Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] What do You Think Our Z06's will be Worth Over the Next Few Years?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 09:15 AM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by EViL427
For $41K, you got a great deal on your '09. I wouldn't take less than $45K for my '08 on a bad day. Granted, I have over $15K in professional modifications dumped into it, but that's only for the right buyer.

In a fire sale, I might drop to $42 if I had to. God willing, that's not happening anytime soon. I plan to keep this car until I can no longer drive it because I'm too old, feeble, and/or blind. That should give me a good 30-35 years of enjoyment as long as I can still get gas for it 20 years from now.
By the looks of the C7 I don't think our cars will have any problem holding there value, especially our "Z"s. I know it's speculation but just not feelin the look of the of the new camaro....oops I mean C7, lol!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Z06pete
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Now I have to ask you guys a serious question here. Your not really looking at these vehicles as an investment are you?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:33 AM
dun4791
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06pete
Now I have to ask you guys a serious question here. Your not really looking at these vehicles as an investment are you?
Nope.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:59 AM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,677 Likes on 1,069 Posts

Originally Posted by crAzy03Z06
If you think about it the C5Z was $52K new. A decade later some are still going for half that and others a little below that depending on the condition. Now if we take a new C6Z which Base price was $65,800. I would expect to see in the year 2016 they will be low 30's. Its just more car than the C5Z and things are getting more pricey as the years go by. Just like some are saying the C7Z might be damn near in the 6 figure range.
What about the loaded ones with stickers over $100K? Are you saying those should only be worth low 30s also? I don't think so.

And no new Corvette is an investment. They make too many of them. Ferrari or Lamborghini? Sure. Ford GT? A rare exception because of limited production. That's precisely why I drive and enjoy my car and not let it sit collecting dust.

Last edited by VetteVinnie; 01-10-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:09 AM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06pete
Hell No! Not like they'll be "on the block" at Barrett Jackson any time soon!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:15 AM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

Even though the C7 will be out it has unproven tech advances in engine and other areas.Remember the 05 weak diff and harmonic bal hell my 1984 had a harmonic bal recall. It also has less horse power and the Zo6/zr1 have unique at this time features magnasiam(Sorry for spelling) engine cradles and windshield area as well as alum frame. Yes it will have more horse power than stock c6 but it has less cubic inches and horse power than a 427 aka 428 505hp, remember no substitute for cubic inches on street.Oh and z weights in at 3140.
Until we see a Z06/ZR1 C7 the Z06/Zr1's are unique styling change or not.
z51vett

Last edited by z51vett; 01-10-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:19 AM
DON T.
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the loaded ones with stickers over $100K? Are you saying those should only be worth low 30s also? I don't think so.

And no new Corvette is an investment. They make too many of them. Ferrari or Lamborghini? Sure. Ford GT? A rare exception because of limited production. That's precisely why I drive and enjoy my car and not let it sit collecting dust.
Being that i cannot dream of ever owning a ferrari or lamborghini, in my world( and i assume others ) my Z06 is my exotic dream car. But i cannot argue with you one bit when you say you drive your Z and not let here collect dust. Everyday its not bad weather i have found myself driving her to work. The vehical is just to much fun to drive to let sit Thanks for helping me understand this car is to drive and to enjoy everyday possible!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Dre01SS
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you think about it the C5Z was $52K new. A decade later some are still going for half that and others a little below that depending on the condition.
Listed price does not mean sold price... For the very same reason some folks in this very thread have mentioned about purchasing their car below market value. It's not like we all pay MSRP or Listed price.

It'll be interesting to see how the market reacts with the new C7, warranties expiring, more engines blowing (hopefully not), competitor cars, as well as the economy as a whole.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting on the sidelines watching, and waiting for the right time/car to come along... And you should just be enjoying your drives
Old 01-10-2013, 10:34 AM
crAzy
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I am going off base prices. Loaded ones may have a little more value but I doubt it down the long run. C5Z's are stuck between $15K and $25K. Def a HUGE margin. I have a feeling C6Z are going to stay in the $30's and $40's for a good while depending on year.

Originally Posted by Dre01SS
Listed price does not mean sold price... For the very same reason some folks in this very thread have mentioned about purchasing their car below market value. It's not like we all pay MSRP or Listed price.

It'll be interesting to see how the market reacts with the new C7, warranties expiring, more engines blowing (hopefully not), competitor cars, as well as the economy as a whole.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting on the sidelines watching, and waiting for the right time/car to come along... And you should just be enjoying your drives
I do enjoy mine and its my daily. I am driving it like it was made to be. Not stored in a temp cooled garage where it gets maybe a touch once or twice a year. Thats wasting the damn thing. Its just a car. Not a Golden Globe Award Statue lol.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:40 AM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Drive it and enjoy owning one bad *** car..Resale be dammed.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:54 AM
JwT
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

I agree that the C6Z is not an investment. I also agree that, and this is just my opinion that the C6Z for the most part is purchased by older adults. Lets face it, can you imagine the insurance for a younger driver owning a Z06. Even older adults better have a clean record to drive this car as often as they want. Vette magazine recently said that the LS7 and the LS9 are going away for good(as in not sold in any car). If that happens I believe that our 427 rides will hold their value very well.

