Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Heads installed, thumbs up VengeanceR

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 09:16 PM
mazeroth
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads installed, thumbs up VengeanceR

Like many others, I was worried about the condition of my valves/guides. It got to the point where I didn't want to drive the car because I was afraid of having to dish out 12k for a new engine. Talked to the wife and she agreed - since my plan is to keep the car for many years to come we decided to go ahead and get the heads done for peace of mind and to increase the cars reliability.

I have an 08 z06 with about 30k miles on it. I've only taken it to the track once but go to the mountains and the dragons tail multiple times a year. It has intake, header, cam, tune and suspension upgrades. All the work has been done at Vengeance Racing.

I went to Vengeance Racing and got their WCCH package with all the goodies (ss exhaust valvues, bronze guides, dual valve springs, etc) and you can't imagine how pleased I am with the results. First the dyno:

550 was when the cam was installed last year, 520 was the dyno before the heads were installed which seemed pretty low for some reason, and 570 was after the heads install. The heads were installed three weeks ago.

The car drives more stock like (don't know if it's the tune, heads, both). The car didn't like 1.5k rpm after the cam so I had to start keeping the car in lower gears than I did when stock. 4th instead of 5th, 5th instead of 6th, etc in certain roads. Now I'm back to driving like I did when stock, I keep it in higher gears just fine. The car is overall much smoother.

It feels much faster as well. I was at the tail of the dragon recently and third gear is just brutal at any rpm. Second gear is just dangerous. I'm ready to try some DR's to take advantage of this power.

Best of all, I'm am once again confident and comfortable in driving my car. When I get in the driver seat, I'm no longer listening to noises and wondering - I just get in and enjoy the drive. I didn't want to do this mod at first thinking I'd be wasting my money if my guides were fine but even if they were fine, the car just feels much better than before making it worth it to me. And by the way, the guys at Vengeance said my valves were pretty loose.

I want to thank Kevin/Ron and the guys at Vengeance Racing for once again doing such a great job with my car and always making sure I feel like a valued customer. They take the time to make sure all my questions are answered and concerns met. They'll see me again when the mod bug bites once more.

Joey
Old 02-25-2013, 09:19 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mazeroth
Like many others, I was worried about the condition of my valves/guides. It got to the point where I didn't want to drive the car because I was afraid of having to dish out 12k for a new engine. Talked to the wife and she agreed - since my plan is to keep the car for many years to come we decided to go ahead and get the heads done for peace of mind and to increase the cars reliability.

I have an 08 z06 with about 30k miles on it. I've only taken it to the track once but go to the mountains and the dragons tail multiple times a year. It has intake, header, cam, tune and suspension upgrades. All the work has been done at Vengeance Racing.

I went to Vengeance Racing and got their WCCH package with all the goodies (ss exhaust valvues, bronze guides, dual valve springs, etc) and you can't imagine how pleased I am with the results. First the dyno:

550 was when the cam was installed last year, 520 was the dyno before the heads were installed which seemed pretty low for some reason, and 570 was after the heads install. The heads were installed three weeks ago.

The car drives more stock like (don't know if it's the tune, heads, both). The car didn't like 1.5k rpm after the cam so I had to start keeping the car in lower gears than I did when stock. 4th instead of 5th, 5th instead of 6th, etc in certain roads. Now I'm back to driving like I did when stock, I keep it in higher gears just fine. The car is overall much smoother.

It feels much faster as well. I was at the tail of the dragon recently and third gear is just brutal at any rpm. Second gear is just dangerous. I'm ready to try some DR's to take advantage of this power.

Best of all, I'm am once again confident and comfortable in driving my car. When I get in the driver seat, I'm no longer listening to noises and wondering - I just get in and enjoy the drive. I didn't want to do this mod at first thinking I'd be wasting my money if my guides were fine but even if they were fine, the car just feels much better than before making it worth it to me. And by the way, the guys at Vengeance said my valves were pretty loose.

I want to thank Kevin/Ron and the guys at Vengeance Racing for once again doing such a great job with my car and always making sure I feel like a valued customer. They take the time to make sure all my questions are answered and concerns met. They'll see me again when the mod bug bites once more.

Joey
Congrats on the new build Joey.

That's what it's all about. Restoring your confidence in the car. It's like having a new car.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:34 PM
JChastain
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome results Joey. I'm taking mine in on the 9th for heads. I'm cammed also so I'm looking forward to the gains. Also I have some NT05's/NT05R's if your interested.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Nice!!! I am in the process of fixing my possible LS7 head issue right now. Can't wait to have that same peace of mind you now have when you fire it up!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:28 AM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

Thank YOU Joey! Always a pleasure doing business with you sir!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:39 AM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanx for your continued support Joey!!! Glad to hear the positive feedback as well as your restored faith in your Z

Get notified of new replies

To Heads installed, thumbs up VengeanceR

Quick Reply: [Z06] Heads installed, thumbs up VengeanceR