Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] WCCH HEADS....and what to expect.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Griffee
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
That's the other thing that is so weird about this whole thing.

If he is so concerned about the integrity of these heads, then why are they sitting face down on a slab of unpolished granite?

That's like the guy who says he is going to quit smoking tomorrow so as to protect his lungs, but keeps his job at the coal mine.
Same old antics from Quick. When one cannot win the argument...change the topic.

Well if you look you can see they are on a monthly calender. Two that is not granite but plastic. Three I won't address anything more then the obvious...the axe wielding grinder which looks to have been held by a six year old did this to a set of LS7 cylinder heads:

You can try and juke and jive and dance around the real subject. Try to baffle the audience and type until your hearts content.

It doesn't change those pictures nor Richard's e-mail saying to pound sand. Yes the other head looks just as butchered on the outside.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:01 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Griffee
Same old antics from Quick. When one cannot win the argument...change the topic.
The topic is still the same as it ever was.

Well if you look you can see they are on a monthly calender. Two that is not granite but plastic. Three I won't address anything more then the obvious...the axe wielding grinder which looks to have been held by a six year old did this to a set of LS7 cylinder heads:

You can try and juke and jive and dance around the real subject. Try to baffle the audience and type until your hearts content.

It doesn't change those pictures nor Richard's e-mail saying to pound sand. Yes the other head looks just as butchered on the outside.
I see. So we actually have not seen the other head. I figured as much.

No good deed goes unpunished. I tried to help you.

I'm beginning to think that I would have told you to pound sand too, with all of the uproar about nothing. I said earlier to call Richard.......now I'm hoping that you don't call him.

I'd feel bad knowing that it was my insistence that you call and talk to him which led to his having to take time out of his day to listen to you carrying on about a non issue.

You insinuated earlier that Richard was a personal friend of mine??? Which BTW, is not true. All I can say to that is, that well, if that were actually true, and he ever was, which it is not, well then we probably wouldn't be friends now, for my having sent you his way.

Seriously, sending him a problem/headach, PITA of a customer like you, complaining about nothing....with "friends" like that, who in the hell would need enemies?

So if you do elect to call him, then please don't bring my name up.

Sell the heads Griffee. To somebody who can actually appreciate them. Sell the heads. Do everyone a favor. Richard, yourself, the rest of us in here listening to you whine and carry on about nothing, ....sell the heads. At least 3 or 4 people have expressed an interest in buying them from you, yet you are still complaining. You could have made a deal by now.

Hell, I'm even tempted to buy them off you in order to stop your endless complaining about nothing, and I don't even need a set of heads.

Sell the heads already, please.

Do some owner who is actually serious about tackling the valve train problems in these cars, an opportunity to do so in his own car, as you don't seem serious about doing same, and sell the heads to him, so that we can stop seeing your endless complaints about something of absolutely no consequence, and someone else can avoid being the next to drop a valve.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 12-02-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:22 PM
LeftLane Z06
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

After all of this... I'm a little pissed about my alternator bracket!!! strait out the factory... Think I can get a new one?
Maybe GM deburred my heads already..

Last edited by LeftLane Z06; 12-02-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:26 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Originally Posted by LeftLane Z06
After all of this... I'm a little pissed about my alternator bracket!!! strait out the factory... Think I can get a new one?

New alternator bracket?????

Are you serious?????

You deserve not only a new car for that, but you also deserve a brand new C7 for that, when they come out, PLUS you should be able to keep your present one, and get a 99% discount off of any GM product for the rest of your life and your immediate family's lives.

After all, what the hell is that.......you paid for a PERFECT car, not one with grinder marks on the alternator bracket.

In fact, as I look at it, the actual top of the alternator has been de burred and I see grinder marks on it. Those grinder marks, means that you can't trust that alternator to produce the proper amperage, and you certainly cannot call about it, for fear of them giving you bogus numbers.

You should get what you paid for. It doesn't matter that no one will see that when your hood is closed.

It's just like laying carpet over pieces of drywall, nails and tacks.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 12-02-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:27 PM
LeftLane Z06
Racer

Got that right brother!!!! De valued my car by 20k!!! Bastards. If I only knew..
Old 12-02-2012, 05:43 PM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

That alternator bracket looks horrible. You should call GM and complain constantly. Even better don't call GM because they will probably tell you to ENJOY your car when they are really telling you to go pound sand!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:44 PM
LeftLane Z06
Racer

I'll take it to the dealer and they will spray it with silver spay paint and have a nice day!!!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Griffee
Pro

The topic is still the same as it ever was.

