Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] WCCH HEADS....and what to expect.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 11:05 AM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
I don't see anywhere in this thread where you contacted them and told them you aren't happy. All you did was ask about the marks and he replied in a professional manner. You then took that as him saying screw off and deal with it. Stop being a child and call him. This is crazy.
Unreal, at this point he can't call him.

He has implied that Richard farmed his heads out.

Implied that WCCH would give him bogus spring pressures if he had called.

If the folks at WCCH have read any of that, and it is all up here for anyone to see, then he has burned his bridges with talk like that.

What's he going to do? Call and tell them that be didn't mean any of those things he said, but he wants this matter resolved?

No, he reacted this way after one email. Not after speaking with Richard over the phone ever, just one email.

Calling at this point? After saying all that he has said, flying off the handle, after just one email which it appears was not intended to insult him, calling now is probably not an option.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:14 AM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperX
One of the businesses I sold is we made heavy duty server racks for data centers. They were perfectly manufactured on inside and outside with no sharp corners from the beginning. Now I am into IT services only (a business that evolved from the rack business).
Then I'm sure you understand the part where everyone is saying call WCCH but at this point Griffee has burned that bridge.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:32 AM
ZZMike
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperX
The problem is someone manufacturers crappy quality and people like you defend it. Maybe this is why the heads from 1968 corvette look the same as some 3rd party manufactured 2012 heads? Because people just dont care?
Once again, you completely miss the point. These grind marks are not a hallmark of quality or poor manufacture of the cylinder head as a whole. They are there to remove potential stress points and casting flash. It is what is on the inside that counts, and unfortunately is being completely ignored in this thread by the OP and you. Anything you have seen from the OP has nothing to do with how the heads will perform. Nothing.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:18 PM
HyperX
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by FSTFRC
Then I'm sure you understand the part where everyone is saying call WCCH but at this point Griffee has burned that bridge.
I do understand. I would be calling, and yes I agree that the call should be made.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Griffee
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
Unreal, at this point he can't call him.

He has implied that Richard farmed his heads out.

Implied that WCCH would give him bogus spring pressures if he had called.

If the folks at WCCH have read any of that, and it is all up here for anyone to see, then he has burned his bridges with talk like that.

What's he going to do? Call and tell them that be didn't mean any of those things he said, but he wants this matter resolved?

No, he reacted this way after one email. Not after speaking with Richard over the phone ever, just one email.

Calling at this point? After saying all that he has said, flying off the handle, after just one email which it appears was not intended to insult him, calling now is probably not an option.
I'm not sure I understand? You've been pounding your keyboard for the last twelve hours to call him, and how I've done something wrong by posting pictures of their work. Now you don't want me to call?

Well hears a newsflash...he's out of town. He was out of town yesterday, and he is out of town all week. So he isn't there.

Yes, there are assumptions made when you don't do good work. When my cylinder heads look different then everyone else's....WHY becomes a question and concern especially when Richard himself says and I quote, "We deburr all the heads we work on because they're so sharp from the manufacturer". If there were bunches of pictures to support this....then fine...that's the wayhe does them. When HE SAYS WE DEBURR ALL THE HEADS WE WORK ON yet yours and others weren't done it begs the question.

If the spring pressures aren't on his work order, and invoice where do you suppose he stored them? I wouldn't have to question them if he did his job.

See... if he did his job I wouldn't be questioning anything. If he did the same work you received I wouldn't be questioning anything. If I received the same work Turbo6 received I wouldn't be questioning anything. That is not what happened though...
Old 12-04-2012, 12:54 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Griffee
I'm not sure I understand? You've been pounding your keyboard for the last twelve hours to call him, and how I've done something wrong by posting pictures of their work. Now you don't want me to call?

Well hears a newsflash...he's out of town. He was out of town yesterday, and he is out of town all week. So he isn't there.

Yes, there are assumptions made when you don't do good work. When my cylinder heads look different then everyone else's....WHY becomes a question and concern especially when Richard himself says and I quote, "We deburr all the heads we work on because they're so sharp from the manufacturer". If there were bunches of pictures to support this....then fine...that's the wayhe does them. When HE SAYS WE DEBURR ALL THE HEADS WE WORK ON yet yours and others weren't done it begs the question.

If the spring pressures aren't on his work order, and invoice where do you suppose he stored them? I wouldn't have to question them if he did his job.

See... if he did his job I wouldn't be questioning anything. If he did the same work you received I wouldn't be questioning anything. If I received the same work Turbo6 received I wouldn't be questioning anything. That is not what happened though...
You did a whole lot more than just "post pictures of their work". You implied that he was farming out work and would stoop so low as to give you bogus spring pressures.

If Richard does accommodate you at this point, after all that you have said, well then he is even more of a class guy than any of us in here who have already dealt with him, ever thought.

But I would not be flabbergasted if he did.

Perhaps it finally soaked in that you should have attempted to contact him by telephone before you went on your tirade about him farming out work.

