Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] How Many Z06 Owners Are Running Solid Stainless Exhaust Valves?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 11:19 AM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

It's almost like you two are married.

Shipped my heads out to WCCH on Wednesday.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:23 AM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo2L
It's almost like you two are married.

Shipped my heads out to WCCH on Wednesday.

Well Turbo, what is it that you are having done to your heads?
Old 04-18-2014, 11:30 AM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

Stage II port work, solid exhaust, bronze guides, Manley .700 lift springs, and hopefully a smile on my face in a few weeks. Building the motor concurrently and will likely get sprayed for a bit then see if I can resist the boost bug.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:31 AM
propain
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
I think that the forum is set up quite well as it is, in terms of the methods that edits are afforded.

I see no need to protest edits. One can make his own points, and his position should be able to stand on it's own merit, irrespective of what someone else has, or had, to say. So if they "edit" what they say, then it shouldn't matter to anyone else's position.

Your position is in favor of the stock valves, mine is not. Regardless of "edit".

I think that you mistakenly see my edits as some sort of "tactic" as opposed to an effort or a tool to offer more clarity to my communication.

Few scribes, and I do consider myself somewhat of one, can be as effective as they desire in their written communications, without edits and drafts.

From a practical standpoint, that is easier to do on this forum using the edit feature.

If you see an edit, as an invitation to "debate", well then I can assure you that was not my intent.

I wonder if those ancient Egyptian scribes thought that way before committing their writings to the walls.

Yes, edits are there for a reason. Drafts as well. Editing text 12 hours later removing the bulk of ones argument is not an edit. Its an oops and maybe the draft should have been better thought out before being published.

Very few forums allow unlimited edits with no set expiration time for that very reason. I would imagine if you had a 1 hour edit expiration timer you would spend more time on your drafts. A scribe doesn't publish a book and then decide to edit the bulk of its text. If you fancy yourself as a scribe I guess you should look into that.

As to the invitation to debate, no your edits were not it. Its what was IN prior to those edits. But as you can see, since they are now removed, it seems I am debating without reason.

Last edited by propain; 04-18-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:33 AM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Stage II port work, solid exhaust, bronze guides, Manley .700 lift springs, and hopefully a smile on my face in a few weeks. Building the motor concurrently and will likely get sprayed for a bit then see if I can resist the boost bug.

Since you are looking to boost and spray the solid exhaust valves were a good choice.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:52 AM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Originally Posted by propain
Since you are looking to boost and spray the solid exhaust valves were a good choice.
Alright then, the Manley Springs.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 04-20-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:05 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Well, hold on a second.

You just edited your post.

Last edited by propain; Today at 07:36 AM.

I don't have a problem with that.

I wonder if those ancient Egyptian scribes thought that way before committing their writings to the walls.
Well, perhaps they should have.

Maybe this would have avoided a lot of the misinterpretation of those writings by some later on, that they are references to ancient astronauts and such.

.. A scribe doesn't publish a book and then decide to edit the bulk of its text. If you fancy yourself as a scribe I guess you should look into that....
Well while some of my post can be long, I don't consider my posts to be "publications". At least not publications which would be held to the same standard as a "book".

So sorry, but I'm not following your analogy.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:15 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Well, hold on a second.

You just edited your post.

Last edited by propain; Today at 07:36 AM.

I don't have a problem with that.

Well, perhaps they should have.

Maybe this would have avoided a lot of the misinterpretation of those writings by some later on, that they are references to ancient astronauts and such.

Well while some of my post can be long, I don't consider my posts to be "publications". At least not publications which would be held to the same standard as a "book".

So sorry, but I'm not following your analogy.

Yes, edits for spelling corrections or other grammatical corrections made within a certain period of time are completely acceptable. No one is perfect and there will always be a need to edit within a reasonable amount of time. You removed 90% of the bulk of your message which had already been replied to 12 hours later. Big difference. Sorry you cant seem to grasp the difference.

Sorry your not keeping up with the rest. Maybe read it again.

Last edited by propain; 04-18-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:24 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Yes, edits for spelling corrections or other grammatical corrections made within a certain period of time are completely acceptable. No one is perfect and there will always be a need to edit within a reasonable amount of time. You removed 90% of the bulk of your message which had already been replied to 12 hours later. Big difference. Sorry you cant seem to grasp the difference.

Sorry your not keeping up with the rest. Maybe read it again.
The gist, spirit and position of my response remained the same.

The only thing which happened is that it was pared down for brevity.

I think that you're making more of this matter than need be made of it.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:59 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

The gist, spirit and position of my response remained the same.

The only thing which happened is that it was pared down for brevity.

I think that you're making more of this matter than need be made of it.

