Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Issues with the Z06 I just sold.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 10:45 PM
D-Rod
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with the Z06 I just sold.

So I sold my Z06 to a buddy in TX and asked him to get the tune checked out due to the air difference between WV and TX. He took it to a reputable shop and they found some issues. This is my buddy and I want to make things right. (Which would be easier if I didnt just spend all my money on another Z06) lol

First off, they said the driver side axle needed replacement but said it was good to drive on. I offered to buy him a C5 axle since I know they are an upgrade over the early Z06 models. My question is, are there any issues with putting a C5 axle on the drivers side since I already have a '09+ Z06 axle on the passenger side? I broke that one years back.

Secondly, my motor was loving timing when it was tuned up here. It had 27deg of timing and I checked it often to make sure I wasnt getting knock. When the car went to TX I recomended getting the tune looked at. It was getting knock so the shop wanted to retune it. The AFR was fine so timing seems to be the issue. They want $500 to retune it. That sounds high to me if timing is the only thing that needs adjusted. I think the best bet is to find someone with HP tuners and send a log to my tuner and have him adjust it. Any reasons why a simple change in timing should not be done remotely?

If anyone has a C5 axle for sale let me know. The car is in Houston.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:23 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I know one guy was running a C5 axle on one side and a stock Z06 on another side without a problem. but I wouldnt do it honestly. as far as the tune, maybe check with one of the vendors here that are in Texas that are welling to help and maybe give you a good deal on the tune. check with Carlos@Vette-air I am sure he will.

and no if it only needs the timing to be adjusted then $500 is a lot! they need a 100 for the credits and maybe another 150-200 max for some tweaking on the streets. a full dyno tune costs 400-500 so it doesnt make sense to me.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:14 AM
VicCaerter
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

IMO, its time to find another shop.

Get notified of new replies

To Issues with the Z06 I just sold.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Issues with the Z06 I just sold.