Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Z06 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Z06 Discussion
General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LS7 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
Dirty Howie
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Dirty Howie's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2004
Default ABS Unit Leaking !!

PN on my unit: GM ASM PN 25886839 EBU(?) 25866840

My ABS is leaking from the fitting/port in RED.

Is this repairable?

Is there any reason this cannot be sealed with JB Weld?

Is there a function to this fitting/port?

Is there any solution other than replacement?

Is there a source other than new from GM?

Click the image to open in full size.


DH

Last edited by Dirty Howie; 02-03-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Dirty Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:36 AM   #2
'06 Quicksilver Z06
CF Senior Member
 
'06 Quicksilver Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Howie View Post
My ABS is leaking from the fitting/port in RED.

Is this repairable?

Is there any reason this cannot be sealed with JB Weld?

Is there a function to this fitting/port?

Is there any solution other than replacement?

Is there a source other than new from GM?

Click the image to open in full size.


DH
So, what it is you're needing? The modulator valve? Part #2? #89060303

http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/sho...ssembly=852894
Click the image to open in full size.


http://www.gmhightechperformance.com.../photo_10.html
Click the image to open in full size.

I'm not sure, but I think you might have to buy the whole kit, which is GM part #89060341, Part #89060303. That includes part #4 along with part #2.

At any rate, you'll need to do some shopping around Howie.

That part 89060341, the control module, runs $628.55 at GM Parts Direct. If you shop around, you can get it for less. The auction site, you can get it for about half that.

Part #89060303 the control modulator, runs $479.63 at GM Parts Direct.

Anyway, here is another diagram

http://store.gmpartshouse.com/parts/...agramCallOut=1

Hopefully you can get by with just part #89060303

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 02-03-2013 at 02:07 AM.
'06 Quicksilver Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:11 AM   #3
Dirty Howie
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Dirty Howie's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06 View Post
So, what it is you're needing? The modulator valve? Part #2? #89060303

http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/sho...ssembly=852894
Click the image to open in full size.


http://www.gmhightechperformance.com.../photo_10.html
Click the image to open in full size.

I'm not sure, but I think you might have to buy the whole kit, which is GM part #89060341, Part #89060303. That includes part #4 along with part #2.

At any rate, you'll need to do some shopping around Howie.

That part 89060341, the control module, runs $628.55 at GM Parts Direct. If you shop around, you can get it for less. The auction site, you can get it for about half that.

Part #89060303 the control modulator, runs $479.63 at GM Parts Direct.

Anyway, here is another diagram

http://store.gmpartshouse.com/parts/...agramCallOut=1

Hopefully you can get by with just part #89060303
Thanks for the help Ricky. My leak is from that recessed round port/fitting below where #5 is on main block part #2.

Im not clear which is which. Is the control modulator #2 or #4 ?


DH
Dirty Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:19 AM   #4
Dirty Howie
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Dirty Howie's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06 View Post
So, what it is you're needing? The modulator valve? Part #2? #89060303

http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/sho...ssembly=852894
Click the image to open in full size.


http://www.gmhightechperformance.com.../photo_10.html
Click the image to open in full size.

I'm not sure, but I think you might have to buy the whole kit, which is GM part #89060341, Part #89060303. That includes part #4 along with part #2.

At any rate, you'll need to do some shopping around Howie.

That part 89060341, the control module, runs $628.55 at GM Parts Direct. If you shop around, you can get it for less. The auction site, you can get it for about half that.

Part #89060303 the control modulator, runs $479.63 at GM Parts Direct.

Anyway, here is another diagram

http://store.gmpartshouse.com/parts/...agramCallOut=1

Hopefully you can get by with just part #89060303
Okay checked diagram and parts numbers. I see that the leak is in the modulator part which is less expensive than the control module part.

Thanks for those price checks.


DH
Dirty Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:20 AM   #5
'06 Quicksilver Z06
CF Senior Member
 
'06 Quicksilver Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Howie View Post
Thanks for the help Ricky. My leak is from that recessed round port/fitting below where #5 is on main block part #2.

Im not clear which is which. Is the control modulator #2 or #4 ?


DH
In the above diagram, it looks to be #2

In this one linked to below, it looks to be #2 as well.

