Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Z06 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Z06 Discussion
General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LS7 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 01-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
rustybridges05
CF Senior Member

Default 1/8th mile

I'm heading out to the local 8th mile strip on Sunday to see what my z can accomplish. I am wondering if there are any launching techniques or any issues launching the IRS I should know about. Ill be on 19 inch nitto drag radials...some people have me worried about hard launches on the IRS ?

Mods are full exhaust, vararam, tune and short throw. Putting down 512/488

Any help is appreciated!
rustybridges05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
z0sicktanner
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybridges05 View Post
I'm heading out to the local 8th mile strip on Sunday to see what my z can accomplish. I am wondering if there are any launching techniques or any issues launching the IRS I should know about. Ill be on 19 inch nitto drag radials...some people have me worried about hard launches on the IRS ?

Mods are full exhaust, vararam, tune and short throw. Putting down 512/488

Any help is appreciated!
Make sure to do a good burn out on those tires...I run the nt05r 345-30-19 not a big fan of the tire not much sidewall I will be changing them soon...best 60 I cut was 1.67...the IRS is strong the half shafts are the weak link. replace them with c5 half shafts an you will be good to go
z0sicktanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
KLRBEE2
CF Senior Member

I'd keep the half shafts as the weakest link...they are cheaper; especially when you compare them to tires, trans, and differential. You should be able to hit low 7's at 100mph. Good luck! Go to rangeracceleration.com for techniques...good stuff!
KLRBEE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
rustybridges05
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRBEE2 View Post
I'd keep the half shafts as the weakest link...they are cheaper; especially when you compare them to tires, trans, and differential. You should be able to hit low 7's at 100mph. Good luck! Go to rangeracceleration.com for techniques...good stuff!

So should I be worried about breaking them my first time out? And yes, I have the exact same nittos.
rustybridges05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
z0sicktanner
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybridges05 View Post
So should I be worried about breaking them my first time out? And yes, I have the exact same nittos.
you should be fine just take it easy the first few passes..get a feel for track prep..
z0sicktanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #6
rattt g
CF Senior Member

if it starts to wheel hop, GET OFF THE GAS FAST

Last edited by rattt g; 01-23-2013 at 07:13 PM.
rattt g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
azZ06Mike
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '11

Your tires will limit you if you are stock. For example i run C5 Z06 front 17'' rims on the back of my Z06 with H/C and it is plenty of tire.

You will want to slip the clutch the first 6-10 feet before going full throttle. If the track is prepped you need to try a few times as you will probably bog the motor with such a large amount of tire.
azZ06Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #8
EvilZ51
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azZ06Mike View Post
Your tires will limit you if you are stock. For example i run C5 Z06 front 17'' rims on the back of my Z06 with H/C and it is plenty of tire.

You will want to slip the clutch the first 6-10 feet before going full throttle. If the track is prepped you need to try a few times as you will probably bog the motor with such a large amount of tire.
He's spot on.

I had a set of 345/30/19 NT05R's and for a stockish car they are just to much tire. They are perfect for the street though.

If you want to get serious I would go with 275/40/17 or 315/35/17. As far as breaking anything i wouldn't be to concerned, just watch out for wheel hop.
EvilZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:55 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Z06 Discussion
Reload this Page 1/8th mile