Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Which route to go?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 05:35 AM
mulalleybs
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Which route to go?

I've seen some really nice c6zs with low miles for 45-48k and I've seen some decent shape ones with 60-70k miles for 33-35k.

I'm debating getting the cheaper car then maybe spending up to 10k on a HKE or some other companies N/A motor. I'd like around 600rwhp N/A at least.

I'm trying to figure out what the best decision is and would like some forum input.

Thanks,
Brett
Old 03-07-2013, 07:01 AM
ClarksZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

If your really wanting to make that much power then I would go with the short block with the least amount of miles.
More peace of mind. IMO
Old 03-07-2013, 08:10 AM
JwT
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
I've seen some really nice c6zs with low miles for 45-48k and I've seen some decent shape ones with 60-70k miles for 33-35k.

I'm debating getting the cheaper car then maybe spending up to 10k on a HKE or some other companies N/A motor. I'd like around 600rwhp N/A at least.

I'm trying to figure out what the best decision is and would like some forum input.

Thanks,
Brett
Well there's good and bad with your Ideals. Any of the mileage cars and is some cases newer cars with very low miles may have valve guide issues. I would say that buying any of the cars your looking at are starting to have issues and may have to be addressed. Trying to determine what may go wrong on a Z06 is like trying to win the lottery.

I would say that 10k would be a good number to just fix possible issues. You can forget the new motor and 600hp until you make sure that the electrical, rear end, transmission, torque tube, clutch, heads, brakes, tires, and any other ghosts don't flash up.

Maybe down the line you can go for that 600hp. I would buy another used Z but I know what to expect with my 07 that I have now. Op you have to remember what your buying here. The Z06 when running right and with very few mods will run flat out about 200 mph. That's supercar status. But because of that status the cars a little expensive to maintain. Tires alone are 2k, the tranny rebuilt 3k, rear end WOW, heads fixed 2.5k and electric bugs can be a pain. Know what your buying here and be careful with the monster until you know what your doing. Just my 2cents...

Last edited by JwT; 03-07-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Which route to go?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Which route to go?