The module in this diagram below is #1. or #4 in the above diagram

The module, or that back piece, is the more expensive of the two.

http://store.gmpartshouse.com/parts/...agramCallOut=1

I recall reading somewhere in the C5 section, a few of these going bad, and the owners getting good will repairs out of warranty.

If that doesn't work, then I have seen a few of these on the internet for sale.

But I'm almost certain that whenever you fool with that block, you need a Tech 2 when you go to bleed your brakes again.

That's why when people bleed their brakes, or change brake fluid, they never bother with that block and some of the old brake fluid remains in it.

Anyway, you might try the guys referenced in this thread too.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...ol-module.html

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 02-03-2013 at 02:45 AM.
'06 Quicksilver Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #6
383vett
CF Senior Member
 
383vett's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2003
Location: moraga ca
Default

The C5s did have a problem with the abs module. When I had an 02Z, I sent mine to a company back east (can't remember the name but can be found with a search). A lot of guys were sending them out for a rebuild for a couple hundred bucks. It took care of the problem and was much less than buying a new one.
383vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #7
Dirty Howie
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Dirty Howie's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383vett View Post
The C5s did have a problem with the abs module. When I had an 02Z, I sent mine to a company back east (can't remember the name but can be found with a search). A lot of guys were sending them out for a rebuild for a couple hundred bucks. It took care of the problem and was much less than buying a new one.
I think you are referring to absfixer.com which Ricky in the above link, and someone in my other thread pointed out.

But I can't have my car down while its removed, shipped, repaired and returned


DH
Dirty Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
'06 Quicksilver Z06
CF Senior Member
 
'06 Quicksilver Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Howie View Post
I think you are referring to absfixer.com which Ricky in the above link, and someone in my other thread pointed out.

But I can't have my car down while its removed, shipped, repaired and returned


DH
Simple matter.

You may be able to buy a core in here, or at a salvage yard, or they may have some ready to ship out.

Give them a call.
'06 Quicksilver Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #9
Dirty Howie
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Dirty Howie's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06 View Post
Simple matter.

You may be able to buy a core in here, or at a salvage yard, or they may have some ready to ship out.

Give them a call.
I put up a WTB thread and have found some on auction site .......

Will be checking later and tomorrow on prices. Likely will be close to same price buying use one in good condition as buying core and repairing. But am open to any ideas as long as its quick


DH
Dirty Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #10
Dirty Howie
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Dirty Howie's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06 View Post
So, what it is you're needing? The modulator valve? Part #2? #89060303

http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/sho...ssembly=852894
Click the image to open in full size.


http://www.gmhightechperformance.com.../photo_10.html
Click the image to open in full size.

I'm not sure, but I think you might have to buy the whole kit, which is GM part #89060341, Part #89060303. That includes part #4 along with part #2.

At any rate, you'll need to do some shopping around Howie.

That part 89060341, the control module, runs $628.55 at GM Parts Direct. If you shop around, you can get it for less. The auction site, you can get it for about half that.

Part #89060303 the control modulator, runs $479.63 at GM Parts Direct.

Anyway, here is another diagram

http://store.gmpartshouse.com/parts/...agramCallOut=1

Hopefully you can get by with just part #89060303
WHY IS THE PN ON MY UNIT DIFFERENT ????????
PN on my unit: GM ASM PN 25886839 EBU(?) 25866840


DH
Dirty Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #11
CanadaGrant
CF Senior Member
 
CanadaGrant's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2006
Location: Trail BC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Howie View Post
I think you are referring to absfixer.com which Ricky in the above link, and someone in my other thread pointed out.

But I can't have my car down while its removed, shipped, repaired and returned


DH
Your right Howie. Absfixer is for repair of the electronics card inside the abs module that was triggering an abs light in a bunch of C5's. It has nothing to do with a fluid leak in the actual unit.
CanadaGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #12
'06 Quicksilver Z06
CF Senior Member
 
'06 Quicksilver Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Howie View Post
WHY IS THE PN ON MY UNIT DIFFERENT ????????
PN on my unit: GM ASM PN 25886839 EBU(?) 25866840


DH
I don't know.

How much is it?
'06 Quicksilver Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #13
383vett
CF Senior Member
 
383vett's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2003
Location: moraga ca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Howie View Post
WHY IS THE PN ON MY UNIT DIFFERENT ????????
PN on my unit: GM ASM PN 25886839 EBU(?) 25866840


DH
Because you need to fine the pn of a leaky unit.
383vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #14
Dirty Howie
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Dirty Howie's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06 View Post
I don't know.