No matter how this plays out, your next reaction will be worth it to see.

It says here that if he does accommodate you in any way, that you won't be nearly as vocal about that, as you will be if be doesn't.

When HE SAYS WE DEBURR ALL THE HEADS WE WORK ON yet yours and others weren't done it begs the question.[/B]
You haven't even bothered to look. Because if you had, you'd see that your heads aren't the only ones WCCH deburred.

With regard to them deburring all of the heads and how yours don't seem to look like anyone else's, not true. You have already seen Confused Garage's pics.

I suggest anyone interested, look at these in full screen or near full screen.

Originally Posted by ConfusedGarage
...[/IMG]
Look near the left of the very bottom of the pic at the area of the bolt hole, as well as the spark plug holes and the removal of the casting flash and reduction of the ribs.

These next pics belong to Sixbills. The 2nd pic has been rotated.

Originally Posted by Sixbills
My tuner called and said my heads came in from WCCH( Got to love over night shipping)
These look beautiful !
Here's some pictures, Richard was super nice to deal with knows these heads well. My heads had 1300 miles and already the exhaust guides were showing heavy wear and the finish on the intake valve were very rough.

I went with stage 2 cnc ports, Bronze guide,1 piece stainless valves , Tumble polished stock intake valves and Manley springs and retainers and milled to 11.6 to 1.

Look at the end bolt hole at the right of the above picture. Looks familiar. Looks just like yours. And mine. And Confused Garage's. As well as the areas where casting flash has been removed near the spark plug holes.

These following pics are from the one's used in the current thread "2008 Corvette WCCH/Katech Install" by Brian at RPT
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...h-install.html

And were installed by Brian at RPT. In his pics, which he references in the thread, there is this one:

Take a look near the spark plug holes. Especially near the right of the picture

Im trying to see how yours, pictured below, is any worse than the one that Brian has installed above.
So others can see this:

These people's WCCH heads are deburred. Just like yours. So all of this talk about how your heads are somehow "worse" than everybody else's, so they must have been "farmed out" is ridiculous.

A few more pics of their heads post deburring
http://m.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1569982

Your heads have been duburred, same as everyone else's.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 12-05-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:00 PM
azZ06Mike
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Mark200X
Well... taking your words literally, let us know how the Prius does in the 1/4
21.52 at 35 mph on a 4.0 60ft
Old 12-04-2012, 09:29 PM
skip89
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default my idea

I like the idea of RHS heads as a replacement on my project when I do it.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:57 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by azZ06Mike
Yes i failed so bad at math that my Civil Engineering degree is worthless! Do you want fries with that Big Mac?
You failed at math and they still gave you a degree...what a sh*tty college.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:35 PM
azZ06Mike
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '11

Yes it's amazing what money will buy!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

You did a whole lot more than just "post pictures of their work". You implied that he was farming out work and would stoop so low as to give you bogus spring pressures.

If Richard does accommodate you at this point, after all that you have said, well then he is even more of a class guy than any of us in here who have already dealt with him, ever thought.

But I would not be flabbergasted if he did.

Perhaps it finally soaked in that you should have attempted to contact him by telephone before you went on your tirade about him farming out work.

No matter how this plays out, your next reaction will be worth it to see.

It says here that if he does accommodate you in any way, that you won't be nearly as vocal about that, as you will be if be doesn't.

With regard to them deburring all of the heads and how yours don't seem to look like anyone else's, not true. You have already seen Confused Garage's pics.

I suggest anyone interested, look at these in full screen or near full screen.

Look near the left bottom of the pic at the area of the bolt hole, as well as the spark plug holes and the removal of the casting flash and reduction of the ribs.

These belong to Sixbills. The 4th pic has been rotated.

These are the one's used in the current thread "2008 Corvette WCCH/Katech Install" by Brian at RPT
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...h-install.html

And were installed by Brian at RPT. In his pics, which he references in the thread, there is this one:

Take a look near the spark plug holes. Especially near the right of the picture

Im trying to see how yours, pictured below, is any worse than the one that Brian has installed above.

These people's WCCH heads are deburred. Just like yours. So all of this talk about how your heads are somehow "worse" than everybody else's, so they must have been "farmed out" is ridiculous.

A few more pics of their heads post deburring
http://m.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1569982

Your heads have been duburred, same as everyone else's.
Ricky, since no one else has acknowledged your outstanding detective work let me be the one to congratulate you. I think you just put this whole thing to rest

DH
Old 12-05-2012, 01:40 AM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
Ricky, since no one else has acknowledged your outstanding detective work let me be the one to congratulate you. I think you just put this whole thing to rest

DH
You would think so.

His belief that no one else's WCCH heads have marks like his, is a false belief. The ones shown in the RPT pics and which were just used in one of their builds, are very similar to his own.

