Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Passenger door opening from inside issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 10:07 AM
ralphsmithiii
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Passenger door opening from inside issue

I've been searching through pages of posts in this forum trying to find the same issue I'm having with my Z. From the side of the car, the passenger door sometimes takes many pushes of the button to open the door correctly. You can hear it opening the door every time so I'm assuming the button isn't bad. At first, I just assumed my girlfriend wasn't pushing the door open when she was pressing the button but that's not the case.

I thought I read the lock on the actual chassis can wear out over time but couldn't find a post or part number if that's the case. All other posts regarding doors that I found were about replacing the outside pad for those who had issues getting into their cars.

Any suggestions/part numbers, etc would be greatly appreciated
Old 03-15-2013, 11:32 AM
blackc6z
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ralphsmithiii
I've been searching through pages of posts in this forum trying to find the same issue I'm having with my Z. From the side of the car, the passenger door sometimes takes many pushes of the button to open the door correctly. You can hear it opening the door every time so I'm assuming the button isn't bad. At first, I just assumed my girlfriend wasn't pushing the door open when she was pressing the button but that's not the case.

I thought I read the lock on the actual chassis can wear out over time but couldn't find a post or part number if that's the case. All other posts regarding doors that I found were about replacing the outside pad for those who had issues getting into their cars.

Any suggestions/part numbers, etc would be greatly appreciated
I am having the same problem with the same door, hope we get some insight to what is causing this problem.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

ralphsmithiii,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. I have researched 2007 Corvette vehicles, however, there are currently no known issues as you’ve described within my resources at this time.

I recommend having the vehicle inspected by a certified technician. They will be able to offer an official diagnosis, and repair option(s), after inspecting the vehicle.

If you need assistance locating a technician near you, please PM me your zip code for a listing.

Louis (assisting Evan)
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 03-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

There is an actuator mechanism/motor in the door that can either fail or become partially inoperative (dirt/debris),
along with the external doorpad switch that can fail. The latter would obviously affect door-latch operation from
outside the car.

Get notified of new replies

To Passenger door opening from inside issue

Quick Reply: [Z06] Passenger door opening from inside issue