How much is it?
Ricky, can you or anyone else check the PN on their ABS units? Its easy to see. Drivers side, front of motor, in front of alternator.


DH
Dirty Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #15
Dirty Howie
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Dirty Howie's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383vett View Post
Because you need to fine the pn of a leaky unit.
Seriously, I need to figure out if there is more than one part number for this unit. If I buy a used one I need to know its right. And need to make this happen quickly.

I thought I would see the same PN that Ricky found but its not.


DH
Dirty Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #16
erick_e
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!
 
erick_e's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2006
Location: Clarksville, TN Raeford, NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Howie View Post
Seriously, I need to figure out if there is more than one part number for this unit. If I buy a used one I need to know its right. And need to make this happen quickly.

I thought I would see the same PN that Ricky found but its not.


DH
Howie,

From what I have seen, these units have multiple part numbers. The number on the unit, which you have seen as multiple part numbers are the manufacturer part number, and they change with the calibration level installed.

Just be sure to get one with the correct GM part number, which will probably not be identified on the unit.

It will probably have to be programmed to your VIN anyways.
erick_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #17
Dirty Howie
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Dirty Howie's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick_e View Post
Howie,

From what I have seen, these units have multiple part numbers. The number on the unit, which you have seen as multiple part numbers are the manufacturer part number, and they change with the calibration level installed.

Just be sure to get one with the correct GM part number, which will probably not be identified on the unit.

It will probably have to be programmed to your VIN anyways.
Erick

How am I supposed to know if I am getting the correct GM part number if it doesn't show on the unit ???????

So I am curious to see what other have for manufacturers PN. Can you check yours?

And I assume you mean the TechII will program the unit.

Man, this is confusing.

Thanks for your help


DH
Dirty Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #18
erick_e
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!
 
erick_e's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2006
Location: Clarksville, TN Raeford, NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Howie View Post
Erick

How am I supposed to know if I am getting the correct GM part number if it doesn't show on the unit ???????

So I am curious to see what other have for manufacturers PN. Can you check yours?

And I assume you mean the TechII will program the unit.

Man, this is confusing.

Thanks for your help


DH
I wish there was an easy way to identify the GM part number, but as far as I know there isnt.

My car is in the shop having the valve guides checked, so I can't take pictures of that module. However, I took pictures of the 2010 module I bought that I was going to use to add traction control.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

I wish there was an easy way to identify the module, so you may just have to trust the seller or get one from a vendor.

A Tech II will be required to program a new control module ( the black electronic module) to your VIN, but if you just need the BMPV (the aluminum cylindrical part) you could replace that without programming.
erick_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #19
BEZ06
Formerly beezeye
Support Corvetteforum!
 
BEZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2005
Location: Daytona Beach FL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick_e View Post
.....I took pictures of the 2010 module I bought that I was going to use to add traction control.
Huh???

All years and models of the C6 have Traction Control!!


Bob

Last edited by BEZ06; 02-03-2013 at 10:24 PM.
BEZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #20
BEZ06
Formerly beezeye
Support Corvetteforum!
 
BEZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2005
Location: Daytona Beach FL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick_e View Post
.....I took pictures of the 2010 module I bought that I was going to use to add traction control.
Click the image to open in full size.


That picture is of the Bosch EBCM used in the 2009 and newer.

I believe Howie's car is a 2008, which requires the ACDelco unit.

The two are not interchangeable!!

Bob
BEZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:30 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Z06 Discussion
Reload this Page ABS Unit Leaking !!
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motor Mounts are Leaking Dirty Howie C6 Z06 Discussion 46 02-01-2014 06:25 PM
FS: (2)GM 93 to 96 C4 Remote Key fobs PDQUIK95 C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted 9 03-27-2013 12:18 PM
ABS Unit Leaking !!!!!!! Dirty Howie C6 Tech/Performance 17 02-04-2013 04:26 PM
F/S NIB AC Compressor, AC Belt tensioner and AC belt RocketRod C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted 0 11-24-2012 10:27 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 AM.


Emails & Password Backup

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2