So we actually haven't seen the other head. I figured as much.

No good deed goes unpunished. I tried to help you.
By perpetuating the situation? Really? Seriously? Please don't give me any help Quick. You have done so much for me already. With helpers like you there would be no Santa....

I'm beginning to think that I would have told you to pound sand too, with all of the uproar about nothing. I said earlier to call Richard.......now I'm hoping that you don't call him.
To you the non-owner of the heads it's nothing. To me it's something. I wasn't interested in scratch and dents and maybe sublet work. You wanted me to call and ask for money off. I don't care about the money off. I wanted top shelf work. I wanted the best.

This is it? For real? Where are all the photos of everyone else's heads who sent them to the best? There should be rows and rows of these photos showing how he does them all this way. I'm waiting....because IF that's the case I'll eat crow. Jason should have tons of photos. Maybe that's how Katech requests them. Hacked up so he doesn't get cut when handling them. I doubt it...but hey ya never know...maybe he can chime in if this is the way he receives them.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Turbosixx
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Noooooo! The same six year old works in Bowling Green.

Griffee, sell your car and the heads. It's obvious that you're not happy, no sense in being miserable. The heads are garbage and should be sold at a price that reflects that.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:05 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

By perpetuating the situation? Really? Seriously? Please don't give me any help Quick. You have done so much for me already. With helpers like you there would be no Santa....
No Santa??? ......With so many in our society turning into a bunch of whiney kids, ready to belly ache at the drop of a hat, and over the slightest and least significant things, of which this matter is an example, there is becoming less and less of a need for him.

To you the non-owner of the heads it's nothing. To me it's something. I wasn't interested in scratch and dents and maybe sublet work. You wanted me to call and ask for money off. I don't care about the money off. I wanted top shelf work. I wanted the best.
You bought used heads with 88K miles on them and you're in here telling us how you don't want "scratch and dents"?????

The prime reason for having your heads done is to address the valve issue in these cars and to that extent, you likely got top shelf work.

But you will never know. However the silver lining in all of this, is that somebody else will.

This is it? For real? Where are all the photos of everyone else's heads who sent them to the best? There should be rows and rows of these photos showing how he does them all this way. I'm waiting....because IF that's the case I'll eat crow. Jason should have tons of photos. Maybe that's how Katech requests them. Hacked up so he doesn't get cut when handling them. I doubt it...but hey ya never know...maybe he can chime in if this is the way he receives them.
Perhaps that is part of the problem, you don't realize that there really is no Santa, .

You bring up Katech, but there are more than just a few shops in here and outside of here, which get their heads from WCCH. And I'd bet that more than a few of those shops get heads very similar to yours, install them, and the owner of the car is both happy and protected from the valve issue, never knowing nor caring about what you are in here whining about. And more importantly, never having any issues as a result of what you are griping about.

Show me the shop in here, which would hold up a customer's car, and hold up the shop's money, and getting paid for the job, for what you are in here carrying on about.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 12-02-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

I'm thinking grind as much off the heads as possible. Less weight = faster Z06.

Take me off the potential buyers list as I am concerned about the business side of the heads. I don't know what the standard of care is for that mating surface but THAT is a concern in my mind.

DH
Old 12-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Turbosixx
Burning Brakes

Come to think about it, I wouldn't want to talk to Richard either. I'd fear Richard asking me why I took the heads out of the WCCH sealed bags then placed the freshly machined deck face down on a surface other than the receiving head gasket. Personally I'm sure it's no big deal and did not cause any damage but I can't get past this. We have a guy biitching about something that will not effect anything but handles them in a manner that could possibly scratch/damage the deck surface.
I'm sorry but every time I look at the pics, I can't help but laugh at the situation.

Here's how I placed my freshly machined LS7 head down after I took them out of the WCCH box.

Last edited by Turbosixx; 12-02-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Griffee
Pro

Originally Posted by Turbosixx
Come to think about it, I wouldn't want to talk to Richard either. I'd fear Richard asking me why I took the heads out of the WCCH sealed bags then placed the freshly machined deck face down on a surface other than the receiving head gasket. Personally I'm sure it's no big deal and did not cause any damage but I can't get past this. We have a guy biitching about something that will not effect anything but handles them in a manner that could possibly scratch/damage the deck surface.
I'm sorry but every time I look at the pics, I can't help but laugh at the situation.

Here's how I placed my freshly machined LS7 head down after I took them out of the WCCH box.

