factual and UN-emotional....otherwise, it's pointless to put forth the effort.

I would wager that at least 90% here agree w/what you trying to say.....this is not intended to inflame you either.

then why dont ppl do somthing about it????????
Old 03-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Macattack
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
You get the heads back yet?
Ups tracking for tomorrow, we will see with the weather, if so ill be there in the PM!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Dear G.M.