Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Clearbra and Z06 Emblem

Old 10-01-2012, 07:49 PM
irieman
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Clearbra and Z06 Emblem

Quick/quick question....

Anyone that had clearbra applied to the rear section of his or her front quarter panel. Did you or your installer remove the Z06 emblem, so you can get the clearbra underneath the emblem? If so, is the emblem easy to remove? Do you have to remove the front tires or can you just turn them hard right or left to get to the inner-fender?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:03 PM
SUPERCRUZ
Burning Brakes

I bought my Z used with the clear bra already installed. Clear bra on the front quarter panels runs just to the bottom of the 06 on the Z06 emblem. Does not look like the emblems were removed to do the install.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Texas_Venom
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can either have a precut piece to go around the emblem or they can be easily removed and then reapplied. I have found that freezing the emblem allows it tp pop off easily without leaving really any double sided tape on the car as opposed to heating them up.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 AM
irieman
Racer

Originally Posted by Texas_Venom
You can either have a precut piece to go around the emblem or they can be easily removed and then reapplied. I have found that freezing the emblem allows it tp pop off easily without leaving really any double sided tape on the car as opposed to heating them up.
So that actually answers one of my questions. The Z06 emblem is only held on with automotive grade double-side tape. Great. I'm also thinking about taking off the front C6 emblem, too. Most of the time this is the only way people know that clearbra has been installed is by seeing the faint clearbra lines around front emblem.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:11 PM
rhathawy
Advanced

I had XPEL clear bra installed on the complete front clip of my 2009 ZO6 yesterday. Installer used heat gun to remove the emblems prior to installing the film and then put them back on after installation.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:40 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

While the emblems are only held on by two faced tape there is a hole behind it so you cannot remove them and leave them off.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:04 PM
irieman
Racer

Originally Posted by agentf1
While the emblems are only held on by two faced tape there is a hole behind it so you cannot remove them and leave them off.
No, no....the emblem would be placed back on the car. Thanks for the heads-up.

Get notified of new replies

To Clearbra and Z06 Emblem

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Clearbra and Z06 Emblem