Great pic..let's see the other side now. Let's see your deburring that will save you from injury. Look like mine? If not why? Same guy did them right? Let's see it man...turn it around and show the others how they look identical? You got the goods or don't ya?
Old 12-02-2012, 07:48 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
I'm thinking grind as much off the heads as possible. Less weight = faster Z06.

Take me off the potential buyers list as I am concerned about the business side of the heads. I don't know what the standard of care is for that mating surface but THAT is a concern in my mind.

DH
Interesting.

He's killing his own sale by showing pics of the heads resting on that surface.

People are more concerned about the heads sitting on that granite looking surface while he complains, than they are those scuff marks.

How about that. The irony

Good for you Howie.

Guy is in here complaining about trivia, and potentially damaging the business end of the heads the whole time he is spending whining about exterior scuff marks, which won't have any effect on the performance of the heads

It ain't the scuff marks you're whining about that are concerning people here, Griffee, it's not without good reason that it is the the surface you have the heads are resting on as you complain.

Great pic..let's see the other side now. Let's see your deburring that will save you from injury. Look like mine? If not why? Same guy did them right? Let's see it man...turn it around and show the others how they look identical? You got the goods or don't ya?
Yeah, right. If he turns them around and he has less grinder marks than you do, then you bitch that someone else must have done yours.

If he turns them around and has more grinder marks than you, then you say that it's another example of WCCH's work being crap.

Quit whining and go ahead and sell the heads.....if you still can.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 12-03-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:49 PM
vray
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This
thread
boggles
me
Old 12-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Turbosixx
Burning Brakes

I would but they don't even have the Stage 2 port work. No WCCH logo cnc'd into them. I'm actually showing the work they did. Milled the heads .030" and replaced the guides and exhaust valves. Tumble polished the intakes. I did not get the whole WCCH "treatment". So my heads don't count.

Wait a minute.....no logo cnc'd into the heads means that WCCH didn't do my heads. They farmed these out as well.

Nevermind, I remember the invoice has the spring height/pressure on them. West Coast did them.

Last edited by Turbosixx; 12-02-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:55 PM
OJCrush08
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got no dog in this fight but reporting in only to describe my own experience with WCCH. I have never met them (live 3000 miles away) and never done business with them prior to Oct-Nov. Never met anyone else here, either. I went to them because they do Katech's work and because I have friends who have previously dealt with them.

To confess upfront, I was/am so dismayed about the whole LS7 head issue (and my concerns have certainly been exacerbated by John's thread here) that I just decided to start fresh with the Brodix LS7 heads. That said, here is my personal experience with WCCH:

1. Called, and was called by Richard a number of times to discuss my order and to iron out the specifics. He was always very professional with me and answered all of my questions/concerns - and I had a lot of them. Frankly, I can be a real PITA when I am hot on a research trail, especially when substantial $$$$ of mine are involved. Just spent two weeks heavily researching then dealing with dealerships before my wife drove her new car home tonite.

2. The finished heads and FAST intake were delivered when promised and packaged about as well as could be done.

3. The heads appeared exquisite and two folks who are seasoned and respected Vette mechanics saw them at my house were quite impressed. And, no, these heads did not have the markings that were displayed by the OP.

4. The heads were accompanied by a full write up of spring pressures, etc.

I have no explanations to offer as to the condition of the OP's heads or as to how they became that way. I have talked to others who have had their heads done by WCCH and all of them were quite pleased with the experience.

And, that's all I have to say about that...

F. Gump

Get notified of new replies

To WCCH HEADS....and what to expect.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:59 PM
2000FRCZ19
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I guess I should call tony up and cry about the sticker on my heads. that's unacceptable! just sell the heads and move on.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:44 PM
SSSUPRA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbosixx

Keep your eye on the ball kids, this is how heads should be placed on a surface other than a head gasket.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:14 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 396 Likes on 361 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I have been following this thread in disbelief. It reminds me a bit of watching my kids bicker.

I also have no dog in this fight. The only comment I want to make is that I bought some WCCH heads, used from a forum member not long ago. I emailed Richard on more than one occassion with questions, and even though he knew I wasnt buying anything from him he did get back to me promptly and answered all my questions on at least 5 or 6 occassions. I would not hesitate to work with WCCH from the service I recieved and from what I generally hear about Richards work.
I have no idea what happened in this "hacked head" drama but I would be upset also if the heads I recieved looked like that. Luckily, mine didnt.

Quick Reply: [Z06] WCCH HEADS....and what to expect.