I am not making anything out of it. All I stated was you edited your post. I stated I would not partake in a debate where you post and then I reply and then you change what you originally said after that reply. Seems underhanded.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:10 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

I am not making anything out of it. All I stated was you edited your post. I stated I would not partake in a debate where you post and then I reply and then you change what you originally said after that reply. Seems underhanded.
Well, it would be "underhanded" if the intent were to use such a measure as a "tactic" in an attempt to win a "debate".

But as mentioned earlier, the intent was brevity. To shorten the length of the post as well as eliminate any repetitiveness in it. Furthermore there was never any intent for "debate".

Indeed, I didn't even realize that there was even a "debate" in progress, as this thread has as it's mission to keep track of the members who have decided to go this route.

Now, you know I respect you propain. But I'm going to leave off with any further discussion of this particular matter, as I have to get back to the matter of keeping track of our forum members who have elected to go this route.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:12 PM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

I am surprised over 350 people have changed out their valves. I didn't think it was that many.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:24 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Originally Posted by sublime1996525
I am surprised over 350 people have changed out their valves. I didn't think it was that many.
On this forum, I didn't either.

And it is one of the reasons why I hyperlinked the names. So that people can see it for themselves.

However when you look at how busy these shops are, this 350 people are small potatoes when you look at this on a national level, worldwide level when you count Europe (Germany) and Canada, and look at it in terms of "time".

When I mention "time", do know that this has been going on since late 2005. So we are pushing 9 years now.

So it is not beyond reason to state that there are literally thousands of LS7 equipped Z06s out there running SS valves.

Also, and this is key, there are members in here who have not just changed "valves" in their stock heads, but have changed "heads" to offerings from Mast, PRC and Brodix among others. These heads come with SS exhaust valves in them.

Ask Texas Speed how many sets of LS7 heads they have sold.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...post1582632612

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...post1583563728

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 04-18-2014 at 01:42 PM. Reason: cut off the link
Old 04-18-2014, 03:00 PM
0Livernois Motorsports
Supporting Tuner

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

We use the stainless exhaust valves in all of our 3 heads.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:05 PM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Livernois Motorsports
We use the stainless exhaust valves in all of our 3 heads.
Did you mean stage 3 heads?

Do you recommend a smaller rpm range instead of 7,100 rpm?
Old 04-19-2014, 03:30 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by FSTFRC

Old 04-19-2014, 03:47 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FSTFRC

They can't in good conscious recommend that with .02X of bounce on that setup at that rpm... Well, some peoples conscious are not as clean as others I guess...

Get notified of new replies

To How Many Z06 Owners Are Running Solid Stainless Exhaust Valves?

Old 04-19-2014, 04:05 PM
ProEFI
Supremacy 1 car at a time
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

mine 06 running the stock ones until now everything is fine, in order mast heads.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:04 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by forg0tmypen
They can't in good conscious recommend that with .02X of bounce on that setup at that rpm... Well, some peoples conscious are not as clean as others I guess...
Of course not. Even if they did what would it be based on? You wont find Richard from WCCH making any public statement of 7100 RPM either. At least none that I have ever seen. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm....
Old 04-19-2014, 09:21 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Originally Posted by baro0k@eXtermination
mine 06 running the stock ones until now everything is fine, in order mast heads.
Good to hear.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...post1586692237

Let us know when you get the Mast heads Mubarak. When your build starts, I'll add you to the list.

Wow, I was impressed with how this method had spread in the LS7 when I saw owners in parts of Europe and parts of Canada utilizing it.

Now it's all the way to Western Asia.

People seemingly all over the globe, wherever there are C6 Z06s present, apparently know about them dropping an inordinate number of exhaust valves. And people the world over are taking the step of going with what very many professionals feel to be, a better cylinder head and exhaust valve option over stock. I just went up and added a section in the master listing for the Middle East.

I had gotten a strong hint of this, which can only be described as "global" trend, from one of our forum vendors who rebuilds these heads, American Heritage, in a previous post:

Originally Posted by American Heritage
We are reworking about 2 sets per week. I would have to pull invoices to find out the exact numbers but its getting up there. In the last few months we have been receiving lots of orders from the UAE and Europe
These guys have posted up some very valuable information with regard to this matter and their observations and experiences.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...post1585382870

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...post1585379042

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...-specials.html

Originally Posted by American Heritage
We are reworking about 2 sets per week. I would have to pull invoices to find out the exact numbers but its getting up there. In the last few months we have been receiving lots of orders from the UAE and Europe
Wow, keep me posted fellow forum members from all over the world.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 04-20-2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: add: "what very many professionals feel to be"

Quick Reply: [Z06] How Many Z06 Owners Are Running Solid Stainless Exhaust Valves?