The WCCH head below belongs to 08VRZ06, and are taken from his thread describing his build:

Originally Posted by 08VRZ06

Mark
You can see grinder marks pretty much all over the underside of the head Blow the picture up and you will see grinder marks on the ribs, in between the ribs, at the spark plug holes and at the bolt holes at each end.

So this talk from Griffee about his heads having been "farmed out" because they have grinder marks on them, is bunk.

Furthermore, so as not to give the notion that only WCCH deburrs stock heads, the following heads were done by AES.

They show up in this thread, and two of interest have been copied below and rotated so the viewer can appreciate better the fact that these too were deburred.

The difference is that they were likely deburred, either by the OEM manufacturer, GM, or AES, but they appear to have been deburred before ever being hot tanked. As such, you don't see the raw exposed aluminum after they have been deburred.

But make no mistake, they have definitely had the grinder on them in an attempt to reduce the flash and rough edges on them.

I searched this out of curiosity because I also wanted to see if there was something somehow "special" about the way that Griffee's heads had been treated.

Turns out, no. At least one vendor in here has just put a set of heads into one of their builds with similar grinder marks to Griffee's.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 12-06-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:21 AM
Turbosixx
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I honestly don't remember if my heads has the grind marks or not. If it was done, its such a non issue I didn't even notice it. I don't even think its worth my time to break out a flashlight and try to look in between my headers to see. I do know for a fact that I do not have the WCCH logo CNC'd.

Looks as though Quick debunked the whole thing, it's done. Quit whining, suck it up. WCCH deburrs all their stage 2 LS7 heads.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:26 AM
KLLRVET
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

For what it cost for a set of WCCH heads, it think the "deburring" could be a little less sloppy.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Griffee
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

You would think so.

His belief that no one else's WCCH heads have marks like his, is a false belief. The ones shown in the RPT pics and which were just used in one of their builds, are very similar to his own.

The WCCH head below belongs to 08VRZ06, and are taken from his thread describing his build:

You can see grinder marks pretty much all over the underside of the head Blow the picture up and you will see grinder marks on the ribs, in between the ribs, at the spark plug holes and at the bolt holes at each end.

So this talk from Griffee about his heads having been "farmed out" because they have grinder marks on them, is bunk.

Furthermore, so as not to give the notion that only WCCH deburrs stock heads, the following heads were done by AES.

They show up in this thread, and two of interest have been copied below and rotated so the viewer can appreciate better the fact that these too were deburred.

The difference is that they were likely deburred, either by the OEM manufacturer, GM, or AES, but they appear to have been deburred before ever being hot tanked. As such, you don't see the raw exposed aluminum after they have been deburred.

But make no mistake, they have definitely had the grinder on them in an attempt to reduce the flash and rough edges on them.

I searched this out of curiosity because I also wanted to see if there was something somehow "special" about the way that Griffee's heads had been treated.

Turns out, no. At least one vendor in here has just put a set of heads into one of their builds with similar grinder marks to Griffee's.
Now, you are being help. Where was this Quick three days ago? How many times have I asked for pictures from anyone who owns WCCH heads regarding the deburring? To no avail, to being ducked and dived around. When a question goes unanswered and ignored and cannot be supported assumptions will be made.

I am still not happy about his process, but can at least feel comfortable now that they aren't farmed out heads. Regardless I have another vendor who will be going through them to get the spring pressures, and give them look. I have no problem reporting his findings good or bad.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:38 AM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Now, you are being help. Where was this Quick three days ago? How many times have I asked for pictures from anyone who owns WCCH heads regarding the deburring? To no avail, to being ducked and dived around. When a question goes unanswered and ignored and cannot be supported assumptions will be made.

I am still not happy about his process, but can at least feel comfortable now that they aren't farmed out heads. Regardless I have another vendor who will be going through them to get the spring pressures, and give them look. I have no problem reporting his findings good or bad.
Google is your friend use it to do YOUR own research.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:16 AM
briancb1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KLLRVET
For what it cost for a set of WCCH heads, it think the "deburring" could be a little less sloppy.
X100

And since this is between 3-4 people, why don't y'all just take this PM's so it doesn't keep coming to the top.

Get notified of new replies

To WCCH HEADS....and what to expect.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:53 AM
bgad
Safety Car

Received 91 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by briancb1
X100

And since this is between 3-4 people, why don't y'all just take this PM's so it doesn't keep coming to the top.
But if they do that then I won't have anything amusing to read!!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:58 AM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Originally Posted by briancb1
X100

Public forum safe your click you know what this thread is about!

Do you have complete pictures of your LS7 heads that Darin Morgan at Reher Morrison Racing Engine in Arlington, TX ported for you. I looked at your previous thread but did not see complete pictures.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:59 AM
azZ06Mike
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '11

the Op should really look at his z06 and see the lack of quality found in other areas if he is worried abut some grind marks. Hate to see what happens when he gets a chip in the paint.

Quick Reply: [Z06] WCCH HEADS....and what to expect.