G.M. could have a problem with the C7 in that the cost,s of buying and driving a corvette seems to be going through the roof. Yes there are some sucessful youngsters that can afford the car, but sales will be down to the market of Porche and GTR. And at those prices G.M. may lose customers to faster German hot rods. Only time will tell, but I think if you own a Z and you can keep it, you may be very happy with the value of any 427 Z06 later on. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:58 AM
crAzy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JwT
I agree that the C6Z is not an investment. I also agree that, and this is just my opinion that the C6Z for the most part is purchased by older adults. Lets face it, can you imagine the insurance for a younger driver owning a Z06. Even older adults better have a clean record to drive this car as often as they want. Vette magazine recently said that the LS7 and the LS9 are going away for good(as in not sold in any car). If that happens I believe that our 427 rides will hold their value very well.

G.M. could have a problem with the C7 in that the cost,s of buying and driving a corvette seems to be going through the roof. Yes there are some sucessful youngsters that can afford the car, but sales will be down to the market of Porche and GTR. And at those prices G.M. may lose customers to faster German hot rods. Only time will tell, but I think if you own a Z and you can keep it, you may be very happy with the value of any 427 Z06 later on. Just my 2 cents.

I paid $108 for my C5Z full coverage (After I turned 25). Had the car from 23-27.

I am paying $130 for my C6Z for full coverage and this is with a 5/10 record (1 being the cleanest and 10 being the worst). I am 27 as of last month. From State Farm as well.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:29 AM
JwT
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

I paid $108 for my C5Z full coverage (After I turned 25). Had the car from 23-27.

I am paying $130 for my C6Z for full coverage and this is with a 5/10 record (1 being the cleanest and 10 being the worst). I am 27 as of last month. From State Farm as well.
So I'm 57, have no tickets or violations for the last 15 years and State Farm wanted over $2000.00 a year from me. But your paying $130.00....for a ZO6.....with a 427?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:33 AM
crAzy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JwT
So I'm 57, have no tickets or violations for the last 15 years and State Farm wanted over $2000.00 a year from me. But your paying $130.00....for a ZO6.....with a 427?
Damn . I thought mine was some what high. Well I have discounts on my account. For example: Defensive Driving, Having other family members with the same company, car is considered very safe (Not sure about that lol) and a few more things. Maybe state to state is different. I am in Texas.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:57 AM
HyperX
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I will go down to about 18k and that will be the bottom and then will will inch up. Kind of like the c4 zr1 in todays money.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:39 PM
JJC5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For $41K, you got a great deal on your '09. I wouldn't take less than $45K for my '08 on a bad day. Granted, I have over $15K in professional modifications dumped into it, but that's only for the right buyer.

In a fire sale, I might drop to $42 if I had to. God willing, that's not happening anytime soon. I plan to keep this car until I can no longer drive it because I'm too old, feeble, and/or blind. That should give me a good 30-35 years of enjoyment as long as I can still get gas for it 20 years from now.
I thought that too but I read his post again and it's an '06, not '09.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Nino S
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I bought my 2008 VY 3LZ with 17k miles with a ton of bolt ons for $46k a month. I got all of the money for my trade so I was happy with the deal and it was exactly what I was looking for. People will pay for what they want but want a deal if they have to settle on options/color/miles/mods etc

Get notified of new replies

To What do You Think Our Z06's will be Worth Over the Next Few Years?

Old 01-10-2013, 06:07 PM
spra4u
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Damn . I thought mine was some what high. Well I have discounts on my account. For example: Defensive Driving, Having other family members with the same company, car is considered very safe (Not sure about that lol) and a few more things. Maybe state to state is different. I am in Texas.
I pay $91 dollars a month for full coverage on my Z. Statefarm
Old 01-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JwT
When I added the Z06 to my policy, it was only an extra $600/year to my existing policy (which covers my other car and home).

I was 25 when I bought the car.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Received 865 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by JwT

I wouldnt count on that, GM’s dealer VIN cards have been posted for the new Camaro and a new engine code has it as the LS7...

Anywho it will be interesting to see in a few days what is unveiled. The c7 is said to be a beauty! Tons of carbon fiber, under 3100lbs, aluminum frame + a 7 speed manual, 8speed auto on the base model. Completely redesigned inside and out, comparable performance to the c6z (certainly not better performance) but newer technology in the new LT1.

The c6z will always be a great track ready, heavyweight performer. However, many uncontrollable factors as well as how well the new car in base trim stacks up against it + how it looks will probably dictate the rate of depreciation on the previous gen.
If the base car is close to the performance of the Z, looks better 'subjectively', can be had with a new transmission, motor and interior...you get the point...that can all be pretty tempting to the potential Z buyer.

Personally I think the new base will be somewhere between the GS and the Z, with track options to close that gap on the first model year.
With the base getting a bump here and there a year or two in to be equal to it.

I guess my synopsis is that all things considered, the c7 will not hurt used values of the C6Z much initially despite how much of a success it is turning out to be, the Z06 is still going to be a track monster next year and the year after as is the c5Z. But people expecting it to have no contributing factor are mistaken.

Quick Reply: [Z06] What do You Think Our Z06's will be Worth Over the Next Few Years?