Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] New Seats Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 04:42 PM
ktlocklear
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Seats Installed!

After a couple of months trying to figure out which seats I wanted, I finally decided on the Cobra Suzuka GT Pro-Fit seats. The "GT" is their wide version, which is only 30mm wider than the regular Suzuka. I tried a regular Suzuka first, and it was too tight so I had to send it back. Honestly unless you're a horse jockey, I don't see how anyone can fit in the non GT seat..lol. I'm 6'0" and 170 lbs, with a 34" waste and the GT is still fairly snug. Anyway, I went with the MTI seat rails, which I got from Kevin @ MTI. Install was a breeze with these seat rails.
The seats are fairly tight in the car....mostly on the trans tunnel side, but there is room for the seat belts, and the seat back wings do clear the door panels, so I'm happy. These seats are super comfy. The stock seats are just crap.
Both seats are Jan. 2013 production and are FIA approved. Here are some photos. Harness bar and harnesses are next!

Spot on rail to mount sensor....

Thanks for looking
Old 01-31-2013, 04:51 PM
mowe
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 108 Posts

they look great..do you track alot ?

I couldnt see losing the comfy leather seats for this option unless I needed to be planted...
Old 01-31-2013, 04:54 PM
jwmgr8
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 289 Likes on 198 Posts

Looking good
How do they feel?
Old 01-31-2013, 05:03 PM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,463 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Looks like this is a C5 Z06; why not post it under C6 Z06 section?
Old 01-31-2013, 05:10 PM
ktlocklear
Racer

Crap..sorry guys

Mods, can you please delete this thread? I just reposted it in the correct c5z section.

Last edited by ktlocklear; 01-31-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:59 AM
BryanPendleton
Instructor

I have a couple of questions for you KT.

1) Is the seat laterally offset from the center of the steering wheel? In other words if you snapped a photo from the front of the car point directly at the center line of the steering wheel would the seat be centered or offset? What is estimated offset?

2) What is egress and ingress like? Debating between the Imola (which I tested in a C6 at an HPDE this weekend) and the Suzuka?
Old 04-15-2013, 09:40 AM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still love the C5Z and miss mine. Love the C6Z a tad better. heheh
Old 04-15-2013, 11:48 AM
ktlocklear
Racer

Originally Posted by BryanPendleton
I have a couple of questions for you KT.

1) Is the seat laterally offset from the center of the steering wheel? In other words if you snapped a photo from the front of the car point directly at the center line of the steering wheel would the seat be centered or offset? What is estimated offset?

2) What is egress and ingress like? Debating between the Imola (which I tested in a C6 at an HPDE this weekend) and the Suzuka?
Hmm, good question. Let me stand in front of the car and look through the windshield and see. I'll post up a pic. If the seat is offset, then it's not much as I have not noticed it while driving.

I actually ordered an Imola seat first, did not like it, sent it back, and ordered the Suzuka. What i didn't like about the Imola was the side bolsters were low, so i was sitting on the seat instead of sitting in the seat. The Suzuka side bolsters are very high and i def sit down in the seat vs on the seat. A much better seat for the track in my opinion as it holds you in place very very well.
As far as egress/ ingress......it is slightly more challenging getting in/out.......but no big deal for me or the wife. The trade off is worth it in my opinion as these seats are 100% more comfortable than the stock c5z seats. I daily drive the car 55 miles and haven't gotten tired of the seats yet. In fact i find myself wanting to drive the car more now since I installed the Suzuka's, than I do my BMW E63 M6.
I'll post a pic looking through the windshield later today.

Last edited by ktlocklear; 04-15-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:33 PM
ktlocklear
Racer

Here ya go........

Old 04-15-2013, 03:26 PM
GMuffley
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Great looking seats!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:27 PM
BryanPendleton
Instructor

After I posted in this thread, I ran a search for threads you started and found the other, more used thread, regarding your seat install. Good information, and thank you for posting that photo.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:06 PM
ktlocklear
Racer

Originally Posted by BryanPendleton
After I posted in this thread, I ran a search for threads you started and found the other, more used thread, regarding your seat install. Good information, and thank you for posting that photo.
No problem, anytime
One other thing to note about the Imola. I'm 6 ft tall, and the height of the seat back was too low for me....meaning my back covered the harness holes, and my shoulders were higher than the wing tips on the seat back. This might be able to be corrected with a thinner seat bottom cushion for you. I noticed you mentioned you are 6'-1".....so i would think the seat back height would be worse for you. I guess it might depend on how tall your torso is maybe. Anyway, the Suzuka is not like that even with the standard cushions. My shoulders sit properly right in the middle of the wing tips, and the harness holes are above my back.
Also, i personally think the fabric on the Cobra's is far better than what's on the Sparco's. Fabric on the Sparco's is more of a velour material....which attract pet hair, lint, and are hot. The Cobra's stay cool, and don't attract junk.
Last, i would recommend not using sliders.....one, they put you much much higher in the car as you have discovered. Two, a lot of groups won't allow them....anything other than HPDE events. I would recommend using Hardbar fixed mounts, or MTI fixed mounts, which is what I have.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:01 AM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

looks like a very snug fit...
Old 04-16-2013, 09:08 AM
ktlocklear
Racer

Snug fit in the car yes...but no trimming was needed on anything. They clear the door panels and trans tunnel. Close, but they do clear with no modifications
Old 04-16-2013, 07:57 PM
SIC_C6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats a real good lookin seat

Get notified of new replies

To New Seats Installed!

Quick Reply: [Z06] New Seats Installed!